Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United Health Care Insurance

Yeah, I think that would be my same reaction as well. someone in the support group ref it an old boyfriend you shouldn't go back too ? I thought that was an interesting concept. But it takes time to adjust to new things.

Isn't that the truth. I am just excited to be able to start something new. I have high hopes for this. I don't mind giving up old habits if it means that I can ride a roller coaster and not worry about them saying that I don't fit or getting on a plane and worrying if I am too big.

OH!! the restaurant booths :angry:. I think the hostess does that on purpose. I genuinely do. Every time I go out to eat, it's always a booth and it will be the smallest one they have. I am like really? Really? Then because I am too embarrassed to ask for a bigger one or a table so I sit there the whole time uncomfortable.

Edited by Thejeweledsleeve

Omg yes. I absolutely hate it! Then you try to suck your stomach in and all of it doesn't go ? It's like make the tables wider people. I typically go for tables now because of the looks I get from other people. But I can't wait to just slide in a booth...I'll probably cry the 1st time it happens ?

I have to either have to have my tummy on top of the table or try to push it under. The day I slide into a booth and not almost get stuck, I will literally lose it. I will be so excited. Heck, I might do it three or four times!!! lol

Right I understand. It's like the little things you see others do that might not be a big deal IS really a big deal for people like us. Like walking through the entire mall without having to take breaks is another. Stuff like that people would be like it's no big dean but for someone as young as myself (25) and can't enjoy a full day out with my friends/family without stopping....I seriously can't wait to enjoy life to the fullest after this

I had some tears reading the posts about the booths. I have never experienced this problem even at my heaviest and can't imagine how that must have felt being constructed but too embarrassed to speak up. I always just pushed the table towards my husband and never thought much about it and how impactful that actually is. I truly wish you the best in your weight loss journey and may you have many of these small mile stones!! Good luck! [emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@Mandybb I wish the tables moved. I live in NYC. Most of the tables are nailed to the ground. I wish that they would stop doing that...like serious who breaks into a restaurant and says, "I am going to steal the tables..yeah the tables...B)"

Every policy is different, I have UHC and I was only required to take one nutrition class, one psych visit and an endoscopy. I started process Jan. 12th and surgery is set for Feb. 28th.

Wow that is amazing. Everything was sooo soon. Congrats!! I wish you the best!! Good luck!!:D:lol:

Thank you, and yes it was very quick!

Last week I received the date February 20th @09:00am. Was started on my liquid diet since last Monday. Went to my nutritionist appointment yesterday and was asked if I was having my surgery at the hospital because she didn't see me scheduled. Ok, now I'm blowing smoke! She said I needed to call the coordinator to see why! So I called and the coordinator saids oh we've submitted everything to UHC and we're awaiting your approval! STOP! I say so why was I given the 20th @0900am and why am I starving if technically if I haven't been approved yet? She goes, oh well we normally give a tentative date in hopes that everything is approved blah! blah! blah! Smh! I'm furious ! So you mean to tell me I'm going through the rough and could potentially be denied ? I am on pins and needles right now! I'm scared

I am 5'3 with starting weight of 260...I have a history of hypertension and swelling, my joints and knees hurt often. I also lost 10lbs last week from doing the liquid diet. I'm praying UHC approve me and fast!

I have UHC and was referred to their Bariatric Resource Services program. In addition to the 6 month diet, I need to provide a 5 year weight history of morbid obesity. The nurse from Optum I spoke with said BMI of 40 or higher or 35-40 with one co-morbidy.

I am freaking out a bit that I won't be approved. Currently my BMI is 42 and I have HBP but over the past 5 years I have been on/off dieting and my BMI has been between 36-38 for the most part. I was only recently (last year) diagnosed with HBP so the previous years where my BMI was hovering around 36-38, there was no documented HBP. Will it still count since i have the HBP now? I also have GERD but not sure that'll count and was only diagnosed with it in 2014.

I want this so badly and am nervous I'm going to be denied b/c I didn't meat the insurance criteria for weight history.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.