Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another One Meeting With Chavez ?????

So what? Hitler did too! He was nuts! He was evil! maybe he had some childhood issues, who cares, really, but mainly he was just an evil person and he did have a huge impact on the world, but I certainly wouldn't have liked to meet him! I don't think that even with a deep interest in psychology and sociology, I wouldn't have benefited from meeting him....he would've probably lied to me about the reasons he had to do what he did and tried to convince me that he was actually a good person... frankly I couldn't believe one word he would've said, and it's the same way I feel about Castro, Chavez, Sadam Hussein , etc.... It would be foolish to believe that you will get the actual truth out of any of these liars....

Hey, I guess we all think and feel diferent...I had 14 years to satisfy my curiosity about dictator's behavior.......you haven't....that's fine..

Yeah well, again, I don't see the complexity of their reasoning or methods, I don't find it interesting enough to meet them, it seems so simple to me, they love power at all cost, and they will do ANYTHING to obtain that power, they are just evil... I've never thought that dictators in general are interesting , strange or odd people at all, I actually think they are just power hungry and plain evil.... I just can't imagine Chavez having a great intelligence or a great mind.... all you have to do is listening to him talking... he just wants power and money...

There's complexity in everything we do. No two people have the same motivations behind their actions and behind their reasoning. That's what makes it interesting. If we could just say, "well, this is why someone does this, and that's why everyone else does it, too," the field of psychology wouldn't exist. I mean, obviously, power is a huge motivator. But what makes them want that power so much that they do the things they do? That's what is interesting.

Yeah well, again, I don't see the complexity of their reasoning or methods, I don't find it interesting enough to meet them,
And that's what makes us all different. All some people want to do is meet George W. Bush. I really don't have much interest in him. Other people obsess about celebrities and become groupies to the point of trying to have casual sex with them. That disgusts me. If we all shared the same interests, the world would be a very boring place.

Well, In my opinion, mostly everybody would like to be powerful, be rich....just like them, but the difference is that I have moral values that will stop me from doing just about everything to get that power or money or both...Chavez, Castro and others don't have values, again, they are just simply evil people, I don't see complexity ....sure we all do have different reasoning for doing even the same things....to me, tha'ts not so interesting or complex, that's just the fact that we are all different and therefore behave different, is that so interesting? I guess not to me.... actually many times from looking at people's actions, I can tell what their reasoning is behind it....and that's the case for me on Chavez and Castro.... their actions speak for themselves and to me, it doesn't take much analysis to figure that out....

Maybe you are a deeper person than I am....who'd knew....all these years I thought I was pretty darn deep....

See, that's where we differ. I don't think anyone is completely evil, and I don't think anyone is completely good. I like to try and figure out why some people are willing to go to certain lengths that others are not, just to get the same things that we all crave to a certain extent. Why do some people murder people for $5 when other people won't? I don't think it is a simple as saying that they just don't have values. Why do the lack those values? I ask questions, that's just the type of person I am. I feel the need to understand and to learn. That's why I'm getting a Master's degree and will probably go on to get a Ph.D. I enjoy learning, even if it is just learning about why people use certain reasoning.

Exactly my point, people that follow celebrities and actually would have sex with them, disgusting.... people that may want to meet W Bush or Clinton, whether I like one or the other, I don't think I would go the extra mile to meet them, because I think that I have a good idea of the reasoning behind their actions...However, neither one is a dictator, or a murderer...so meeting them is pretty much normal to me, but wanting to meet Bin Laden, Hu Jintao, Castro , Chavez, don't see the point, unless you work for the media and are in charge of interviewing them as your job, or unless you actually like them....and that's the reason why Penn and Spacey went to meet him in my opinion.... they certainly didn't go there to work for CNN as interviewers, so what other reason could they possibly have? do you think they are interested in psychology or sociology, I have a feeling they are not.....maybe I'm wrong...

Probably not. But hey, that's their right to like them, too. They have just as much right to have hobbies and have opinions as the rest of us. That's why I don't get pissed off when a celebrity opens his or her mouth. I may not agree with them, but I don't think they should have to keep their opinions to themselves, either. I'm sure none of us would keep our mouths shut about our opinions if we were in the spotlight. It's like Newton's third law of motion: For every celebrity with a certain opinion, there's a celebrity with the equal and opposite opinion. Kind of balances out, you know?

"See, that's where we differ. I don't think anyone is completely evil, and I don't think anyone is completely good. I like to try and figure out why some people are willing to go to certain lengths that others are not, just to get the same things that we all crave to a certain extent. Why do some people murder people for $5 when other people won't? I don't think it is a simple as saying that they just don't have values. Why do the lack those values? I ask questions, that's just the type of person I am. I feel the need to understand and to learn. That's why I'm getting a Master's degree and will probably go on to get a Ph.D. I enjoy learning, even if it is just learning about why people use certain reasoning"

My opinion is because some people are good and other people are bad, even if they are not completely good or bad, they are generally good or bad, so we act and behave according to who and how we are....

Why they lack values? because they weren't tought those values, therefore they never practiced them, never used them in their lives and obviously they didn't come naturally to them because they have a mean spirit and a darn black heart, to me it's that simple!

Hey I love to learn, I read constantly...I only have a bachelors and don't plan to keep on going because I have a very busy life that won't allow me to do it...but it would be nice though...

I absolutely love to learn, but certain things and/or persons I find that are not worth to bother trying to learn about them because they are simply disgusting to me and they lack of valuable philosophical information...

I've read about the Hitler and the Holocaust to obtain facts and info, which obviously you have done about Chavez and Castro as you said before....but I certainly wouldn't have liked to meet Hitler... from getting informed to actually having to shake hands with a monster like these people, that's a big difference to me....

but hey, we are all different.

Now it's my time to say, that's where we differ.... sure they have the right to like whoever they want, but really, I do get pissed off when I see these mostly ignorant celebrities behaving and talking as if they actually knew what they are talking about.... why do we have to listen to their stupidities? if I can avoid it , I won't read the articles, but sometimes I'm watching the news and I can't be quick enough to change the channel and I have to end up listening to Travolta telling me to go green when he has 2 private aircrafts and a tanker parked in front of his own house and fully fueled... sure that pisses me! and that's also my right to be pissed! that's good for you that you are much more understanding an civil than I am.... hey, sometimes I wish I was.... that's when psychology and sociology comes in handy, why some are more tolerant than others.....?

Why they lack values? because they weren't tought those values, therefore they never practiced them, never used them in their lives and obviously they didn't come naturally to them because they have a mean spirit and a darn black heart, to me it's that simple!
But then you have people that were raised with values and were taught values, but still act violently, cruelly, and immorally. The Menendez brothers, for example.

Now it's my time to say, that's where we differ.... sure they have the right to like whoever they want, but really, I do get pissed off when I see these mostly ignorant celebrities behaving and talking as if they actually knew what they are talking about.... why do we have to listen to their stupidities? if I can avoid it , I won't read the articles, but sometimes I'm watching the news and I can't be quick enough to change the channel and I have to end up listening to Travolta telling me to go green when he has 2 private aircrafts and a tanker parked in front of his own house and fully fueled... sure that pisses me! and that's also my right to be pissed! that's good for you that you are much more understanding an civil than I am.... hey, sometimes I wish I was.... that's when psychology and sociology comes in handy, why some are more tolerant than others.....?
I'd get pissed off if I didn't see the same crap coming from conservative celebrities. I figure, if they've got the right to spout off, so do the liberal celebrities. Personally, I think they're all full of crap and don't know what they're talking about. That doesn't mean that I don't think they have the right to show how ignorant they are.

Well, firstly we don't know for sure how their upbringing was, I've read that their father wasn't exactly a role model...

But even if they were raised perfectly and assuming they were not motivated to kill their parents out of anger for any reason whatsoever... well, they were definitely motivated by money.....which for them it probably meant power, financial freedom.... and they were plain evil, they loved money more than they loved their parents....should I try to figure out why they chose to the wrong actions? I don't think I have to....again, it's simple to me, they have a mean evil spirit, they were selfish, greedy.... they are many people like that in this world that commit horrible crimes for those same reasons, and I don't think they deserve much analisys....

Murders committed out of anger, greed/money are so common and simple to figure out...

Dictators that are power hungry, money hungry that would do anything to accomplish their goals are also so common and in my opinion, the reasoning behind their actions are beyond obvious..

I have to agree on several things with you here.... they have the right to express themselves, they have the right to show how ignorant they are and I also think they are full of crap.....

You and I both have the right to disagree, I have the right to be pissed and you have the right to be understanding, we all have to learn to disagree right!