Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Food" consumption

Ok I had surgery on 1/26 and honestly I know they tell you have to drink 64oz Water daily and to try and to have things like yogurt, cottage cheese, Protein Shakes etc. But I can hardly get anything down. I literally have like 4 small spoons of yogurt in the morning is that enough? And at lunch maybe some broth a couple spoons as well. Last night was he first time I was able to drink some of a Protein shake. Is this normal? It will get better right?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi

I was sleeved on the 11th Jan 2017

Crushed ice and those icy poles have been my godsend. After a few days of just crushed ice with a little cordial diet or non diet and those icy poles and I'm now able to drink fluids without any issues, my dietician and surgeon have told me no need to worry about eating if I didn't feel like it but to drink drink drink and I'm now doing ok 3 weeks after and have already lost 17kg

Hope this helps

I wouldn't sweat it so much. Get what you can in and don't push yourself on eating. Fluids are most important. Try like Atkins Lift, which is a clear Protein Drink

Same thing here. Sleeved 1/31 and I barely eat a teaspoon of yogurt and I'm full, teaspoon of tuna and I'm full and I can't drink a 1/4 of my Protein shake. I've been focusing on drinking Water and teas. I find that I generally sip on warm tea anyway and I can drink about 4 oz from a cup, so tea 5 x a day = 20 oz plus some Water and broth and the shakes (those count as liquids) I've been tallying 40 oz of liquids. Not bad for someone that's just 3 days out.

Ok so today I woke up and I was getting my boys ready for School. My son had a bottle of ice tea in room. Clearly I know I'am not suppose to drink this but I was super thirsty and it was the only thing in sight. I figured I would only be able to take a sip anyway. Well to my surprise when I drank some it went down so smooth and it didn't hurt or bother me at all. In fact I had several good size swallows it felt AMAZING!!! Then I went to drink Water and the same it went down easier. So I think the drinking part is getting better! I just kinda woke up like that minds you I'm 8 days post op.

I was sleeved 01/25... I can drink Water, crystal light, hot tea, etc and eat a popsicle with no real feeling of restriction... I can also drink about 4 to 5 oz of something like Tomato Soup without an issue, as long as I go slow and don't try to "chug" it... thicker stuff like pudding or greek yogurt I can't do more than about 2 spoonfuls. I'm not far enough along yet to have the other things that have been mentioned (I start purees the 8th, soft foods the 22nd and then March 15th I get real food again).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

AGreenEyrdWolf

I was sleeved Jan 11th, just drink drink drink food intake isn't to important now, I'm living the popsicles and Tomato Soups - Good luck with it all

Did you get the recipe book from your surgeon there are some great stuff to make I had this amazing pinacalada that went down beautifully

No I didn't get a recipe book :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App