Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't seem to get 60 ounces in a day

Hi I'm 4 days post out and just can't get 60 oz down in a day so far I'm not sick are anything from it but I know if it continues it will probaly make me really sick, I mean I sip all day if I'm not sleep I'm sipping and walking around, I feel good just kind of nervous and don't want to get dehydrated, any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have marked my Water bottle with rubber bands. Each section measures 125ml or 1/2 cup. I make sure I have finished each section in 1/2 hr increments. I use my timer on my phone to keep me up to date. I seem to be able to keep on track using this method, hope it helps.

At my 4 week post op appointment my nut said that my Protein Drinks were considered part of my Fluid intake count, because I was really worried I wasn't getting enough either. I felt so much better after what she said.

I'm 3 days post op and nowhere near my 60-90oz. I just try and do my best and I am able to drink a little more each day. I'm using a small 8oz sippy cup and just knocking out as many as I can. My Dr said not to start Protein until day 5 so I don't have that yet but it will count too. And I tried a SF popsicle today and it agreed with me. It's hard to keep up with it all though!!

After surgery your body is in a major heal mode. It is common for individual to be unable to meet their Fluid and Protein daily requirements during this time. Just keep trying each day and you should be able to get there soon.

It'll come...don't get too hung up on it.

I never was a popsicle eater but after surgery I went crazy over sugar free popsicles.

Same with the Protein. It takes a little figuring out how to get it all in. Just keep plugging away at it everyday and eventually you'll get it all in (or close to it) : )

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I use 4 10z medicine cups and drink one every 14 minutes...if you start at 8am you should get 64oz in by 10pm

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I had RNY on 1/25 and have been home working on making sure I get my recommended 48-60 oz of Fluid a day. What has helped the most is changing what I drink frequently. I have a Protein shake first, then some Water or crystal light, then chicken broth, then Protein Shake, then SF popsicle. The variety makes it much easier and more tolerable!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by MauiKendra

Yesterday while at Walmart I was impressed at all the sugar free variety drink options in the crystal light aisle...I really like the sugar free Kool Aid options and yesterday discovered they have a sugar free Crush pineapple and grape plus the Walmart brand had an awesome variety pack plus a new flavor of strawberry watermelon so variety helps me.