Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating/love/relationship

I must be honest i am terrified in getting into a relationship. I am scared of men at this point. I dont wanna get in a relationship and the guy gets jealous and start acting a fool! Im waiting until after i have had the surgery and after im done with nursing school to even be talking to men at thid point.. Ive passed up a few potential men since i broke it off with my ex sep 2015! Even then he demand i not get the surgery and accused me of being VAIN so i put off the surgery.. Now its time to do me!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I agree with @illailla. My husband met me at around 255, got up to 282 after 2 kids back-to-back, now at 228, headed to 160 or 140. He has loved me at all the phases. Not all guys are crazy jerks, not by a long shot.

I was married and experience the same thing... Long story short we got divorced I met my fiancé and he's secure, loves & trust me. He's been to every doctor appointment with me and listens to me if I need a ear : ) That's my Ace! Now it's good to focus on school and your health but if a man really loves you your size shouldn't matter. you just had a insecure man. It's funny I always felt, what if I was single and a man was attracted to the new me, would he have felt the same about the fat me? I don't feel I would want anyone that didn't give me the time of day before I lost weight, remember the guys that are into you know they maybe more genuine..

I understand what you all are saying but i am just not ready for a relationship and dont want one for now. Right now i am terrified of men.. Lol.. I dont think it has much to do with my weight.. I am just choosing to weight until i work on me to get in a relationship

Sounds like he was very insecure but all men will not react this way

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

He was definitely very insecure BEST decision i made in 2015 was to part ways with him

Wait not weight.. Lol

I understand what your saying. I was just stating my fear really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I got married in 2019! I hope all is well with everyone!

On 1/25/2017 at 7:53 AM, Raymia said:

I was married and experience the same thing... Long story short we got divorced I met my fiancé and he's secure, loves & trust me. He's been to every doctor appointment with me and listens to me if I need a ear : ) That's my Ace! Now it's good to focus on school and your health but if a man really loves you your size shouldn't matter. you just had a insecure man. It's funny I always felt, what if I was single and a man was attracted to the new me, would he have felt the same about the fat me? I don't feel I would want anyone that didn't give me the time of day before I lost weight, remember the guys that are into you know they maybe more genuine..

Did you have surgery? What the update?

Well they say most people meet the love of their life when they aren’t looking. Maybe focus on yourself but leave the option open if you meet the RIGHT guy.chances are if you meet him you will change your mind.

Edited by ShoppGirl