Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Chrissy4,

That's the postcode lottery for you. Our PCT has taken obesity seriously whilst others don't. It's a decision for them to make whether or not to fund obesity surgery. I find it difficult that the NHS in London, a world city, can't find the will to fund this highly preventitive and cost effective surgery. If Derby has the money to do it, so does London.

You are right, it is a postcode lottery, and yes you would think the money would be there for preventative surgery but unless you fit the required recommondations, have co-mobilities, you dont stand a cats hells chance of getting it. I of course would have much prefered to have surgery here in the UK, after all we are the best in the world, but this is the only way I can have affordable surgery with a well respected surg of my choice:smile2:

Lol yes im getting very nervous and my buttock cheeks are firmly pressed together, but not because of last nights programme, I have been nervous since I made the first contact lol:ohmy:. To be honest it could of been any Dr. patient, slipage happens, its one of the downsides of the procedure, but it doesnt mean that the Dr. was at fault, slipage can happen because of many different reasons, she may of had a blockage, lifted something to heavy, been vomiting. I think her point was that the Dr. was not available to see her when she got into trouble and she had left it until she couldnt swallow her own spit and she must of been really scared. We all run the same risk having it done in Brussels, but if we follow the rules, look out for the symtoms we should be ok. I understand that Dr Chris and Fred are both available on the end of a telephone and email should something be worrying us, and of course there is always our own GP's.

hi there,

Back at work.. still with ear ache.. but felt guilty being home!

had several phone calls the night lapband probs hit the news.. didnt sleep very well that night either..but, Ive decided, that there is risk with any operation.. the same can happen in the uk.. I take some comfort in the knowledge that in case of emergency treatment the NHS will step in.. they won't replace the band..which is fair enough..

STill havent heard from Frederik despite haivng emailed.. as it stands, I will be flying out on monday... with fingers crossed!! not a comforting feeling.. and to top it all, Ive lost my purse with my bank cards inside!!..

vanessa

For me personally I am no more nervous having seen the news last night because I cant find anything anywhere that says Dr.Chris has been anything but professional, I have seen or heard no complaints about him or his team.

I think its other peoples input that caused me concern.. like any surgery considered 'cosmetic'.. people have an opinion, most often not very constructive in nature...it reminds me of all the hype that surrounded breast implantations when they became popular..

Wow you are one of the lucky ones then to get it done on the NHS because here in London its a lot longer than a 3 months waiting list, and I wouldnt of been over weight enough even though im obese lol.

I did look into having it done private here but it was very expensive, and I know that there is no price on life, but needs must. In Brussels they speak English so no barrier there, and its only a couple of hours away. The Dr. has a very good rep so not at all worried about it :)

I think given the choice we'd all opt for a uk banding..however, due to obstacles as discussed, most of us have no option but to either abandon the idea or look abroad for assistance..the latter, thankfully, is affordable, and is most cases reliable..

by the way.. found a website..urgencies and emergencies for obesity surgery..might be worth taking a look at..

also, travel insurance.. surgery itself not insured, but policy covers all other aspects of holiday insurance policy.. name, linda briggs, insurance for cosmetic surgery.. single person policy costs £22

Well I'm home!!!!

What a fantastic trip well worth every penny, the hospital is so clean you could eat you "last" dinner off it, the staff are more than helpful and Dr Chris and Fredrick are smashing.:crying:

I am now looking forward to my new life with the band, the family are glad I'm home safetly and my husband was a fantastic support.

I met some lovely people when I was there and will be staying intouch with them all. :mellow:

All the advice from the site has been wonderful and I would say to anyone to get as much from all the folk on here, it really helped me. :eek:

by the way.. found a website..urgencies and emergencies for obesity surgery..might be worth taking a look at..

also, travel insurance.. surgery itself not insured, but policy covers all other aspects of holiday insurance policy.. name, linda briggs, insurance for cosmetic surgery.. single person policy costs £22

Hi Vanessa just wanted to say good luck for Tuesday, im all packed and ready to go. Hope our paths will cross sometime over the next few days and we can get that glass of Water or clear soup! :crying:

Well I'm home!!!!

What a fantastic trip well worth every penny, the hospital is so clean you could eat you "last" dinner off it, the staff are more than helpful and Dr Chris and Fredrick are smashing.:crying:

I am now looking forward to my new life with the band, the family are glad I'm home safetly and my husband was a fantastic support.

I met some lovely people when I was there and will be staying intouch with them all. :mellow:

All the advice from the site has been wonderful and I would say to anyone to get as much from all the folk on here, it really helped me. :eek:

So pleased to hear you had a good experience, its going to make my trip on Tuesday a little easier now and i agree the help on this forum is fantastic:smile2:

Hi Vanessa just wanted to say good luck for Tuesday, im all packed and ready to go. Hope our paths will cross sometime over the next few days and we can get that glass of Water or clear soup! :crying:

hi.

I still havent packed!!!... I'm always this slow..but i get there in the end...lol... its good to hear praise fro a recent bander.. I'm certain we will have the same stories to tell.... I certainly do hope we meet.. would be nice to have that glass of water whilst dreaming of white wine!!..

Gastric Banding Surgery Gastric Band

hi

off to belgium on thursday all booked and cant wait!! :thumbup:Havent met dr chris yet but have researched him well. Going by eurostar and more worried about train times!! even though i have gone over my intinery 20,000 times!! will fill you all in soon:lol:

hi

im having my lapband this week! hows it been for you?? i looking forward to it but nervous of the travelling!!

hi sparky1

i'm off to belgium next thurs, myself and my friend are both being banded, have you been good on your pre-op diet cos were have been dreadfull. I must admit i'm starting to get a little nervous.Are you going by yourself to belgium

hiya

been ok on pre-op diet... not great but ok! ive treid to eat low fat has good as i can but eating loads!! but i believe thats ok!! mY husand is coming with me...i am soooo excited....will keep you filled in!! Are you having it done with Dr chris?

HI all, i am being banded 28th Nov, was really nervous until i read this site and now i'm just excited. Still searching for flights though!, anyone else being done on that day would love to hear from anyone

Can anyone tell me did they have a [problem taking 3950 euros into the country as i know some places you can take a limited amount of money into the country

7hinking of flying with Ryanair only my flight on sunday is at 7am and wondering if the trains run at that time in the morning?

Edited by bytheseaside

hiya

been ok on pre-op diet... not great but ok! ive treid to eat low fat has good as i can but eating loads!! but i believe thats ok!! mY husand is coming with me...i am soooo excited....will keep you filled in!! Are you having it done with Dr chris?

Yes dr chris doing our bands. Im very excited but also a little nervous, just worried that my expectations are too high or that for some reason i won't lose the weight like everyone else, just me being sill hopefully.

I met up with a local lady who was banded 2 years ago, she looked absolutely fab. She showed me photo's of her before i could not believe the difference. She told me that being banded is life changing. She doesn't even think about food now, and she spending a fortune on new clothes her husband going mad.:D