Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Congrates to all you recent banders, Im hanging on to your every word because its not that long before I will be joining you all

hi chrissy4, when are you being banded.

hi chrissy4, when are you being banded.

Hi joyoyoung, I am being done on the 15th Oct, so only a couple of weeks to go before I join you all lol How are you feeling now, are you coping ok? :thumbdown:

hi

I'm on night shift at the moment, so I'm still eating extremely well!! will be stopping tomorrow..well, thats the plan..

Don't know about you, but I'm getting quite scared... keep telling myself it'll be fine.. and the success stories on here are inspiring...

What a good idea, can you imagine shopping in normal shops lol and not having to wear big pants lol-cant wait. Well I have started my preop diet and counting down the days-16 days to go omg!! thats going to go soooo fast:crying: I have had all my last suppers, my final one was fish and chips and omg it was so good, but im in the diet mode now so no more rubbish food cos i want to look my best for this Fred and Dr Chris the girls are cooing about lol:wink:

Hi Naomi

Well done on the 9lbs!

I soaked in the bath on Saturday to get the plasters off, (4 days after op). I've only had showers since then though and I try to keep the soap away from the scar cos my Doc said soap would irritate it. I keep putting Aloe Vera on the scars and I think they are healing very well with most of the redness almost gone. They no longer feel sore at the end of the day from rubbing against my shirt even though after I took the hospital dressing off I didn't put anymore on.

I stopped wearing stockings cos my girlfriend started to think I was getting into cross dressing! :thumbdown: No, seriously they told me a week but I stopped after 4 nights; once I was moving around a lot. I think you said you'd already gone back to work so you must be moving during the day so I would have thought you dont need them now.

Anyway good luck with the ongoing weight loss.

Nick

Hi

I am going to Belgium tomorrow - think i am more nervous about being in the right places at the right times than the op itself!

I will let you all know how it goes when i get back.

Thanks for the advice Englishrose, i hope that i can be as helpful as you have been to everyone on this thread!

Hi Carriejess

Best of luck for tomorrow, you will be fine.

Its a pleasure to answer any questions or give any advice. I know how nervous I felt before I was banded.

EnglishRose

Hi

I am going to Belgium tomorrow - think i am more nervous about being in the right places at the right times than the op itself!

I will let you all know how it goes when i get back.

Thanks for the advice Englishrose, i hope that i can be as helpful as you have been to everyone on this thread!

Good luck Carrie, my thoughts are gonna be with you and im sure that you will be fine

hi

I'm on night shift at the moment, so I'm still eating extremely well!! will be stopping tomorrow..well, thats the plan..

Don't know about you, but I'm getting quite scared... keep telling myself it'll be fine.. and the success stories on here are inspiring...

Yes im getting scared to but in an exciting way if that makes sense, im waking up during the middle of the night thinking about it, I spend all day thinking about it, but I think its quite natural to be aprehensive about the whole thing, its a big deal, but having this forum has helped a lot thanks to all the advise from the gang. We will be fine im sure and will no doubt have our ups and downs, but I cant think of any reason not to have it now lol, there are more positive posts than negative so it must be ok:smile2:

Im into day 2 of the preop diet and everything is ok at the moment. Im having slimfast for Breakfast and lunch with a snack bar mid morning and then in the evening Im having fish or chicken with loads of veggies so far so good, mind you I think what I have eaten over the last couple of weeks will keep me going for weeks lol:teeth_smile:

Did you manage to transfer the cash? I am going to email him tomorrow to ask if I can, I didnt go for the deal so dont know if I will be able to, but I can ask

hi chris and Naomi!!

I got your email, but was unable to add it to msn so i sent you an email instead! hope you got ok? how are you feeling now? you sound like you have recovered well! my weight is a bit frustrating!! i weighed myself the day before yesterday and scales showed a loss of about 9lb. but this morning it showed an increase of 3!!!!! can't understand this cos i am barely managing between 3 and 400 calories a day!!

gonna have to set myself a weight-in day each week and get hubby to hide the scales! coping really well with the band though and will progress to mash potatoes on Sunday which i can't wait for!! yum!!!

Naomi i got rid of the white socks on Saturday because i knew i would be moving around. glad those injections are all over!! I hated having to give myself those! felt like a drugie! have any of yous got your blue stitch out yet?? no one told me in the hospital about stitches or anything but i am going in this afternoon to see the doctor in case they need removed! i was lying down lastnight and i could actually feel my port!! weird!!

Getting the band fitted was simple enough in the end, but i still keep asking myself what if this doesn't work!! people seem to lose weight at different rates and i just don't want to be one of the slowest!! i don't feel at all hungry (accept for head hunger which i fight off or cure by eating one of those round toasts we got in the hospital! - by the way i found them in tescos!! they called Dutch CrispBakes! 29 calories!) great if you feel the need to chew!

well done to you both! the band seems to be agreeing with you and your weightloss is fabulous!!

Angie xx

HI Flirtylass!!

How you!! i keep missing you on Msn!! left you a message there. i gonna have to throw the scales out!! think they have become an obsession!! guess thats to be expected!

not long now til your first fill!! i am still feeling great restriction with the band without a fill. and feel no real hunger which is great! but i have already booked my flights for belgium for a fill at the end of the month!! hope i gonna need it now or will have been a waste of money on the flights and hotel!! oh well i guess i will just have to enjoy the dirty weekend with hubby! oops! did i say that aloud????

how is the weight going with you? i know it has been amazing so far! has it slowed down any?? i have decided just to stick to the juices, tea, crispbakes and yoghurt cos they are filling me and i'm not physically hungry. have you started any mushy foods yet??

catch you later!!

ANGIE XX

Hi joyoyoung, I am being done on the 15th Oct, so only a couple of weeks to go before I join you all lol How are you feeling now, are you coping ok? :cursing:

Myself and a friend are going on the 23rd oct, so you are before us, lucky you, I just want to get it over and done with so I can start getting rid of the pounds. Are you starting on your pre op diet soon? I spoke to Tullia this morning and she told me to go on a low fat diet for two weeks. Are you getting a little nervous now?, I think about it all the time Im sure i'm getting a bit of a bore to all my friends and family.

Hey angie think i told u all my updates so far on msn lol umm dirty wkend haha well for u....

Naomi how u doing now? Only a wk till my fill bet u wish it was u lol

money transferred successfully..... by world pay....

hi

am having difficulty transferring the cash..My bank HSBC dont seem to have the account number.. tried 3 times now.. two were digital errors by belgium, but 3rd is correct but still wont go through.. will try main bank tomorrow.. if not.. will have to travel with sack load of cash!!.. however, has been done before so not sure what the problem is... if you do try yourself.. ask to transfer via world pay.. cost £9 compared to the £25 bank had originally quoted!!!... naughty of them dont you think??

Yes im getting scared to but in an exciting way if that makes sense, im waking up during the middle of the night thinking about it, I spend all day thinking about it, but I think its quite natural to be aprehensive about the whole thing, its a big deal, but having this forum has helped a lot thanks to all the advise from the gang. We will be fine im sure and will no doubt have our ups and downs, but I cant think of any reason not to have it now lol, there are more positive posts than negative so it must be ok:smile2:

Im into day 2 of the preop diet and everything is ok at the moment. Im having slimfast for Breakfast and lunch with a snack bar mid morning and then in the evening Im having fish or chicken with loads of veggies so far so good, mind you I think what I have eaten over the last couple of weeks will keep me going for weeks lol:teeth_smile:

Did you manage to transfer the cash? I am going to email him tomorrow to ask if I can, I didnt go for the deal so dont know if I will be able to, but I can ask

Edited by vanessapc

Hey im just home from my weigh in and im in worst of form i put on half a pound i dont understand it i couldnt be eating less around 600cals i dont know what to do now its the last i expected

Hi Flirtylass

Dont panic too much, I also put on a pound recently but lost it again within a couple of days. It could be the clothes you were wearing were thick or heavy. I normally weigh in my Birthday suit so if I was weighed by my doctor I would weigh heavier with clothes on. Its only half a pound, you will probably find you will lose it again tomorrow. Also, all scales are different, I weigh heavier on my doctors scales then I do on my home scales.

EnglishRose