Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Help!

Doing this on my mobile so short message. Anyone know where next fill clinic is / what's best to do for emergency de-fill? Don't know what's gone wrong but I can't even get Water down and constant reflux. So tired and sore, need it sorted ASAP. Any advice? x

also freddy told us to suck an ice cube if we get like that

Hi Guys i was banded just over 3 weeks ago and have lost 17lbs. Went to get my first fill 2day. Was just wondering does anybody ever feel any restriction with their first fill. Frederik says no, so ive booked for the 17 th dec for my second fill. Also how many calories are u supposed to eat a day?

Hi Guys i was banded just over 3 weeks ago and have lost 17lbs. Went to get my first fill 2day. Was just wondering does anybody ever feel any restriction with their first fill. Frederik says no, so ive booked for the 17 th dec for my second fill. Also how many calories are u supposed to eat a day?

three weeks is a short time to get a fill hun it's normally 4,but anyway no you dont feel any restriction with your first fill hun it just fills the band for your next fill which starts to tighten it im on my second fill and have 5.5ml in and i can feel mine starting to work,i only eat once a day i dont count calories just try and eat Protein first then ya veggies and carbs last good luck :)

Thanks slinky, i cant wait for my second fill then as im constantly thinking about food at the moment. I got the fill 2day because of where i live the next one wouldnt be until 7 weeks after op by then id be chewing my arm off lol. Well done of ur weight loss ur doing well :)

Thanks slinky, i cant wait for my second fill then as im constantly thinking about food at the moment. I got the fill 2day because of where i live the next one wouldnt be until 7 weeks after op by then id be chewing my arm off lol. Well done of ur weight loss ur doing well :)

i know what you mean about waiting i had to wait 7 weeks for my first fill,i was pissed off lol,your second fill will help you but it can sometimes take the third fill were you can really feel it working,you will just have to try and eat sensible lol,i know it's very hard:lol:

Welcome to the newbies and excellent forward planning, booking your op Sara. Llama when are you booked for your op hunny?

Laila My first fill was 6 weeks after surgery as my doc was away on holiday, then I had another 4 fills before I started to lose properly, that was July 2009 when I was over-filled, and brought me up to 6.5 mls in my band which holds between 9 and 12mls.

I had a de-fill in October of 3mls, due to the fact that I was going away for 3 weeks and doing 10 flights. We travelled a bit lol.

I then went for another fill in December 2009 which took me back up to 5.75 because freddie boy said he didnt want me to be over-filled again.

This wasnt tight enough and by may I had gained over 8lbs so he put in another 0.25, bringing me up to 6mls.

Then i had another 0.25 put in, at the same visit cos I got the Water down ok, and I had asked to be back up to 6.5 and freddie told me to try the water after the fill and if I got it down then he would put the other 0.25 in.

Are you bored yet????

I had another 0.5 put in a month later, then had to have it taken out again because of the acid reflux.

In July of this year I had 0.25 back in, bringing me back to 6.5mls and now next month I am getting 3 taken out again, cos I feel quite run down and cant eat much and taking in fluids is harder still.

If WLS had had a clinic in manchester when I started my fills I could have saved a mint, but alas they didnt.

Acutally freddi was very good and gave me 3 free fills cos we couldnt get it right, which was really good of him, bless.

I hope you can make head or tail of it hunny.

Hahahaha Freckles!! I think my history would be even more confusing!! :thumbup: It's amazing the balance between little restriction and being over filled.

At the moment I really can eat anything and in any amounts. I forget I've got a band sometime! I'm really trying to fill up on veg as I'm so hungry, I forgot how much I love my band!! Roll on December 11th for my refill! I just hope the acid doesn't come back :)

Glad ur daughter is OK.

Hope everyone else out there is doing well and looking forward to the weekend :)

Hello All

Hope everyone is well, have read the last few pages of the post. Congrats to those that have decided to be banded. Best decision you will ever make and this forum really helps people to decide who and why!

Well 16 weeks in and I have lost 47 lbs and 40 inches. So so pleased. Definately have restriction and still really only able to eat soup! Have booked a fill for January 2011 as we are away over Christmas.

I am so close to my 1st target of 50 lbs just 3 lbs to lose over three weeks and then I can have a decent photo with the Big cheese himself! So excited but the littlest who is 5 on Sunday doesn't have a clue we are going away!

So hoping that this fill which was 4 weeks ago will loosen off a little and let me have a small reprieve over Christmas, my birthday and New Year! I can't tell you how pleased I am, chuffed just can't describe it!

Anyway best go as I have the laundry to do and watching Children in Need.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and stay focused.

Hi all, had my 1st fill yesterday, feel no different but have been advised I wont until maybe my 3rd. Am not even considering another fill anyway until after Christmas as want to eat and drink with no pain... lol

Slinky.. lovely to meet you and Lynda, its so nice actually speaking to people face to face and getting your advice... When are you going for your next fill? :)

[quote name=lilliebo' timestamp='1290207559' post :blink:='1538478]

Hi all, had my 1st fill yesterday, feel no different but have been advised I wont until maybe my 3rd. Am not even considering another fill anyway until after Christmas as want to eat and drink with no pain... lol

Slinky.. lovely to meet you and Lynda, its so nice actually speaking to people face to face and getting your advice... When are you going for your next fill? :)

hi lilliebo lovley to meet you and hubby,strange when you actually meet someone off here lol,it took me ages to find this forum again after they messed with it :blink:

Hi Gang

What the hell have they done to the site - its taken me ages to find it and get logged back in

Anyway decided to have another fill as still got very little restriction - sadly no clinic in Edinburgh during December which is a right pain cos now got to go to Glasgow on 17th December. Hoping that will be me this time and the band will start working for its money

Now not lost anything in over a month and getting really fed up - Dr Chris told me to diet and exercise!?!?!!??! If I had been able to do that I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place AARRGGHH

Suppose I should be happy with weight loss so far but just expected it to be so much quicker than it has been - never been known for my patience lol

Glad everyone is doing well and newbies - good luck on your journey and ignore my moaning

Kerry xx

Hi Gang

What the hell have they done to the site - its taken me ages to find it and get logged back in

Anyway decided to have another fill as still got very little restriction - sadly no clinic in Edinburgh during December which is a right pain cos now got to go to Glasgow on 17th December. Hoping that will be me this time and the band will start working for its money

Now not lost anything in over a month and getting really fed up - Dr Chris told me to diet and exercise!?!?!!??! If I had been able to do that I wouldn't have needed the band in the first place AARRGGHH

Suppose I should be happy with weight loss so far but just expected it to be so much quicker than it has been - never been known for my patience lol

Glad everyone is doing well and newbies - good luck on your journey and ignore my moaning

Kerry xx

What a nightmare trying to get back in here!

Hi Scooby, gutted that you've not lost anything since your 4th fill, I've got my 4th on Thursday and I am praying it gets things moving.

How much more did Freddie say he would be able to get in after the 4th one? was really hoping I wouldnt need anymore for ages, but looks like me and you will have to keep going with teeny fills!

Good luck chick x

Been having a play as friends and colleagues asked for some photos please be gentle 2 lbs short of my 50 lbs loss and then I am half way.

post-290025-13813139728192_thumb.png

I hate when they update a website, supposedly for the better pffffft....I say if its not broke dont try to fix it.

We now have less space for posting due to the adverts.

But I spose having the adverts keeps the board free.

Great pix MummiesBB, you have done so well, in such a short time, well done you!!!!

Update for the whey Protein that I have now been taking for a week, my tum seems to have settled down now, and it does help make me regular, which is a constant issue when you're not eating much.

My weight has gone down by a pound, in that week, and the only thing I am doing different is the whey protien drink, so will stick with this and another plus is that I seem to have more energy.

So glad Jane told me about it. I think it only has 100cals per glass when mixed with 200mls of Water, and it does ensure that I'm getting all the protein that I need.

well done claire youve done great you can see you have lost a fair bit of weight,i think my walking is working wonders my body shape has changed alot more than my weight loss, hope everyone is able to find the site again i only found it by one of freckles old post on a different chat thing,with the webpage address lol dont ask me where it is ,i dont know not very good on computer