Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi. Just up from recovery. Feeling bit fuzzy around edges. Not great pain. Fab!!

Well I'm back in hotel after my op, still in some pain but much better than yesterday. Can anyone tell me if they had this burning pain just below your bra line also knottting pain in both side of back like indgestion ive taken windeez and the ones the doc gave me but no help should i take another pain killer instead x

Hi. Just up from recovery. Feeling bit fuzzy around edges. Not great pain. Fab!!

Thats great im still in some pain hoping it will ease soon x

Well I'm back in hotel after my op, still in some pain but much better than yesterday. Can anyone tell me if they had this burning pain just below your bra line also knottting pain in both side of back like indgestion ive taken windeez and the ones the doc gave me but no help should i take another pain killer instead x

Great to hear you feeling better.. yeah got all that pain and am still getting it a week on.. its from the gas they use when they blow you up to operate on.. I am just taking painkillers for it.. codeine work a treat, windeze didnt work for me. bet you cant wait to get home :laugh:

Gotta admit, I had a bit of melted icecream yesterday! It was nice and soothing!! :laugh: Finding the liquid diet ok but getting a few cravings for other things like pancakes and mash!! I;m just having a yoghurt every morning, then a slim fast milkshake at lunch and some Soup in the evening. Not tried having a hot choc yet think I will do that later! How are you getting on with the pain? I'm still feeling uncomfortable, but quite head strong so its not stopping me getting up and walking about - i can only sleep on my right side...

Freckles i got my dressings from lloyds Pharmacy too, I am changing mine every day after a shower coz I am paranoid about getting an infection..

good evening.. yeah pain is still there even after a week but its definately gets less and less every day.. its just the gas pains I am getting which are the worst as its effecting my back the most. Ive only just been able to lay on my side in the last few days otherwise it was straight.. which was so annoying. In the morning its worst for me as I feel so weak but I am like you head strong.. I have just starting picking my daughter up she is 19 months and I just cant resist... I had a square of chocolate earlier and just melted it on my tongue yum yum..... I am still really unsure about what I can eat after 10 days.. is it just mushy food? :biggrin:

Amazed!!!! You're amazing, fancy getting online when you're just out of theatre!!!

Bless, glad the pains not too bad, it must be the morphine helping that chick. Hope you have a good night, take care of you xx

You two poor girls, Dylan and lille, I hope the wind pain ease for you, that is so common, yet I didnt have that lucky me eh, I'm not gloating, I feel so sorry for you.

Lillie dont strain yourself picking up babby, dont forget you have internal stitches, holding the port in place you dont want to rip them do you.

Please be careful sweetheart.

Amazed!!!! You're amazing, fancy getting online when you're just out of theatre!!!

Bless, glad the pains not too bad, it must be the morphine helping that chick. Hope you have a good night, take care of you xx

You two poor girls, Dylan and lille, I hope the wind pain ease for you, that is so common, yet I didnt have that lucky me eh, I'm not gloating, I feel so sorry for you.

Lillie dont strain yourself picking up babby, dont forget you have internal stitches, holding the port in place you dont want to rip them do you.

Please be careful sweetheart.

thanks Freckles I didnt realise that.. I know I should take it easy, its so hard when she is so used to me cuddling her all the time and lately she hasnt had any... but I will try to not do it so often.. I am not feeling too bad tonight ive actually been burping.. yippeeeee.. can you give me advice on what I can eat after my 10 days, can I have scrambled egg (squashed down) or does it have to be food totally blended? thanks xx :laugh:

Well I'm off for a walk now. Down the corridor cos I feel good. The pain meds DID wear off a while ago via since surgery young girl next to me had two more pain drips put up but she sounds good and looks well. So see you tomorrow freckles!

I understand where you're coming from sweetie, my grandaughter is 14 months and I always want to pick her up and cuddle her, they are so cute at that age, and she is your baby of course you want to cuddle her, just try it sitting on the floor or in an armchair, so as to take the strain off your poor old tummy.

Oh dear Lillie, I wasnt banded by Dr Chris, but I should imagine the mushies are much the same.

I ate everything I could mush up, I spose if you have a liquidiser you can eat anything you want, I think I ate just what I fancied, dont think I had scrambled egg, but some people do.

Some people bought baby food cos its mushy. I dont know what to say really apart from, mash, with cheese (I mean Smash not proper potatoes) I made a lot of Soups with lots of veg and chicken in them and made them tasty by adding Knorr stock cubes and cheese, makes lovely tasty Soup.< /p>

Weetabix and smooth porridge, jelly and custard, you could liquidise some tinned/fresh fruit too.

Hope your pains ease off soon girlies, nothing worse is there.

Amazed, wot u like, off for a walk indeed, dont you overdo it or you wont be going back home on Friday.

So glad you feel good though.

My surgeon told me to get plenty of rest, but not to lie in bed all day he said just potter about, no lifting or doing anything strenuous, and it put me in good stead. these docs know what they're talking about so take heed ladies. :laugh:

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow hunny.

Amazed, wot u like, off for a walk indeed, dont you overdo it or you wont be going back home on Friday.

So glad you feel good though.

My surgeon told me to get plenty of rest, but not to lie in bed all day he said just potter about, no lifting or doing anything strenuous, and it put me in good stead. these docs know what they're talking about so take heed ladies. :sneaky:

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow hunny.

Took three walks during night. Had drain removed by seven am. Had X-ray. Saw dr Chris got meds etc and now back at hotel. Will definitely see u later. It's not freddy tonight he's in Uk it's a different nurse called Chris. See u later xx

Hello all

I've just seen Frederik in London for my 2nd fill. In went 2 mls and oh boy I definately have restriction now! So I have 5mls in and I have been fortunate to have lost every week for the last 12 weeks so hoping this will keep me going until November 28th when I have my last one before going away on hols.

Target to lose before the 14th December is 50 lbs.

Have a good day and take it easy those that have just been banded.

Best wishes

Claire

2nd fill.

In went 2 mls and oh boy I definately have restriction now! So I have 5mls in.

I feel dreadful, assuming this is normal. I haven't managed to keep anything down all day except a cup of hot boiled water!

Hoping this will ease up in a few days but it isn't very pleasant!

:sneaky:

Hi all, I am very upset had my second fill yesterday and frederick put 2mls in i feel no restriction at all!! i did ask him to put 2.5 but he said he can't and the next time he will put 1ml!! the 10 kg that i lost that is 20llbs was during the first week after the operation then i have not lost any for 10 weeks even after my first fill!! I really don't know is this is going to work for me!!

Hi all, I am very upset had my second fill yesterday and frederick put 2mls in i feel no restriction at all!! i did ask him to put 2.5 but he said he can't and the next time he will put 1ml!! the 10 kg that i lost that is 20llbs was during the first week after the operation then i have not lost any for 10 weeks even after my first fill!! I really don't know is this is going to work for me!!

Hey you!

You must be at 3 then? I must admit if you're paying for it - surely he could have put more in?

How fast can you get your next fill ordered????? Chin up honey - you must feel peed off but it's better to be comfortable than uncomfortable eating wise??

I had first fill a week ago - 5 mls - and am struggling lots - I joked at time (but a little seriously ;0P) could my Bariatric Surgeon shove 8 in instead?! He said no way have to do it little by little - as still wants me to be able to enjoy a little food - my gawd am I glad he didn't put anymore than what he put in - I have to be sick if I eat any solids!!!! I'm only a week in so maybe it's a chewing learning thing or something... or maybe I need a de-fill but have read that many get restriction bout 4-5??

Good luck hon x