Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Paul, your body will tell you if you need urgent attention, until then try not to exert yourself too much, try to take it easy.

Brilliant news on your weightloss, way to go baby!!!!

I havent been able to eat or drink very much at all, and this

morning could only manage a few sips of Cranberry juice, coffee was out of the question, but as the day passes it will improve, I know this from my previous experience.

Carrie, its early days yet as I'm sure your Mum has said to you, eat what your body wants and if its chocolate and crisps, so what?

Plenty of time to get the fruit and veg down your neck.

Things change in pregnancy I shouldnt worry too much about your weight for the time being, just on staying healthy. xxx

extra note for the experts.... Since my fill I notice that I get a very sharp stabbing pain near

my port if I bend too much. I am guessing it could be for one of two reasons, 1 just because

it's filled now or 2 that I have been prodded by Chris and it's moaning about it. Anyone got this too?

And any possible reasons for it please? Paul

HiPaul

I really would not worry about tit unless its unbearable, the port can take months to heal and as bobo says sometimes you may slightly move it, but it heals, try not to worry to much, i still from time to time feel a little pain near port and i am 14 months out.

g

Hi all,

I am back from Brussels OMG the whole experience was so weird.

I flew from Leeds/ Bradford got there 1h 20m later. I got to Brussels at 7.30pm then got a taxi to the hotel which cost us 27 Euro which I think was rather expensive for 10 min taxi ride.

The hotel was rather basic but very clean, location could have been better it was located in industrial estate nothing to look at.

That night me and the 4 other girls from UK had a meeting with Fredrik he went through everything eg about the surgery about complication that might happen and so on. We could ask him questions if we need to. Also we had to pay for our surgery that night.

Next morning we got a taxi to the hospital for 7 which took us 5 min to get there.

I was shown to my bed and the cupboards with number on and also bathroom with my own sink lol.

Nurse asked me to get changed in their trendy gown and socks. One by one lots of different nurses came do different test. Also dr de brunye came and all the girls gathered in one room and he explained to us what was going to happen.

It was about 1:45 I was wheeled into theatre there waited for about 30 min in this room with 4 other people waiting for surgery. As I was waiting I could see the recovery room in that room was a girl from UK who has just had her surgery done she was violently sick. After seeing her I was scared wanted to run away and thought to myself what on earth am I doing. Few min later I was wheeled in theatre and they did lots of preparing around me. Anastasia was put in my arms to make me fall asleep I remember it was 2:20 that time. I woke up in the recover room I think it was 2:50 when I looked at the clock might be wrong cuz I was very sleepy. I was in lot of pain so they gave injection on my bum. After 2 hours in the recovery I was then back in the room where my hubby was waiting for me. Slept most of the evening then was awake whole of the night, me and the other girl we chatted all night. I was lucky I was with 2 other girls from UK.

In the morning had the ex ray test to see if everything is as it should be. I was not sick I did really well cant say I liked the taste.

The surgeon came and told us we can go back to the hotel and before we go we had to try and eat little bit of Soup and crisp bread. I eat one crisp bread and 2-3 spoon of soup which I felt I was full.

Coming back to the UK was not nice to travel hated it, especially the bumpy ride from the airport to York.

Sorry guys iv gone on too much, thought my experience might help other who r thinking of going.

hi jasmine glad to see your back bet your pleased your all done lol,what was the pain like for you and how many needles do u get i hare needles dont mind the ones you have to do yourself but how many do you get in the hospital thanks hun x:thumbup:

HiPaul

I really would not worry about tit unless its unbearable, the port can take months to heal and as bobo says sometimes you may slightly move it, but it heals, try not to worry to much, i still from time to time feel a little pain near port and i am 14 months out.

g

Thanks Garry , looks like I must look after it so it does not moan too often!

Paul

Thank u all for your good wishes,

Im so glad another big wish on my list is completed, I know it’s a start of a new slimmer me cant wait.

Want to say to any one if your thinking of having it done please go for it there is nothing to worry about, if I can do it then any one can do it. I wish went ahead with it sooner.

The team at the other end are so nice cant fault non of them.

WANNABE SLINKY

The pain I felt was after the surgery in the recovery room which was sorted very quickly with injection .

If u need more painkillers they are given through ur IV drip.

The pain is not bad but it was uncomfortable when I was moving, I asked for painkiller because it was there and others had it, maybe I would of managed without it.

The needle I had was one from IV, blood test before surgery and one next day to make sure everything is ok so 3 I think.

Don’t worry I don’t like needles but they are very good at there jobs. it will seem a lot but lot of things are cramped into short time.

Hi everyone.

I wonder if anyone could let me know the telephone number to contact Chris or Freddie, My pal is wanting to go to Belgium but we cant seem to find a number. and could you also let me know if we book direct do they pay the hotel bill or is that left to her to pay. I was banded by Chris last september but I went through that mad woman Tula laws say no more so any information would be appreciated

thanks

Sheila

Hi everyone.

I wonder if anyone could let me know the telephone number to contact Chris or Freddie, My pal is wanting to go to Belgium but we cant seem to find a number. and could you also let me know if we book direct do they pay the hotel bill or is that left to her to pay. I was banded by Chris last september but I went through that mad woman Tula laws say no more so any information would be appreciated

thanks

Sheila

Hi if you book direct you do not need to pay for taxis/hotel - all covered as part of the package

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be - email for Frederik - sorry not got phone number to hand

How have you found your band journey?

Hi everyone.

thanks

Sheila

Hi Lynxie , If you want to telephone Fredrick his number is

0032 472 01 90 91.

Go for the package they offer, it does take so much stress away from the whole journey.

Good luck Paul

Hi everyone.. Thank you very much for all the suport everyone are giving me in here, i am really glad.. So still without news in here. Hubby still so dificult about surgery, but look like he stop talk about this subject with everyone his met.. I had sent a msg to Frederik and i am waiting for see when next mont will have surgery in there ,then i will decide when will be my big day to go for that ALONE :thumbup:

Start take a Multi Vitamins today and soon i pick the day will start for the diet..cant wait for all that is done and new stage of my life starting..Hope i will be ok in there alone.. :thumbup: (little scared of that)

LYNXIE i know exactly what you talk about Tulia is really strange she keep ring me, weird woman... So better you do that with Frederik for sure, the price is much better with him also and you will be more glad for dont need talk with her.. she is so push..Frederik is in holidays at the moment and he will come back on 19 he sent me a email yesterday..

So take care everyone and THANK YOU very much for all the help..

Juli.

Hi all its 3 weeks today until i make my journey nerves are really setting in, keep snapping at hubby but he's taking it well so far lol. Gonna try to start my pre op diet this week so if i dont stick to it strictly hopefully it will be ok by the time i go. Great to read all your stories which also give me reasurrance im doing the right thing. Told my sister-in-law the other day and she was great about it worried a little that i'm going aboard for the op but still supportive, i know she's told my brother about it but he hasn't mentioned it to me so dont really know how he feels, other than them haven't told anyone else maybe when its over and done with. Anyway i'll keep reading all your posts to get me through the next few weeks lol :thumbup:

Sussie

Hi Sussie I was banded just over a year ago i cant believe it i have lost 8 stone, are you going to Dr Chris for your surgery, my sisterinlaw and niece are getting band done on the 6th of May with Dr Chris, i am traveling with them:smile:

Hi Guy's I went to Wendy in Dublin yesterday for a fill after having defill last month Wendy put in half a mil bringing back up to 5.5 so hope this gets me back to where i was let you know in a couple of days,just on the port pain i suffered with this too as Garry said it can take months i too get it now and again it will get better nurofen helps:smile:

Hi Shoes wow you've done great 8 stone in just over a year thats brilliant hope i can get same sort of results from my band. Yes Dr Chris is doing my surgery but i fly home on the 6th of May but you never know i may bump into you and your family the night before if im in any fit state after my surgery lol, would be great to meet someone who has gone through this and come out the other side. If you have any advice on preparing to go or things to take it will be greatfully received.

Well done again on your weight loss and to all the other bandsters :thumbup: this site and your stories make me feel so positive about surgery even if i am still nervous lol.

Hi guys and gals,

I'm very rarely on here but I do believe it's a wonderful forum full of help and support from past and present bandsters.

I was banded on 15th January this year and things have been going pretty well. Weight loss has been very slow...lost a stone in the first two weeks but haven't lost a single pound since...in saying that I'm mentally in a better place because I know that eventually it will all fall into place. And I can't remember the last time I went 2.5 months and didn't gain any weight !

The reason I've come on is to ask a couple of questions...

I go for my third fill next week. For the first fill Dr. Chris put in 3mls. This made no difference to my eating. For the second fill I got 2.5mls put in. For the first 2 weeks I noticed a difference in the amount of food I could eat and also noticed food getting stuck more often (clearly I wasn't chewing well enough...hard habit to change). But in the last few days I've noticed that I'm eating all the time (through habit I suppose) and food seems to be going down no problem. Is this normal?

Also I've never experienced the feeling of..."I'm stuffed, can't eat another thing"...is this normal? Will it eventaully come or will I just get to a point where I can't physically eat any more but still not have a full feeling.

Hopefully someone can help.

Sharon

Hi guys and gals,

I'm very rarely on here but I do believe it's a wonderful forum full of help and support from past and present bandsters.

I was banded on 15th January this year and things have been going pretty well. Weight loss has been very slow...lost a stone in the first two weeks but haven't lost a single pound since...in saying that I'm mentally in a better place because I know that eventually it will all fall into place. And I can't remember the last time I went 2.5 months and didn't gain any weight !

The reason I've come on is to ask a couple of questions...

I go for my third fill next week. For the first fill Dr. Chris put in 3mls. This made no difference to my eating. For the second fill I got 2.5mls put in. For the first 2 weeks I noticed a difference in the amount of food I could eat and also noticed food getting stuck more often (clearly I wasn't chewing well enough...hard habit to change). But in the last few days I've noticed that I'm eating all the time (through habit I suppose) and food seems to be going down no problem. Is this normal?

Also I've never experienced the feeling of..."I'm stuffed, can't eat another thing"...is this normal? Will it eventually come or will I just get to a point where I can't physically eat any more but still not have a full feeling.

Hopefully someone can help.

Sharon

Hi Sharon when you get a fill depending on where you are with restriction you will feel tight for a few weeks then it tends to ease off.The food getting stuck is actually restriction to a certain extent.The more food you eat the more stretched your band gets.If you go back on to liquids for a few days you will find the band goes tighter and you will not be able to eat as much as its not getting stretched with food going down.

Its very hard to get to the right point of restriction where you get that full feeling as 0.5 of a mil can make a Hugh difference to your restriction that instead of you being able to eat anything you can eat nothing at all.When you do get it you will feel full but not like the days where you could of eaten loads of food at like a buffet meal or something and you would get that bloated feeling at your belly where i used to say I'm stuffed i could not eat another thing.Its hard to describe but when the restrictions right your band should slow down the speed and consumption of food going down. When food reaches the receptors at the top of your stomach that tells your brain that your full.So instead of me wolfing a meal down and it sliding straight down to the bottom of my stomach the band slows the process down and if it backs up and reaches the receptors you wont be able to eat any more if that makes sense.

Its more of i physically cant eat any more as i can tell when the foods starts to back up in the band and thats when i stop eating as if i don't i will get the sliming .

I hope this helps you any as it relay is an individual thing and this is my experience.Others may be able to describe it a better way but you need to get your head round the way your band works everybody's different.

Hi Sussie I was banded just over a year ago i cant believe it i have lost 8 stone, are you going to Dr Chris for your surgery, my sisterinlaw and niece are getting band done on the 6th of May with Dr Chris, i am traveling with them:smile:

Hi Guy's I went to Wendy in Dublin yesterday for a fill after having defill last month Wendy put in half a mil bringing back up to 5.5 so hope this gets me back to where i was let you know in a couple of days,just on the port pain i suffered with this too as Garry said it can take months i too get it now and again it will get better nurofen helps:smile:

Hi Shoes

At what point did you start losing weight - I am now 4 weeks post op and losing nothing - going for 1st fill next week so hoping this will make a bit of difference

I have a lot to lose and thought I would have started to see it going in the right direction - have lost about 12 lbs so far but nothing for last 2 weeks at least

Kerry

Hi Shoes wow you've done great 8 stone in just over a year thats brilliant hope i can get same sort of results from my band. Yes Dr Chris is doing my surgery but i fly home on the 6th of May but you never know i may bump into you and your family the night before if im in any fit state after my surgery lol, would be great to meet someone who has gone through this and come out the other side. If you have any advice on preparing to go or things to take it will be greatfully received.

Well done again on your weight loss and to all the other bandsters :unsure: this site and your stories make me feel so positive about surgery even if i am still nervous lol.

Hi Sussie, we be only arriving when you be on your way home all over and done with on the way to starting your new life thats a pity its not the same day my sister in law and niece will be getting band on the 7th of May,

make sure you bring comfortable clothes for coming home and slip on shoes, the TV in hotel isn't great the only english channel is sky news,if you have a lap top might be handy to bring but you probably wont be in the mood for it, dont forget to bring passport with you to the hospital to check in and if you like a cuppa like us Irish bring some tea bags and a mug cant think of anything else at the mo if you look back a few pages im sure peep's on here have put up a list if i think of anything else i will let you know are you excited :thumbup: