Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Yes thats it, I went form nearly 25 stone to 13 and a half about 18 months ago. Since then its been steadily creeping up so decided to do this proactivly before it became a big problem.

Nice to put names to faces, very small room wasnt it.

8448-albums199-picture2188.html

Edited by cankster

Yes thats it, I went form nearly 25 stone to 13 and a half about 18 months ago. Since then its been steadily creeping up so decided to do this proactivly before it became a big problem.

Nice to put names to faces, very small room wasnt it.

i'M SOOOOOOO impressed with your weight loss journey, and yes it is a very small room, but friendly and its easy to make friends.

Thank you i have popped a pic of me pre weightloss on my profile x

WOW that a really big difference.

I'm a bit cross with myself, because I thought I'd put on 9lb whilst my band was empty but the scales said 14lb today. It just goes to show how much I rely on this band, and now I've got yet another stone to lose :cursing:

Well the fill went well got 6mls in my 20ml band. The Protein Shakes are definately gurgling down slower. Also got told by fred that the lump under my port was a bleed. He reckons its not a problem and will disperse of its own accord over the next few months. Fortunately it did not effect his ability to find port (although he thought it would). Very painless and simple.

hi cankster

i am interested to read you have a 20ml band is this a new type as i thought the johnsons one was only 14.

Cheers

I was surprised when fred said that as well, didn't think it was that big. They said no grub for 2 days does that mean sun or mon?

Anyone booked for surgery on 9 March? I already have a band, but Dr. Chris is taking my gallbladder out that day. Hope there will be someone from this thread in hospital with me. -T

Anyone booked for surgery on 9 March? I already have a band, but Dr. Chris is taking my gallbladder out that day. Hope there will be someone from this thread in hospital with me. -T

How glad am I to hear that I am not the only one going on 9th march

atleast now there are going to be two of us lol.

I am travelling on eurostar so see you at the hotel then ok ?

Paul

WOW that a really big difference.

I'm a bit cross with myself, because I thought I'd put on 9lb whilst my band was empty but the scales said 14lb today. It just goes to show how much I rely on this band, and now I've got yet another stone to lose :biggrin:

Hi Mags Good to meet you and your beautiful grand daughter

I was surprised when fred said that as well, didn't think it was that big. They said no grub for 2 days does that mean sun or mon?

Hi Good to meet you, I didn't get chance to say bye bye. sorry about that but it was getting a bit crowded in there. Fred said my band was 15ml and that he put 3ml in it although i don't feel any difference and no restriction. I had a sandwich today for lunch and am having fish pie for tea. I thought I would have no apitite but I do. I have felt like a "stich" type cramp feeling a couple of inches below my port I hope it isn't a problem.

Well done on your weight loss already I didn't know you had lost 10stone how amazing are you and you looked great. I will be booking in for my next fill next month hope that makes a difference.:biggrin: B

Hi all thanks for your kind words appreciated.Well done on your weight loss home care your nearly there and happy belated birthday.

I didn't relay Celebrate jojo but went out for dinner for my sons birthday the next day and had about four mouthfulls and had to go and bring it back up as i ate to fast which i seem to do when i eat out.

Good for you flirty its hard trying to get back on track im sure you will do it .It not as much of a rush for me now to get it off but if a few lb keep coming off per month and i dont put any on i will be happy.

How much more did you get put in garry at your fill?Is your restriction like it was before in oct?

Just skipped through the posts sorry if i have missed any.

Edited by bobobaldy

I suppose I am worried I won't be able to get myself back in gear. I was so chuffed loosing the 14lbs but haven't lost anymore in fact have put some back on shifted it back off and then again a couple back on. Worried that it's the here we go again with the yoyo. B

Hi Baarbs,

try not to worry and focus on it too much, this is a long journey, I lost a good amount initially and then began to put back on even before I got to the 1st fill. I have actually joined slimming world as I realised I was already falling into the trap of eating easy soft foods which were not always that healthy (ice-cream, chocolate, etc). I realised I needed boundaries of what to eat and since then I am back on track with regular weekly losses.

I am planning on this all taking at least 1 year and figure by next Christmas that all will be well.

Try not to worry, best wishes

MiaBlue

Hi to all,

Lovely to see Freckles back on the forum, hope you are well. xx

Had my stitch out on Friday, it virtually popped out by it's self. The nurse just trimmed some of the edges of the dissolvables ones and the longest one just popped out on it's own the other night.

Had heartburn today after eating some scrambled egg on melba toast (the round ones) I was sick not long afterwards. The heartburn stopped after this, thank god. I'm not sure wether it was because I ate to fast or wether I hadn't chewed it small enough. Know now what people mean about learning what to eat and what not to eat. Get fed up with liquids all the time, need to chew something.

Haven't lost anything since last Tuesday. Disappointed, but that's me down to a tea, want everything to happen over night. I'm following a weight watchers point system, to check I'm not eating to much.

Have decided to have my fill on the 8th of April in Manchester, think the 11th of March is to soon. Hope I've made the right discision. Jeanie xxxx :biggrin:

Hi Tamisu, great to hear from you again, I did'nt know Dr Chris did gallbladder ops, I would be interested in your story.