Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi baarbs

I would love to say to you that itl make a difference but it wont, however your on the rod, enjoy for the now being ble to hve a wee bit of what you like as once you reach tight restriction you wont be able too.

gx

I suppose I am worried I won't be able to get myself back in gear. I was so chuffed loosing the 14lbs but haven't lost anymore in fact have put some back on shifted it back off and then again a couple back on. Worried that it's the here we go again with the yoyo. B

Hi, I'm in for 12.00 as well in Newport, dont know how we got the same time, but I'll be the one carrying the baby (granddaughter), Baarb and cankster if you see me make your self known.

Hope your new fill works well for you Gary.

Hi, I'm in for 12.00 as well in Newport, dont know how we got the same time, but I'll be the one carrying the baby (granddaughter), Baarb and cankster if you see me make your self known.

Hope your new fill works well for you Gary.

Hope to see you guys but I'm in for 11.10 and I think they only keep you there for 30mins but I will look out for you both

Will fo I will be the one in the red checked shirt. been nearly 4 weeks so checked with fred it was ok before booking. Don't want to wait till end of march when he's next in town so earlier seemed best. Have lost about 17 lbs since op but have little rstriction so need this before the porking kick in. See u all tomorrow. If anyone is coming from bristol there welcome to a lift.

Well done everyone on your great weight loss.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Gary, I know your from Glasgow and just wondered where you go for your fills? I know Dr Chris does a clinic in Edinburgh once a month on a Thursday. Is it ok to go there for your first fill or are you better to go back over to Brussels. Not even been banded yet.....just over two weeks to go....but trying to take my mind off the tub of pringle in the kitchen. Not doing very well at the moment hahaha.

Also, bit of a daft question but, how long roughly does it take to reach your full restriction? I've already got my eye on some nice new clothes an cant wait to get rid of the baggy tops.

Thanks again

2plus

Well done everyone on your great weight loss.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Gary, I know your from Glasgow and just wondered where you go for your fills? I know Dr Chris does a clinic in Edinburgh once a month on a Thursday. Is it ok to go there for your first fill or are you better to go back over to Brussels. Not even been banded yet.....just over two weeks to go....but trying to take my mind off the tub of pringle in the kitchen. Not doing very well at the moment hahaha.

Also, bit of a daft question but, how long roughly does it take to reach your full restriction? I've already got my eye on some nice new clothes an cant wait to get rid of the baggy tops.

Thanks again

2plus

hiya

no, no need to go to belgium for your fill, the dr himself does a clinic around the 2nd last thursdy of the month, he was there today and i seen him, his sidekick chris deprez does a glasgow clinic on the middle fri of month around the 19th> i know from my situation i go to see dr chris himself as i had a problem with my port and was difficult to locate and dr chris always found it ok, chris deprez is also very capable.

On the restriciton front everyone is different, i am not sure if your male or female as guys bands are bigger and take more to fill, i would guess 4 to 6 fills to get to the sweetspot, u will feel a lesser restriction from about ur 3rd fill, dont quote me on this as everyone is different. The good thing is when you get to the sweetspot you will need less regular fills, for example i got a fill in oct and never needed nother till today (4 months)

regards

g

Hi Garry, I am female so hopefully a smaller band and restriction reached sooner.

The Glasgow one sound ideal. Do you know where abouts its held?

Oh well, here was me thinking I could get another few days away. Will just have to go shopping in city centre instead.

Good luck with your weightloss. I hope to be following you soon. Not doing very well so far.

Thanks again

Hi Garry, I am female so hopefully a smaller band and restriction reached sooner.

The Glasgow one sound ideal. Do you know where abouts its held?

Oh well, here was me thinking I could get another few days away. Will just have to go shopping in city centre instead.

Good luck with your weightloss. I hope to be following you soon. Not doing very well so far.

Thanks again

Hi dont mean to butt in to your conversation but I am also from Glasgow and there are a couple of choices you can make. Either stick with Dr Chris or WLS come to Glasgow once a month and are based up at Glasgow Green. They are doing a 6month package up until the end of Feb, where you can pre book it i.e £30 deposit then pay the rest when you start your fills. At the moment the special offer is £275 but normally its £350. Wendy is the bariatric nurse with years of experience and I find her brilliant also you have the added bonus that she is based in England so if you have any concerns she has a 24hour emergency line and you can contact her any time. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any more info. Jx:ohmy:

Hi Splatt

See the quote from Singing Parrot on Page 447 I think - some great information there on the after-op diet foods and also suggestions on what to take with you on the trip.

Have you started the pre-op diet yet?

Hi Scooby, thanks for that, just printed the info off. Pre-op diet, not yet, will start again 1st March - Monday.

Dear all,

I am posting this note as there maybe someone is the same situation as me looking on sites for advice and wanted to know what the outcome was.

I was banded in sept 2009 and had two fills, when I went to have my 3rd fill the doctor said my port was twisted. This was re-checked by doctor chris and he confirmed the port had come away from the inside of my stomach. It seemed like my stiches had come loose and so the port was facing the other way.

I am now due to go back to Belgium for a small operation to correct this problem. They say that I should be in and out the same day.

If anyone is concerned about having a lapband, I will have to say that I have no regrets even though I am having to go through this 2nd operation and I am advised that this only happens to a small percentage of patients and I just feel that I am unlucky.

Dear all,

I am posting this note as there maybe someone is the same situation as me looking on sites for advice and wanted to know what the outcome was.

I was banded in sept 2009 and had two fills, when I went to have my 3rd fill the doctor said my port was twisted. This was re-checked by doctor chris and he confirmed the port had come away from the inside of my stomach. It seemed like my stiches had come loose and so the port was facing the other way.

I am now due to go back to Belgium for a small operation to correct this problem. They say that I should be in and out the same day.

If anyone is concerned about having a LAP-BAND®, I will have to say that I have no regrets even though I am having to go through this 2nd operation and I am advised that this only happens to a small percentage of patients and I just feel that I am unlucky.

hopikat

if its any help i had to go bck for a 2nd op as my tubing was leking nd they managed to reopen just the port scar so it was not too big deal, i got let bck out the same day also and was no where near as sore as the op, very minor.

I hope you will be just the same.

Regards

Dear all,

If anyone is concerned about having a LAP-BAND®, I will have to say that I have no regrets even though I am having to go through this 2nd operation and I am advised that this only happens to a small percentage of patients and I just feel that I am unlucky.

Hi Hopkicat,

sorry to hear about your problem with your port. How do you think it happened? Where you lifting thing. Hope that doesn't mean that you have to fund another operation or will they cover it? Whether it happens often or not, I think it should still be covered by them. Just when you think you have covered everything and then this. Never mind, I am sure it will be sorted out soon for you and you can continue with your successful weight loss.

Best of luck

2plus:thumbup:

Well the fill went well got 6mls in my 20ml band. The Protein Shakes are definately gurgling down slower. Also got told by fred that the lump under my port was a bleed. He reckons its not a problem and will disperse of its own accord over the next few months. Fortunately it did not effect his ability to find port (although he thought it would). Very painless and simple.

Well the fill went well got 6mls in my 20ml band. The Protein Shakes are definately gurgling down slower. Also got told by fred that the lump under my port was a bleed. He reckons its not a problem and will disperse of its own accord over the next few months. Fortunately it did not effect his ability to find port (although he thought it would). Very painless and simple.

Great to meet Cankster, Baarb, Janey and Juliep today at Newport fill, Fred was there this time instead of Chris Deprez, who was assisting CDB in Belgium.

Fred put my band back up to 5.9ml (6ml too tight) so hopefully will restart my weightloss. It feels very tight and the dreaded hiccups have returned (last time they lasted 9 days). But I'm hoping to get a few months of steady weightloss now. Fred did say that he expected the reflux to return but I should be ok for approx 6 months and if/when the reflux comes I must get an immediate defill. I'll have to be really good now to get to target within 6 months.

Cankster, am I right in understanding that you lost 10stone before you had the band fitted, I think thats what you said but its only now its sinking in.