Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Garry, that's such a relief. Jumping around and doing sit-ups?? Are you having a laugh?? LOL. Thanks for your support and concern hun, it was just what I needed. :biggrin:

nae probs

did u know u were a year to the day for ur op with mmm and myself, we were the friday.

gx

nae probs

did u know u were a year to the day for ur op with mmm and myself, we were the friday.

gx

I noticed that yeah, lol. We should have a combined 1 year and 2 year bandiversary! I can buy myself a little black dress especially for the occasion (can't wait).

I noticed that yeah, lol. We should have a combined 1 year and 2 year bandiversary! I can buy myself a little black dress especially for the occasion (can't wait).

ul do it no probs.

gx

Thanks JoJo, that sounds like the best way to go about the diet. Not due to be banded until March. Wish I ask for it sooner. Feels like a life time away. Will just need to try and pacify myself till then.

Thanks again

I've got a question for anyone, when I'm getting up or sitting down I'm still in a bit of pain but I expected that. I'm starting to worry a bit though because I keep getting a "popping" sensation along with the pain, around the area where the port must be (not sure which bandage is over the port and which is over the main scar where the band was inserted). I'm panicking that something has come loose, and I feel like something isn't secure, like I have to hold my hand over my bandages if I need to cough etc. I sneezed earlier and it was agony. Is this normal?

Hi JOJO, quite a few have had a similar problem, Gillian suggested bridget jones type knickers with support stretch which helps to hold everything firmly inplace, It might help, hope it eases soon. :biggrin:

Hi JOJO, quite a few have had a similar problem, Gillian suggested bridget jones type knickers with support stretch which helps to hold everything firmly inplace, It might help, hope it eases soon. :biggrin:

Gawd, they'd have to be HUUUGE to come up over my bandages!!! Lol, I might see if I can find some though, good idea, thank you.

2plus4, I know how you feel, I only had to wait 2 weeks from booking it to going, but it dragged by. Try to keep yourself busy... maybe even take some exercise to pass the time, because believe me, you'll wish to hell you could move freely and walk upright in the week after the op. Plus, it certainly won't hurt your fitness levels for the op.

Gawd, they'd have to be HUUUGE to come up over my bandages!!! Lol, I might see if I can find some though, good idea, thank you.

2plus4, I know how you feel, I only had to wait 2 weeks from booking it to going, but it dragged by. Try to keep yourself busy... maybe even take some exercise to pass the time, because believe me, you'll wish to hell you could move freely and walk upright in the week after the op. Plus, it certainly won't hurt your fitness levels for the op.

Exercise is a bad word to me at the moment. I'd love to go to a gym, but all I would be thinking about would be people saying 'look at the size of her'.

Never mind. this time next year I'll be sporting my Olivia Newton John leotard to the gym. Shows you how long its been since I was last there, they where wearing sweat bands and big hair.:biggrin:

wondering why being thin does not fix everything and why relationships are so difficult!

Can't get this ticker factory to load properly, if this doesn't work can someone post me up a guide as must be doing something wrong.

Jeaniejinx

Can't get this ticker factory to load properly, if this doesn't work can someone post me up a guide as must be doing something wrong.

Jeaniejinx

At last it worked:thumbup:, tired and going to bed now !

Hi, just another thought. I have arranged for 1 week off work after getting the band. Given the amount of wind and pain do you think this is long enough? Everyone is different certainly, but going on your own experiences if you could give me an idea. Thanks

Exercise is a bad word to me at the moment. I'd love to go to a gym, but all I would be thinking about would be people saying 'look at the size of her'.

Never mind. this time next year I'll be sporting my Olivia Newton John leotard to the gym. Shows you how long its been since I was last there, they where wearing sweat bands and big hair.:biggrin:

I know how you feel, as do probably all the people who use this site!! I didn't necessarily mean go to the gym though, a good walk is one of the best forms of exercise. Leotards, I'm laughing at the thought of myself in one!! With regards going back to work, I was banded on friday and am due back at work tomorrow. I could have maybe done with another day or two, but I'm sure I'll cope. I only sit at a desk all day.

Carrie, sounds like you need a hug hun :thumbup: I personally have forgotten what relationships are if that's any help (12 years of singledom) and I'm not expecting being slim to change that. Just think how much better other aspects of your life are without carrying around all that extra weight. x

Jean, WOW well done!!! 16lb!! Hope you feel better.

Thanks again MiaBlue for your reply.I was really set on having this done, then once I have it booked all the doubts start.

I have another thing I hope you could all advice me on. I need to start on my pre-op diet. I know its got to be low fat, but could you give me some ideas at to what you all ate.

Well done to JeanieJinx an JoJo :(. Looking forward to your updates

Hi 2plus4, I just followed a low fat and as low a carb diet as I could bear, like a slimming world on a meat day kind of diet. To be fair, I was not that strict and only lost a couple of pounds, which was naughty on my part. I believe that you have to follow this diet in order to lose some of the fat that sits around your liver, making it easier for the surgeon when attaching the band. In the notes I was given to hand in to my GP on my return, it did say that I had a very fatty liver. Hope that helps best wishes MiaBlue

I wanted to ask you all, what friends reactions were to you when you told them about having the band fitted. I have only told family and a few very close friends and am apprehensive about telling too many people in these early days. (Even some family were very against it and tried to dissuade me from getting it done) I am sure once I am near target that I will want to shout it from the rooftops but wondered what reactions you had from others.

best wishes MiaBlue

wondering why being thin does not fix everything and why relationships are so difficult!

We are all so complex and have our own baggage dont we. Keep smiling and hope it sorts itself out best wishes MiaBlue