Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Congratulations to Sian, incidentally was it a boy or girl. jx:thumbup:

ITS A GIRL, and we're thrilled to bits

Hi Debs, eekkkkkkk paying all that money for your follow up i hadnt even thought that way, i was just intending to pay for the fills as and when i needed them so you have given me food for thought. we are due to see fredrick in two weeks for the first fill.

i am having some problems with some foods i cant seem to get them down and last night i had to sit for two and ahalf hours brining up this saliva and mucus yuk but tonight my tea went down ok.

i dont find i feel that hungry so i wonder what it will feel like again when we get the fill i am eating less than a quarter of what i could eat but i suppose that is ok.

i am going to start on the running machine and some light cardiovascular my wounds are still healing although Su's are almost healed, bought some bio oil but it said not to use it on open wounds mine are just begining to scab over so i will wait anohter week and try then.

you are doing so well with your weight loss i have lost about a stone, so i am wondering what the weight loss will be like by xmas what kind of foods are you eating ? i had a cheat and had some hagen dahz ice cream and some chocolate :thumbup::thumbdown:naughty i know but it went down so easily hahaha god i will never get slim at this rate lol.:crying:

take care debs and hope to hear from you again let me know how you get on at the consultation and i willl keep you posted on mine .

Angel xxx

Hi Angel

Allergies all sorted. Had to go to a private bleeding GP to get an injection, but it'll last a year.

I've booked a fill with Wendy at WLS and I'm gonna go for the 12 month package which give lots of advice with nurses, dieticians and as many fills as you need that year. £699. I was gonna just pay for the fills as I need them but I though after spending all that money on the op another 700 is my little insurance policy to make sure I stay on track.

I'm gonna go back to the gym next week. I've a little exercise strider thing in my bedroom (otherwise known as the clothes horse) which I will wipe the dust off an use as well.

Also, I've been using bio oil on my scars and they are really healing up nicely. Nurse at GP said any oil will do.

Speak soon

Debd

GOOD NEWS

Sians baby was born yesterday weight 7lb 6oz all is well with mum and baby, and no problems with her having a band, so all pregnant bandsters take heart

Congratulations!!!:thumbup:

Is anyone getting banded at the end of Nov?

Hi Jersey

If there is no one from this thread who will be banded at the same time as you there will be a thread for people in general who will be banded at the same time as you. You should be able to find it on the home page. x

Hi Jersey

If there is no one from this thread who will be banded at the same time as you there will be a thread for people in general who will be banded at the same time as you. You should be able to find it on the home page. x

Hi Carriejess,

Thanks for that, have had a look but not found.... such is life!! Was wondering are there any food you can't eat after the band? x

Hi guy,s haven't been on for a while not much to report only that i went to Wendy couples of weeks ago in Swords Dublin she was very nice up to this i have been to Frederick for my fills i had 4 fills with him my band holds 7 to 9 mils i was up to 6 & half mils with him didn't have much restriction thought i needed some more advice so made an appointment with Wendy, she drew Fluid out and measured it to show me how much i had in my band surprisingly it was only 5mils she explained sometimes it can ivaporates a little she then put in half a mil which brought me up to 5 & half what a difference half a mil makes i have good restriction not to tight but enough to control me very tight in the morning loosens off a little as day goes by very happy with weight loss so far all tho im only having around 1000 cals weight has come to a stand still i have 2 & a half stone still to lose very frustrating when you and band are working well together with good restriction and small portions, just wondering any out there with last couple of stone experiencing this i have heard that your body comes to a plato just wish the scales would start moving again

Hi Carriejess,

Thanks for that, have had a look but not found.... such is life!! Was wondering are there any food you can't eat after the band? x

Try this http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/any-november-2009-bandsters-102014/

There is not anything i cant eat. Theres lots of things that i find difficult to eat. Mainly meat such as chicken and steak etc i can eat them but i really have to concentrate and eat very slowly. There are also things that i cannot eat alot of because its just fills me up too quickly like bread, rice and Pasta. I do not rule out any foods and try to eat as normally as possible. The band is a funny thing like i can only eat a very small portion of a roast dinner before i get uncomfortable but i can quite easily leave it for 15 mins and eat a whole portion of cake with cream. Its mainly about the consistency of the food you eat. Anything that you can eat alot of but is not that great for you like Desserts and wotsits and things that melt in the mouth or a quite liquidy are called slider foods. Its inportant that after you have finished your liquids and mushy foods you do try to eat more solid stuff like Proteins etc its harder but you eat less and its better for you!

Hi guy,s haven't been on for a while not much to report only that i went to Wendy couples of weeks ago in Swords Dublin she was very nice up to this i have been to Frederick for my fills i had 4 fills with him my band holds 7 to 9 mils i was up to 6 & half mils with him didn't have much restriction thought i needed some more advice so made an appointment with Wendy, she drew Fluid out and measured it to show me how much i had in my band surprisingly it was only 5mils she explained sometimes it can ivaporates a little she then put in half a mil which brought me up to 5 & half what a difference half a mil makes i have good restriction not to tight but enough to control me very tight in the morning loosens off a little as day goes by very happy with weight loss so far all tho im only having around 1000 cals weight has come to a stand still i have 2 & a half stone still to lose very frustrating when you and band are working well together with good restriction and small portions, just wondering any out there with last couple of stone experiencing this i have heard that your body comes to a plato just wish the scales would start moving again

I stopped losing on the last few stone a couple of times, very frustrating when you are not doing anything wrong! Either try upping your calories slightly to 1200 or so as you may be in starvation mode or try 5 days or so of liquids only. You need to do something to make your body wake up slightly. After that sometimes changing the amount of calories you have each day can keep your body out of starvation mode so 800 one day and then 1200, 1500 etc that normally works. Even if none of this works eventually you will come out of it. I stayed at 10 stone 7 for ages stopped weighing myself and two weeks later i had lost 7 pounds without even noticing!

Hope this helps!

Hi all

I am due to be banded on the 17th and was wondering, are we asked to do a pre-op diet, I have sent an e-mail to Belgium asking this but have not heard back yet? Just wondered if you all were asked/advised to do this.

best wishes

MiaBlue:smile2:

Hi mia yes every one has to do a low fat diet two weeks before there op as this helps shrink the liver.It is beneficial to your self to do this as it makes it easier for the dr to do the op when your liver is smaller.

GOOD NEWS

Sians baby was born yesterday weight 7lb 6oz all is well with mum and baby, and no problems with her having a band, so all pregnant bandsters take heart

thats fantastic news mags give her my love.

xxx

I stopped losing on the last few stone a couple of times, very frustrating when you are not doing anything wrong! Either try upping your calories slightly to 1200 or so as you may be in starvation mode or try 5 days or so of liquids only. You need to do something to make your body wake up slightly. After that sometimes changing the amount of calories you have each day can keep your body out of starvation mode so 800 one day and then 1200, 1500 etc that normally works. Even if none of this works eventually you will come out of it. I stayed at 10 stone 7 for ages stopped weighing myself and two weeks later i had lost 7 pounds without even noticing!

Hope this helps!

Hi Carriejess, thanks for that,i am guilty of weighing myself ever day getting a bit obsessed with it,im starting to have the odd biscuit as well but still dont go over 1000 cals think i need to eat more veg and fruit, Wendy said to cut out all carbs find that very hard suffer with low blood pressure if i dont eat a little carb i feel a bit weak,i think your right about the starvation mode im so afraid of putting weight back on i stick to 1000 cals i try up the cals see what happens, you must feel fantastic you've reached your goal well done how long did it take you ,how are you maintaining your weight :(

Hi to everyone hav'nt been on for a while great to see all the newbies well done and the oldies are doing well, will have to catch up good luck to everyone:wub:

Hope this helps!

Your new piccy is fab Carrie jess you look stunning. Jx

Hi Carriejess, thanks for that,i am guilty of weighing myself ever day getting a bit obsessed with it,im starting to have the odd biscuit as well but still dont go over 1000 cals think i need to eat more veg and fruit, Wendy said to cut out all carbs find that very hard suffer with low blood pressure if i dont eat a little carb i feel a bit weak,i think your right about the starvation mode im so afraid of putting weight back on i stick to 1000 cals i try up the cals see what happens, you must feel fantastic you've reached your goal well done how long did it take you ,how are you maintaining your weight :thumbup:

Hi to everyone hav'nt been on for a while great to see all the newbies well done and the oldies are doing well, will have to catch up good luck to everyone:wub:

Hi

I do feel pretty damn good thanks! Im finding it very easy to maintain at the mo im not doing anything differently. I still want to lose 12 pounds though but i am not really putting in the neccessary work to achieve it. I am relatively happy with myself so im trying not to put too much pressure on myself to lose. I reached goal in 10 months.

xx