Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Sue, Sheila here. Just new to this site, and struggling to navigate through it. How are you?

Welcome Sheila! Well done for finding us! Glad you're doing well, except for the sneeze! It prob did no major damage and the pain will go off as the swelling subsides again. I have sneezed quite a lot, as well as hiccuping for hours on end. If I feel a cough or sneeze coming on, I hold my hand firmly against my tummy - it seems to help.

Bev, sorry you're still sore. I guess we all heal at different rates, just keep up the Protein and vits as that's what you need to heal well. How was the spa weekend (nudge nudge, wink wink!!) :smile2:

My narrowboat trip went well, except that elder daughter turned up home from France the day before and announced she was coming too! That was that cat out of the bag! Actually, I said I'd had an op and lifted my shirt to show her, she said "Oh, you had a gastric band fitted?" and that was that. No-one else knows and work and my dreaded sister have no idea, thank goodness.

I sang a three hour gig last night and all my muscles ache from being used so much. Good exercise for them I suppose. One stone down so far, and no real hunger, just a very noisy belly! Fun this adventure isn't it!! Keep up the good work all :smile2:

im trying to get that thing on the bottom to say when i had my band fitted and weight loss etc can anyone help with it? i set it up but when i get to the end there is no save button or next once its done so everytime i come out and wright something new it never shows x please help lol x

Hi Tanyac, if you look all the way back to page 9 of the forum, English Rose gave really clear instructions on tickers. I find it encouraging to see how the weight loss is going coz if it's only the odd 1/4 or 1/2 pound it seems so slow, but cumulatively on the tick is so pleasing! (The most important bit is to copy and paste in the ticker bit to your footer or signature)

Hope that helps

SP

Hi Karen and Debbie. I hope your shoulder pain passes soon Debbie and I hope your mother is doing well. Karen, I am in Potton now but, returning to US tomorrow.

The concert was magical. I was still sore a bit but not too bad. I've been drinking my liquids and today was able to eat a whole bowl of french onion broth. Yumm.

My biggest problem has been knowing when/what to have. I've figured out drinking a ton of Water fills me up so I do make sure to do the Protein Shakes and the broth. I'm just now getting a little volume as my capacity has seemed to increase.

The BEST news was when the barium cocktail finally wore off. Phew!

I wish you both the best and look forward to keeping up with you both. Take care. Kim

Hello all, I am getting banded tomorrow and am so excited!!! I am in my hotel room at the mo!! Can I have a big juicy steak tonight as a last supper haha? xx

Do you mean a ticker for your weight progress or just to have the date of your op?

If its the latter you need to just add the text to where it says EDIT signature in the User CP (control Panel) top right.

Just write what you want in the box that shows and then hit 'save signature'

Hope that helps.

If its the ticker you want go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... its pretty much self-explanatory.

Good luck Tanyac

Hey everyone, hope you're all fit and well. Good to hear from ya Sue (Singing Parrot). Have the hiccups subsided? As for the nudge nudge wink wink weekend....you cheeky woman, what kind of girl do you think i am! lol. Well given it was 3 days post-op i wasn't really capable of anything other than lying in bed (and having my feet massaged) ;o). Actually it was really funny cos my tum was so swollen my friend laughed when the hotel receptionist looked at my torso and said aaaahhhhh - obviously thinking i was pregnant! Well the swelling's going down but i can really see / feel the port. Is everyone else like this?

The weight's coming off nicely and im really pleased with how the op has changed my attitude towards food. Actually having a meal is quite a bind now rather than something i do without really thinking and end up shoving three times as much in there than i really need!

Think i need to sort out a fill - 6 weeks i seem to recall is about right for the first one, is that right?

I'm about to start wii-fitting with my boys again now that im pretty much healed. I've never been a gym go-er and not about to start now :smile2:)

Hi freckles hope your mum is well and has settled in ok, i dont really get much time to come on here but i do still pop in to see how everyone is getting on, your all doing really well x

Hello all, I am getting banded tomorrow and am so excited!!! I am in my hotel room at the mo!! Can I have a big juicy steak tonight as a last supper haha? xx

Goodluck for your op tomorrow, im sure you wont be needing it tho :smile2:

Hey everyone, hope you're all fit and well. Good to hear from ya Sue (Singing Parrot). Have the hiccups subsided? As for the nudge nudge wink wink weekend....you cheeky woman, what kind of girl do you think i am! lol. Well given it was 3 days post-op i wasn't really capable of anything other than lying in bed (and having my feet massaged) ;o). Actually it was really funny cos my tum was so swollen my friend laughed when the hotel receptionist looked at my torso and said aaaahhhhh - obviously thinking i was pregnant! Well the swelling's going down but i can really see / feel the port. Is everyone else like this?

The weight's coming off nicely and im really pleased with how the op has changed my attitude towards food. Actually having a meal is quite a bind now rather than something i do without really thinking and end up shoving three times as much in there than i really need!

Think i need to sort out a fill - 6 weeks i seem to recall is about right for the first one, is that right?

I'm about to start wii-fitting with my boys again now that im pretty much healed. I've never been a gym go-er and not about to start now :tongue2:)

Hi Bev, Sheila et al! Your weight loss is fantastic, well done! I too find mealtimes a bit of a bind. What I seem to crave is flavour not volume. I can have a small amount, then give the rest to the hens - they're loving it!

The hiccups are not constant any more, but come back all too quickly if I swallow any lumps, chasing things through with some Water seems to help.

Not sure that I'm very swollen, just fat I think! I can feel my port, but it's not very obvious and doesn't interfere with my sleeping postion. I do have a pea sized hard lump in the lower central scar. I've started massaging it with bio oil to try to disperse whatever it is.

I'm not a gym goer either but am now back to walking the mile and a half each way to and from work each day - lovely whilst the sun's shining and good for my pocket too!

I have a fill booked with Wendy at WLS in London for Saturday 17th October, not too long now and I'm excited to get really started and properly monitored. My GP has been great and wants to see me every few weeks for monitoring too, and has even asked if I'll chat to other prospective patients.

Almost ready to go back down a jean size, currently holding these up with a belt, but a little uncomfotable when leaning forward over my desk or curled up on the sofa. Maybe next week. Great isn't it!

Freckles, I'm so pleased that after all those dark days your mum is home and you've got someone coming in to help. We had that with M-i-L's mother who was at home on her own until we lost her aged 107! Family called in every day, but we had carers got her up, washed and dressed, then settled her again at night. It all worked very well. What will happen whist you're off on your fantastic holiday?

Take care all

SP

Hi Wishful, nice to see you chick, thanx for the good wishes xxx How's your daughter, and also hows your weightloss going?

Parrot, thanx for your kind wishes also,Mum will be going back into the carehome that she likes whilst we are away. I know it will be a long time for her, but she does like all the staff and this time she can walk around a bit, so not confined to her room like last time.

Whoop Whoop, post holiday weight gain has now gone and its back to tackling the last stone or two. I'm hoping to lose 1 stone by christmas.

Freckles, I'm so pleased that your mum is getting stonger, it'll be a weight off your mind when you are on your holls.

Love mmm

Hi Wishful, nice to see you chick, thanx for the good wishes xxx How's your daughter, and also hows your weightloss going?

Parrot, thanx for your kind wishes also,Mum will be going back into the carehome that she likes whilst we are away. I know it will be a long time for her, but she does like all the staff and this time she can walk around a bit, so not confined to her room like last time.

Hi freckles my daughter is doing really well, thanku. she is blooming now lol, she is carrying really well and hasn't suffered with anything (yet). My weight loss is crap again so i will defo be going for another fill, i can eat loads and often if i want and i just cant seem to get my head around it and i know thats half the battle :( xx

Hi Tanyac, if you look all the way back to page 9 of the forum, English Rose gave really clear instructions on tickers. I find it encouraging to see how the weight loss is going coz if it's only the odd 1/4 or 1/2 pound it seems so slow, but cumulatively on the tick is so pleasing! (The most important bit is to copy and paste in the ticker bit to your footer or signature)

Hope that helps

SP

Thanks guys didnt realise it was as simple as copy and paste thought you have to save it so it updated every time you amended it over thinking somethin simple haha.:(

well went for another fill today so got 5.75 in now and hopefully this will get it moving a little quicker.

when ppl have a fill does anyone ever get that trapped wind feeling in the shoulder or is it just me???? its only been these last 2 fills not sure if something is wrong xx

Hi all, hope everyone is well. I have been doing a lot better in the last few days. I don't have that "I have been run over by a lorry" feeling anymore!!! I am also not on a tramadol high and have stopped taking painkillers. I still have my shoulder pain occassionally but not as severe, its quite funny really as when it does come now my shoulder actually swells up and its really noticeable. I went on the scales last night (Monday) and discovered I had lost a stone since op on Wednesday so over the moon!. Kim I hope your flight is good going home. Thank you fatpants and freckles for your advice. It is much appreciated coming on here and everyone being so friendly. Regarding Oz...well my hubby is Australian so planned to go to Oz for holiday and look for property as I have just qualified as a nurse and been fortunate enough to be offered a great position here and also in Brisbane. The Brisbane post commences in Feb and depending on my hubbys job circumstances we were going to move but will reconsider now. If we still go (depending on mums biopsy and Mri body scan results) we will be staying in Brisbane for about 4 weeks and 2 weeks in Coloundra - Sunshine Coast. I love Australia and evetually we will move but my life has been turned upside down. Every morning I wake and think instantly about my mum and I am finding it so hard to stay positive. Anyway enough....Karen how are you getting on?? Have you moved off Soup and out of your trackies?? Is John loving your musical wind? How far in advance do you need to book your fill. I will only be 3 weeks post op for my first fill..scary??

Take care everyone.

Debby x

I do have a pea sized hard lump in the lower central scar. I've started massaging it with bio oil to try to disperse whatever it is.

Ooooo just noticed Sue that ive got one of those little lumps too! Odd isnt it - wonder why its there?

Is Sheila on here too - the Sheila that had the op the same day as us?

Well done with the shrinking waistline chuck - what a fab feeling eh when the jeans are being held up by a tightened belt! Im not sure where i am with clothes sizing but the majority of my work suits were very tight on me before and now they fit fabulously - some even a tad loose!!!

Im starting to eat lots more now and im convinced that by eating more last week it boosted my metabolism from the week before when it seized up. I have noticed quantity increasing and so am gettin ready for that fill - i must call and make the appointment.

Take care eveyone and thatnks for all the support :(