Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi homecare! I have had had 4 fills now. 3ml then 1.6ml then 0.5ml then 0.5 mls

Just had some srambled egg and tinned tomatoes for lunch and must say i'm really full! i used to have porridge but wendy told me that if i eat carbs i will get hungrier quicker and my body will store what i don't use as fat! where as if i eat Protein i will stay satisfied for longer and whatever my body doesn't need it will get rid of instead of storing it!!!!

So I am just going to stick to fish and chicken and eggs and cheese and fruit and veg! i'm going to have some carbs but only twice a week!!!

Hopefully this will work!

Hey odge

I met your friend in the hotel this afternoon, she is gorgeous and her mum kindly gave me a bandage, she look fabulous and did not look like she was in much pain.

gx

Hi

In the Daily Mail today there's a report of a woman who had gb surgery, (she had major complications but has no regrets about getting band op) I really enjoy these real life experiences & before/after pics spotted it in work and couldn't wait to get out to buy paper forgetting u can of course get this online. It's pg 41/42 of the femail supplement

ps.I've just re-read this online there is a pic that wasn't in paper (sorry), some of the comments people have posted below article just show the ignorance re gb surg'.

Hi Anitahug - I have just looked at that article and enjoyed reading it but can't say the same for the comments posted below the piece, it has made my blood boil. Most are from the 'try eating less food and exercise more' brigade (cos we never thought of that did we?) but the one that incensed me most of all was Mrs A L Pearce (SIZE 8!!) from Herts who feels all overweight people just need to exercise self restraint and not burden the NHS! Not usually a violent person but could make an exception in her case! Expect she has the same view for drug users/smokers/alcoholics - must be great to be perfect up there on her pedestal eh? Bet she's great fun on a night out with her diet mineral water! Just read it everyone and tell me you don't feel the same!

Rant over, hope everyone is well and losing, Bigsis x

Edited by bigsister

Just got back from having my fill.. frederik put in 3/4ml so fingers crossed it will give my weight loss the kick start it needs, i was talking to a lady there who had lost 11 stone in 2yrs and she looked amazing, no loose skin from what you could see.

Gary, frederik was telling me about your leak and your repair, he spoke highly of you.. hope your doing ok x

wishfull thanks for that i really cant fault the guys at all its a real comfort that that is how they dealt with a problem, i hope your fill was a good one, i cant wait to get back to restriction.

gx

Hi Garry,

So glad to hear that you had the easier route rather than the full fix. It was great to hear you back on the forum and sounding so confident.

Westie x

Hi

In the Daily Mail today there's a report of a woman who had gb surgery, (she had major complications but has no regrets about getting band op) I really enjoy these real life experiences & before/after pics spotted it in work and couldn't wait to get out to buy paper forgetting u can of course get this online. It's pg 41/42 of the femail supplement

ps.I've just re-read this online there is a pic that wasn't in paper (sorry), some of the comments people have posted below article just show the ignorance re gb surg'.

anita

i wish i had not read thos comments fu**in cheeky b**tards they have made my blood boil.:drool::cursing::blink::cursing:

gx

Maggs that is sooo expensive, if anyone is near the Spire Southampton, Michael Van den Bossche does the fills for £90, he was my surgeon and is lovely.

You can also get a fill done under X-ray at the Manchester x-ray for £150.

I know, but the convenience of every sat morning is good. Chris Deprez charges £80 in Newport but that is only once a month on last Fri of the month..

I've transfered over to WLS group which is in Cardiff next Monday, again its on a school, or work day so a bit of a pain for those who work full time. I suppose you pay for the privelige of weekend fills.

Garry, great to see you back and fantastic that you didnt have to go through the whole procedure again, although I was glad I had it done, could have done without the first few days of discomfort though. But it's been well worth it, I have lost 30lbs since before i had the new band.

Dr Chris and co are really worth their weight in gold, I'm so glad you were treated so well.

Shell nice to see you too hunny.

Maggs, thats a good price of £80.

I dont think I'm gonna need another fill for some time, I told you the night of the wedding I vomited for England just because I ate a little too many party things and drank too much, though it was spread over the whole day and evening.

I still struggle with drinks, so I must be full as a boot!!

Wishful, hi chick, not 'seen' you in a while, hope you're doing good.

And to all the girlies/guys on here good luck with the weight loss.

i wish i had not read thos comments fu**in cheeky b**tards they have made my blood boil.:drool::cursing::blink::cursing:

gx]

Hi Gary,

good to hear things went well, hope you continue to make good recovery. It was good they put 7ml back in at the same time I thought u may have to go through a small fill at a time and wait a few weeks.

Hope those comments about news article didn't raise ur BP too much!!

It makes me cross when people spout on about gb surg' when they know very little about it. I tried to post a comment but it couldn't validate my email. Personally I think they censored my comment :tt2:

Hi Gary, I'm so pleased its all over for you now and you have had a repair job done, did you find out if we can use the slendertone belts, I've still got a spare tyre but I'm no longer looking like the michalin man, so a bit of toning and a bit more weight off should do it. Love mmm

:unsure: Ok guys - ive messaged the online mail thing about the story mad me cross like most of you i guess.... waiting for it to be cleared.

Anyway, ahead of me going for my infill on saturday, thought i'd lie on the bed and have a feel..... ok freckles, nothing dirty i'm afraid....... to try and feel my port, OMG I cant find it! Do you think that Wendy at wls will be able to feel it? Bit worried about that.

Waffling now..... my mind wanders lol....... i just had a bit of chocolate and on a sugar rush!

:blush:I joined my husbands gym today, I was most disappointed, you have to climb up 2 flights of stairs, have a degree in computer technology to use the equipment and to realised that i need a smaller arse or i'll be wearing those bike/ rowing machine seats like a thong on a models backside! Plus one essential item missing...... i didnt see any Water machine nor oxygen machines! Oh well, tomorrow is the day for the grand induction followed by a swim.

:bored:That in itself is causing a few probs.. i havent lost enough weight to be able to have a natural view of my nether regions and i would hate to go swimming with some spiders legs hanging out of the cossy! So think of me in the morning contorting myself over a mirror, checking out my 2lb of liver and a bad wig whilst trying to hoist my skirt of fat over my shoulder and give myself a trim!!!!

Whilst im on the subject - the gym has a beautician there and i was ready the treatments you can have, 1/2 a leg wax, lip and chin wax, bikini line, a brazillian and OMG a hollywood!!! What the hell is a hollywood????:w00t::):biggrin::confused::w00t:

Must be an age thing

Sorry if your reading this over breakfast!

Lisa

:blink::tongue::tongue:Banded 7th July 2009 :sad::tongue::tongue:

Hi guys!

Well i spoke to my nurse today and she said 2 of my scars are over granulated which means the heal on the outside instead of the inside so they are bumpy!!!!:)

Also having real problems with my hair falling out it doesn't show but it just won't grow!!!! So i went to holland and barrett and bought some high strengh silica complex which should help!!!!!

Doctor also gave me some lactulose today so no more stool problems for me!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!

Jo x

Hi Jo m

My hair fell out to, but dont worry it will stop doing it!

Hello

Everyone, just back from holiday. Cant believe how many posts...dont think that i can read them all!

Garry i am so pleased about your band and i hope you feel fantastic again asap.

xx

hi everbody i had my band done by doc chris all went well had done on tues the 11 aug, arrived back today ice to be home, just got to wait to get better got very sore belly at moment and trapped wind quite bad in chest and shoulder, but glad ive done it, strange not feeling hungry thats a werid one lol cathy xxxx

hi homecare, yeh dunno what she was thinking re the pregnancy thing and dates so just have to hope it doesnt effect our fills?

well i have had homemade Soup got little bits of veg in it as i mashed them,also had a couple of yogurts,custard pots too over yesterday and today as im bloody starving.cant just live off liquids for three days no way....so im just making sure that the yogurts are quite runny same as custard adding a little milk to them.

have u tried the chopped tomatoes yet..i enjoy them too add a little bit of seasoning or curry powder to give them a bite!mmm

Hi TIN Im not too keen on tinned tomatoes so I havent tried them but I did have dutch crispbread with jam as they gave us that in the hopital and they told me it just dissolves like liquid so Im having that for my Breakfast this morning. I wish I did like the tomatoes but I have a slight allergy to them. Jx:blushing:

hi homecare, pity as they go fill you up too and a change from bloody soup!:confused:

great minds and all that had dutch crispbreads today for my tea with laughing cow extra light cheese on them,good to have something to crunch again!:)

never mind onto mushies/soft foods tomorrow for next three days!

TIN

p.s did you get booked in ok for glasgow?

hi everbody i had my band done by doc chris all went well had done on tues the 11 aug, arrived back today ice to be home, just got to wait to get better got very sore belly at moment and trapped wind quite bad in chest and shoulder, but glad ive done it, strange not feeling hungry thats a werid one lol cathy xxxx

hi ivesy, glad you got home safely sorry i missed you as i am still in hotel we just have passed in the corridor, you will be back to normal in no time.

gx