Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi T - I changed my dressings on the 6th day after surgery. I used some dressings from Lloyds chemists called 'Opsite'. They come in boxes of 5 (very handy) and I think they cost about £2.80. They are very like the ones they use in the hospital only slightly smaller, so on the larger scar, you may have to use one widthways. They have the pad in the middle and a waterproof film border which is fine in the shower. But once you have your blue stitch out (think Tamisu having hers out tomorrow?) you will be able to go in a lovely bath - it will be as delicious as chocolate the first time you have a gorgeous soak! Enjoy, bigsister x

Thanks for that bigsister. I wasn't sure when to do it, but I might wait until tomorrow now and go to Lloyds chemists to get some of the dressings you mentioned first. If Tamisu is going to have her blue stitch out tomorrow I guess it will be my turn on Friday - so not too long to wait, hurray:thumbup: T x

Thanks TC and Tamisu for the happy birthday wishes! Not much chance of any cake left when littlesister gillian will have got her hands on it first (band or not) - shortly after eating all the sandwiches, crisps, jelly etc! Her party bag always has to be the biggest as well.....Another thing I have to tell you about her is that at Xmas when she was young, she always bought sweets for the family's presents and if they did or said anything wrong to her, she would go and unwrap and eat their present! Yes, little sister, I will tell all your secrets on this forum....

right, thats it!!..i have wrapped you a lovely big box of thorntons continentals up....but im going to sit here and eat them all with a cup of tea now!...oh no, i cant can i?..ill feed them to the dogs then!.,and what do you mean when i was young?! still young and still do it! bet everyone has bought you chocs though havent they?!...sneaky cos they know that you cant have em and youll have to give em em back to eat themselves!..bet mum has bought you a bumper box of special toffee for that reason!! see you soon!

Thanks for that bigsister. I wasn't sure when to do it, but I might wait until tomorrow now and go to Lloyds chemists to get some of the dressings you mentioned first. If Tamisu is going to have her blue stitch out tomorrow I guess it will be my turn on Friday - so not too long to wait, hurray:thumbup: T x

yes TC..those op site plasters from lloyds are very good, better than the boots and superdrug ones i got actually, and cheaper..should only be few more days to your bath..youll really enjoy that!

A very happy birthday to you BIGSISTER ! There are only a few days between us as it was my birthday on Thursday, and I'm afraid that I overdid it with the birthday cake (and one or two other items!!).I was a bit like your sister Gillian when she got the dinosaur stuck! It might sound funny, but BOY, does it hurt!!! Suppose it serves me right for eating the naughty stuff? Anyway, enjoy your day(and by the way,thorntons will go down beautifully....it's the other stuff that causes the problems!). Take care, Kath.x :thumbup::drool::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi TC i had a bath everyday but made sure it wasnt to full, as soon as i had my stitch out my bath was nearly overflowing lol, and i was in it ages. Congratulations on your weight loss your doing really well, keep it up x

My hubby went to the chemist and got me some of those dressings - so I'm sorted thanks. I took the old ones off and everything looks fine. T x

A very happy birthday to you BIGSISTER ! There are only a few days between us as it was my birthday on Thursday, and I'm afraid that I overdid it with the birthday cake (and one or two other items!!).I was a bit like your sister Gillian when she got the dinosaur stuck! It might sound funny, but BOY, does it hurt!!! Suppose it serves me right for eating the naughty stuff? Anyway, enjoy your day(and by the way,thorntons will go down beautifully....it's the other stuff that causes the problems!). Take care, Kath.x :drool::drool::tongue2::cheated:

Happy birthday for last Thursday mooster!! - sounds like you had a good day. T x

Hi TC i had a bath everyday but made sure it wasnt to full, as soon as i had my stitch out my bath was nearly overflowing lol, and i was in it ages. Congratulations on your weight loss your doing really well, keep it up x

Thanks wishfull. I'm sure I will gain some back when I start eating properly, but hopefully not too much. I had a long shower today and it felt good, but not as good as my first bath will be I'm sure. T x

A very happy birthday to you BIGSISTER ! There are only a few days between us as it was my birthday on Thursday, and I'm afraid that I overdid it with the birthday cake (and one or two other items!!).I was a bit like your sister Gillian when she got the dinosaur stuck! It might sound funny, but BOY, does it hurt!!! Suppose it serves me right for eating the naughty stuff? Anyway, enjoy your day(and by the way,thorntons will go down beautifully....it's the other stuff that causes the problems!). Take care, Kath.x :drool::drool::tongue2::cheated:

Thank you to mooster and wishfull for your happy birthdays! I did have some Thorntons Continentals bought for me but daren't have any and I haven't indulged in anything I shouldn't today (don't worry tho, little sister did enough indulging for both of us!). Going out to the quiz at our local tonight and so I may just allow myself a Baileys or two.....hope all forum users are fine and well today, bigsister x

Hi everyone sorry havnt been on this wkend at all umm i mite just mail dr chris now at least i dont feel like its just me who isnt over joyed with the situation... But still afraid

Ok iv just mailed dr chris just saying about no restriction and asking how much of a fill can i expect to get thursday also has he stopped coming to dublin cos a lot of people are asking im afraid i didnt have the balls to mention fred but il see if i get a reply

Thank-you to wishful & TC for your birthday wishes. Back to the straight and narrow tomorrow after my over-indulging over the last few days!!! Well, if you can't do it for your birthday....when can you???:tongue2::cheated: Kath.x

A very happy birthday to you BIGSISTER ! There are only a few days between us as it was my birthday on Thursday, and I'm afraid that I overdid it with the birthday cake (and one or two other items!!).I was a bit like your sister Gillian when she got the dinosaur stuck! It might sound funny, but BOY, does it hurt!!! Suppose it serves me right for eating the naughty stuff? Anyway, enjoy your day(and by the way,thorntons will go down beautifully....it's the other stuff that causes the problems!). Take care, Kath.x :drool::drool::w00t::blush:

Happy birthday for last thursday mooster!!.i must admit i did try a couple of thorntons yesterday and they went down lovely...naughty i know, thats prob why my weight is now at a complete standstill!..hows your weight going since you were banded?..also, wanted to ask you just how long you get jip with these stitches, they are still really tight and it hurts to bend down.i have got to go back to work tomorrow and there is lots of heavy lifting and bending..I have already been off 2 weeks and not got paid, cos they dont have to,with or without a docs note...so i have to, not looking forward to it but cant let the girls down who are doing extra to cover for me...aarrgh!..i need to win the lottery!..even a tenner would do!

hi gillian, ur a bit naughty having those chocolates.. but i wouldnt worry bwt the weight loss cos mine is still stuck at 15lb and i havnt cheated once.. maybe i should have chocolate or something. My stitches are fine now so maybe it might be worth you asking your dr can they take them out for you. x