Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:Dancing_biggrin:Welcome back Tamisu!..glad everything went well for you...i know you feel great but dont set yourself back a couple of days by doing too much on first day back like i did!..you have got away with the gas/shoulder pain!? youre very lucky!.I didnt have the pleasure of meeting your young male nurse unfortunatly!..but lots of male nurses though i noticed..going for blue stitch out today, ive not got any dressings on now and went in bath last night..think it was a bit earlier than recommended, but it felt good and the stitches looked better after too..I have cut the "fishing line" ones off, that has relieved the tightness, they are there to support the dissolving ones i think, which are under the skin, so just have to wait for them to dissolve think it takes around 2 weeks to start dissolving..but getting better every day. my next big thing is the fill!!!..i am really scared of needles, not that they hurt that much, but i cant seem to stay still and will flinch and tense up and jump about, im scared about him not being able to find it cos ill be so jumpy..I have no idea how they do it,standing up, lying down, sitting??? can anyone "fill" me in on "fills" please?! and is there anyone out there like me who is very sensitive to being touched around belly and flinches or cant keep still during a fill?!(its just me isnt it?!):thumbup:..i can see that ill come out without having it done cos hell get impatient with me..suppose ill still have to pay though!, and what use is a band without a fill?!..does he (its frederick in manchester) give you a little jab of local first? any tips and info appreciated. Gillian x

:blush:Hi Gillian, Dr Chris and his team tend to do the fill's lying down. The port is facing down (I thought it was facing outwards......but no!) so Dr Chris went straight to it when he did my first one (although he did leave bruises in the shape of his four fingers!!!!). I was a little worried when Chris Deprez (who does Manchester as well as Frederick) said "do you know where your port is? Luckily he found it without any problems! Frederick did my third one, and didn't find it until the fourth attempt!! I guess it's just "pot-luck" as to who will be doing them, but don't worry they don't hurt, and you can't feel the solution going in or anything like that!:crying:I don't like needles myself, but the fills havent bothered me at all. Will you be going to Manchester when you start going? Take care, Kath. x:thumbup:

Glad to hear the fills dont hurt, 1 less thing to worry about.. saying that they couldnt hurt any more than the injections my partner gave me, ouch. x

Hi gillian good luck with your stitch out, i couldnt feel it when they took mine out, the nurse did say she could take out the dissolving stitches next week if they are irritating me. Im not looking forward 2 the injection fill myself although i think you did well injecting yourself. How you doing on your weight loss? mine has stood still, dont know if this is normal. Im still only having 1 slimfast, 1 cup a Soup and 2 actimel plus loads of Water during the day and i feel fine on that im not hungry. x

mine stood still yesterday, and this morning put a pound on!!.but have come on just this minute, so its prob that?..if were eating like this there is no way for it to go but down..just keep with it, and im not going to weigh myself til next week now!..glad stitch out didnt hurt, im going for mine out in 15 mins!..i would be ok if i could inject myself..its the control thing i think! my stitches giving some jip still, so if any older bandsters can remember how long it took for the dissolving ones to dissolve and ease id be pleased if youd let me know! anyway im gonna go in another deep bath tonight..that makes everything better! x

:blush:Hi Gillian, Dr Chris and his team tend to do the fill's lying down. The port is facing down (I thought it was facing outwards......but no!) so Dr Chris went straight to it when he did my first one (although he did leave bruises in the shape of his four fingers!!!!). I was a little worried when Chris Deprez (who does Manchester as well as Frederick) said "do you know where your port is? Luckily he found it without any problems! Frederick did my third one, and didn't find it until the fourth attempt!! I guess it's just "pot-luck" as to who will be doing them, but don't worry they don't hurt, and you can't feel the solution going in or anything like that!:crying:I don't like needles myself, but the fills havent bothered me at all. Will you be going to Manchester when you start going? Take care, Kath. x:thumbup:

Hi, and thanks for that info mooster. feel bit better about it now.and yes it will be manchester for the fills, ill be there on 12th feb..cant remember what time til i look but its just after dinner i think...OMG! finger print bruises!..hope they go gently when i go or theyll be peeling me off the ceiling! lol! x

Hi shoes thats great u got ur date its just a count down for u now... Remember frederik can take his time mailing u back dont be afraid to mail him again at any stage remind him ur there lol least u and sammy will be able to meet up and have a bit of support the day of the op

Hi shoes thats great u got ur date its just a count down for u now... Remember frederik can take his time mailing u back dont be afraid to mail him again at any stage remind him ur there lol least u and sammy will be able to meet up and have a bit of support the day of the op

Hi flirtylass!

Yeah Frederick seems to have disappeared!! He says I am on the list and to book my travel so I assume everything is OK!! I emailed him about another night in the hotel last week but heard nothing. I also emailed some other questions but you kind peeps have answered them!! Should I be worried? When do you get a contract/diet sheets etc?!! I just don't want to be disappointed!! :tt1:

It's great to hear that those who've just been banded are doing well. :cursing:

xxxxx

Yeah once he says everything is ok go and book ur travel but if i were u id keep mailing til u get reply as for diet sheets and stuff u dont get any of that til u go to belgium u could always ring him but id just bombard him with emails he can be so slow to mail back

Just a quick pop in, glad you girlies are in good spirits, and great that Shoes and Sammy are to be banded on the same day...thats brilliant!!!

Isnt the diet stuff on his website?

I have my consultation date, MVDB's secretary phoned me today...its on 12th Feb...yipee!!!!

I get back from hols on 7th, so gives me a few days to get my act together.

Take care all you babes lol. xx

Hi Flirty Lass, Sammy77 Frederik emailed me back today to confirm the 13th march i am delighted to hear Sammy77 will be there at the same time it will be a great support for us both Sammy i am no good at Facebook had to get my daughter hope you got message iam 43 a female from Ireland i have only told my Family about surgery there where a bit shocked at first but understand my reasons as i have about 8 stone to loss have tried everthing in the past i think i should have shares in weight watchers the amount of times i have joined so i am hoping this will work for me,this forum is great support so glad i found it, how are you getting on Flirty Lass yourself now with the band are you getting Fills in Dublin, glad to here guys who have recentlly banded are feeling better:thumbup:and you are over surgery i say its such a relief

Hi flirtylass!

Yeah Frederick seems to have disappeared!! He says I am on the list and to book my travel so I assume everything is OK!! I emailed him about another night in the hotel last week but heard nothing. I also emailed some other questions but you kind peeps have answered them!! Should I be worried? When do you get a contract/diet sheets etc?!! I just don't want to be disappointed!! :ohmy:

It's great to hear that those who've just been banded are doing well. :(

xxxxx

Hi Sammy, when I had my date confirmed I just printed off the attachment I recieved headed offer, there is no diet sheet but on the other attachments there is some advice like "follow a low fat diet" , when I booked my flights I just e.mailed him my time of arrival and my room requirements - two seperate beds in the room - because my daughter is travelling with me. after a short while he did confirm that everything was in place for me - hope this helps.

Hi Flirty Lass, Sammy77 Frederik emailed me back today to confirm the 13th march i am delighted to hear Sammy77 will be there at the same time it will be a great support for us both Sammy i am no good at Facebook had to get my daughter hope you got message iam 43 a female from Ireland i have only told my Family about surgery there where a bit shocked at first but understand my reasons as i have about 8 stone to loss have tried everthing in the past i think i should have shares in weight watchers the amount of times i have joined so i am hoping this will work for me,this forum is great support so glad i found it, how are you getting on Flirty Lass yourself now with the band are you getting Fills in Dublin, glad to here guys who have recentlly banded are feeling better:thumbup:and you are over surgery i say its such a relief

thanks shoes, feeling better every day, last week i thought id never be able to eat again due to trapped wind pain and still had bit of nausea...it soon disappeared and now im back to my normal self...and i could still eat for england,ireland ,scotland and wales, infact whole world prob!..i dont think i have much if any restriction at the mo...so will need that fill!...if i dont chicken out!..im having nightmares about it being a foot long blunt needle! lol! getting very nervous about it, and if i do pass out, it would prob be preferable, as at least he can get fill in! ha! gillian x

oh yes, did everyone see GOK last night?? it showed you the gastric band "in person" and how it works etc. that poor joe, lives next door to a friend, she says hes a nice kid, i see him,opposite my house getting on the bus home after school, they must let him out early on his own. i hope that him and all the kids do get help they need, it was a good scheme they were running for them , they were all confident together,and supporting each other,and the weight was coming off at the gym and my local swimming pool, I have 3 boys, and none of them have had the same eating patterns, my eldest ate almost nothing and even had to go to dieticians etc,my middle one eats normally and at meal times, but would rather play out than eat..my youngest is never out of the fridge,cupboard, and is hungry all the time, he is a bit overweight,so i am keeping an eye on him. but it just goes to show how we are all different and its not all about how we are brought up..its that old debate..."nature or nurture".(oh yes, i read a quote from ricky gervais talking about weight loss he said peole should cut down and get off their backsides, and people who have weight loss surgery,such as a gastric band, are fat lazy pigs!!!):( nice!, thats ricky off my xmas card list! gillian x

oh yes, did everyone see GOK last night?? it showed you the gastric band "in person" and how it works etc. that poor joe, lives next door to a friend, she says hes a nice kid, i see him,opposite my house getting on the bus home after school, they must let him out early on his own. i hope that him and all the kids do get help they need, it was a good scheme they were running for them , they were all confident together,and supporting each other,and the weight was coming off at the gym and my local swimming pool, I have 3 boys, and none of them have had the same eating patterns, my eldest ate almost nothing and even had to go to dieticians etc,my middle one eats normally and at meal times, but would rather play out than eat..my youngest is never out of the fridge,cupboard, and is hungry all the time, he is a bit overweight,so i am keeping an eye on him. but it just goes to show how we are all different and its not all about how we are brought up..its that old debate..."nature or nurture".(oh yes, i read a quote from ricky gervais talking about weight loss he said peole should cut down and get off their backsides, and people who have weight loss surgery,such as a gastric band, are fat lazy pigs!!!):( nice!, thats ricky off my xmas card list! gillian x

He will be saying that just cos he's too scared to have one done himself! Strange, I've just realised I don't find him half as funny any more......bigsister x

Hi shoes ur all set then ah im doing ok but need a fill big time getting it next thurs in dublin upper pembroke street €120 he comes first thursday of every month and it doesnt come quick enough im in bits at the mo just found out my dog was shot chasin sheep i was so attached to him so i ate a full pack of choc chip Cookies and another packet of bars how clever am i i just said fuck this and ate away but their all ate now so back to being good