Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi freckles, the price youve been given is just for the operation I think, my total price was 4070 euros which includes taxi and hotel, but does not include fills. I am aged 51 so luckily have'nt been charged the surchage. I had to send 470 euros when I booked to secure the date and will need to pay 3600 euros to Dr Chris by cash when I get to Belgium. The package is available direct with Frederick Dr Chris' management team.

My daughter has had a spire hospital band so it'll be interesting to see if they do things differently in belgium, good luck in getting a quick date

Hi Gillian, I often get a bit quiet when I'm getting nervious or apprensive, but I am still reading this thread everyday so if I dont write often give me a kick.

Good luck to you all who are on the pre op-diet.

I wish, I doubt if i will get an appointment that fast...do you? I see you going for your band !!!!! Great news!! btw I dont know if the price includes any fills, does anyone else know?

I have sent my x-rays off to Belgium today...would be great if I got one that fast though...I have actually asked for any date after 9th FEB as we're on holiday, so fingers crossed.

Wishful, no :) its deffo cos of my age, cos he said UK ladies over 55 he does not usually operate on so he would charge an extra forfeit of 500euros....damn!!!

The price quoted ...

But sweet of you to say that, forgot to say that to Gillian too:laugh:

I dont know if thats the normal price or if its more because of the removal of the old band cos surgery will obviously take longer.:)

you might get one that quick, quite poss, as i was first offered one with only 6 weeks to go, and i know others have too. i had to wait for mine another 2 months though to save up the money. think you will get one after your hol, mind you remember the pre op diet!..good luck anyway, hope it all goes better for you with this band, Gillian x

Hi Gillian, I often get a bit quiet when I'm getting nervious or apprensive, but I am still reading this thread everyday so if I dont write often give me a kick.

Good luck to you all who are on the pre op-diet.

Aah mmm, Im nervous too!..but dont tell anyone will you!.I just want to get it all over and done with now..were going a week tomorrow, and it doesnt seem real!..Ihave a hundred and one thoughts going through my head and having wierd dreams about it happening too..Ill prob think im dreaming when i wake up next friday too...except,i think it might hurt a bit!.anyway, ill cope with it, and hopefully can tell you its nothing to worry about,and dont know why i was nervous!...your not getting second thoughts are you?..we'll be fine! x

Aah mmm, Im nervous too!..but dont tell anyone will you!.I just want to get it all over and done with now..were going a week tomorrow, and it doesnt seem real!..Ihave a hundred and one thoughts going through my head and having wierd dreams about it happening too..Ill prob think im dreaming when i wake up next friday too...except,i think it might hurt a bit!.anyway, ill cope with it, and hopefully can tell you its nothing to worry about,and dont know why i was nervous!...your not getting second thoughts are you?..we'll be fine! x

no, not having second thoughts, just cant wait for it to be done and dusted. I wish it was this Fri. I'm getting fatter by the day caus I eat when i'm stressed. :):)

Hi freckles what was that about flying and the band, I fly about 8-10 times a year and did'nt know about any side effects even if it is good.

Notices Hello sanflan it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

So guess I should make some more effort to chat! Anyway, I will be having my surgery on the 20th of January.... So not long yet!! Anyone else having theirs on the same day? x

So guess I should make some more effort to chat! Anyway, I will be having my surgery on the 20th of January.... So not long yet!! Anyone else having theirs on the same day? x

OMG!...ive never seen anyone getting that message before!! Ha!..I wont get one I know that....shame on you sanflan..your getting detention next!!..hope your going well anyway...we will be going home the day before you get there!..good luck anyway.....and dont forget to engage in helpfull conversation when you get back.....otherwise, Ill see you in my office! LOL!..Gillian x

I should have said that I already have a band, since december 2005.

Was banded in the Spire Southampton...but in Feb 2008 it developed a hole.:)

So am going to get done again....I loved my band so much, and have put on weight so am now heavier than when I started in 2005.:)

I think maybe I am the oldest bandster here, cos I have to pay an extra 500 euros because I am an old trout:blink:

Hi Freckles, I didn't know about the age thing - glad I have booked now cos I am age 51 (same as mmm) and never knew there was a price hike or even a question mark over doing it on 55+. Feel so sorry about the problem you have had with your original leaky band, it is hard enough saving up in the first place, then psyching yourself up and the discomfort of surgery without the problems you have had. It stinks that no-one is taking responsibility and you have to stump up again (particularly with a 'fine' for your age!). Hoping that mine, gillian's and wishfull's goes like text book next Friday and that yours will too once you are booked in, I'm sure it will with Dr Chris, we all have the greatest confidence in him. Take care and keep posting with your updates, bigsister x

OMG!...ive never seen anyone getting that message before!! Ha!..I wont get one I know that....shame on you sanflan..your getting detention next!!..hope your going well anyway...we will be going home the day before you get there!..good luck anyway.....and dont forget to engage in helpfull conversation when you get back.....otherwise, Ill see you in my office! LOL!..Gillian x

Her 'office' = the pantry!....

bigsister (to gillian)

Her 'office' = the pantry!....

bigsister (to gillian)

cheers big sister!..It is true though, my pantry is bigger than my house, full of goodies! but it will only contain a slim fast shake or something next week!

Hi Sanflan. I'm having my surgery on 27th Jan - 1 week after you. I'm dreading starting my pre-op diet. Look forward to hearing your story after you have your band fitted. The recent bandsters - Tropical Lagoon and Miss Flump have provided great post-op info and it has helped me lots in preparing myself , although I'm still very nervous - thanks to you both and also to everyone else for your great support. Tx

cheers big sister!..It is true though, my pantry is bigger than my house, full of goodies! but it will only contain a slim fast shake or something next week!

LOL i dont think that will happen do you.. you will still have your stash ov goodies.. bet your case will have ldz ov wispas :) in it 2 go 2 belgium.. not that i havnt any faith in you lol x

Hi Gillian, I'm feeling exactly like you, I just want it to be over and done with now:bored:. Three weeks and it will all be over. I ordered my Euros from an internet site yesterday as they were offering a good rate- I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that they deliver the money on time as promised:) I'm never off Youtube after watching Miss Flump's video and not all the stories are positive. I just hope ours is a success and no holes appear!! Hope you and all the other people who have started their pre-op diet are doing well. Good luck to you, bigsister and wishfull - not long now:thumbup: T x