Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi

I have a consultation on 18th dec in manchester, i believed it was with Dr Chris however i believe he is doing a clinic in edinburght, a few people have mentioned it will be fredderick, What does this mean.

Anyone help

Hi gary, have you booked a date for surgery yet or are you going to be doing that at your consultation? Im getting banded on the 16th jan and have my consultation the day of the surgery in belgium, if you have your consultation over there you dont have to pay for it, good luck:smile:. Hey fox you are a massive help with all the info your giving, thanx.

Hey Wishfull

glad my posts are helping,you will be nervous ,excited,frightened, and a whole lot more, all i wished for was that i was back safe with my wee family and was 5 or 6 days post op ( forgot to add with no pain to the wish, so perhaps you could add it to yours !!!!!)cant believe im going to say this but,,,,,,,,,,,its hard to remember, even 5 days post op how bad the pain was !!!!!!!!!:)

what i will say tho is when lying on your side,( i found it easier to lie on my left side)PUT A PILLOW UNDER YOUR TUMMY AND WOUNDS TO SUPPORT THEM,and you might get a better sleep, worked for me,

can miss flump let me know how she is getting on,

And can i just say i almost burst my stitches laughing at gillian and co about running for the wheelchairs at the airport,ive got a picture in my mind:laugh::laugh:it will b like a wheelchair convention,good luck

the fox

Hey Wishfull

glad my posts are helping,you will be nervous ,excited,frightened, and a whole lot more, all i wished for was that i was back safe with my wee family and was 5 or 6 days post op ( forgot to add with no pain to the wish, so perhaps you could add it to yours !!!!!)cant believe im going to say this but,,,,,,,,,,,its hard to remember, even 5 days post op how bad the pain was !!!!!!!!!:)

what i will say tho is when lying on your side,( i found it easier to lie on my left side)PUT A PILLOW UNDER YOUR TUMMY AND WOUNDS TO SUPPORT THEM,and you might get a better sleep, worked for me,

can miss flump let me know how she is getting on,

And can i just say i almost burst my stitches laughing at gillian and co about running for the wheelchairs at the airport,ive got a picture in my mind:laugh::laugh:it will b like a wheelchair convention,good luck

the fox

Hi Fox!. Im so glad your feeling a bit better...things can only look up from now on!!..well done on your weight loss..(I have at least 6 stone to lose,maybe more..depends on how the skin behaves!) i can imagine your getting bit bored with your Soup? ..what about those yogurt drinks YOP is it?..or the V8 Soups are very nutritious (ive heard)..might taste like old socks!..have you got a smoothie maker..david has bought me one for xmas in readiness!...I will be having fish n chip smoothies!...no only kidding! i will try my hardest to be sensible. thanks for all your honest advice and tips you have posted for us..they are a big help,they really are!..I am taking it all in so any more advice or info is greatfully received! I am remembering what you said about the airport, you feeling wobbly and light headed..that was good advice, i will try and get something down me for the energy..as i get to feel like that anyway after not eating for half a day. so hopefully I can leave the wheelchairs for bigsister and wishfull!!..only two blokes going anyway to help push em! I will be walking proudly in front in my lovely new posh XXLL jogging bottoms! anyway your doing great, hope you get feeling better and better every day..Im sure youll feel fantastic in another few weeks with even more weight off and all healed up x

Hi

I have a consultation on 18th dec in manchester, i believed it was with Dr Chris however i believe he is doing a clinic in edinburght, a few people have mentioned it will be fredderick, What does this mean.

Anyone help

Hi Garry and welcome...read this forum from page 1...it will answer just about any question or worry you have..also read the other thread..Dr de bruyne christian. the link is at the bottom of this page..we are a great support to each other on this forum..and it was because of this i went ahead and booked...good luck anyway. gillian x

OMG Miss flump,sorry to scare you,have you already booked your flights,the campanile will provide towels, if you book the frederik package it takes into account that you will have someone with you ,the only other expense you will have is the flight(which i would say was very worth it !) the frederik package ,you have one night pre op in hotel,one night in hosp then the next night in the hotel again,can i just ask who advised you to travel the day after surgery as my room mate in the hospital did just that and both frederik and dr chris were very angry,because they would not advise travel the day after surgery and you wont feel like it either,(sorry to be the one to tell you this,but this forum is about supporting each other,and id hate to see any one suffer if they dont have to)i used wheelchair at the airport because i felt really wobbly on my feet and lightheaded( no wonder, when all i had was the lovely !!! pea Soup they give you at the hosp)

oh before i forget,stock up on the dutch crispbakes,asda do them,soups and sugar free jelly,for afterwards ans even if not hungry try to eat a little to keep your strength up,( though my appetites just fine, NOTHING like it was,but enough to get by)

im now 4 days post op and i cant believe when i look at it like that,the small amount of pain im in in relation to just after,so no pain no gain girls,(how many times we heard that before) but seriously i feel it really is worth it soooooo far and im still in a little pain,unfortunetly for me a stone (although faboulous)is nothing on the scale of things for me ,but better off than on

oh before i forget,in the campanile provide Shampoo, towels soap,facecloths, handtowels,coffee, herbal teabags ( so if you dont like herbal,best take your own)sugar kettle,i took cupasoup and im glad i did,cos the painkillers were making me feel sick on an empty stomach,so if you can manage even a half a cupasoup it may prevent this,maid service will change towels make up bed replace toilet rolls ect,and there are shops nearby, which your companion could find quite easily should you need anything,

im far from being an expert ,but i can answer any questions if i experienced it,i will try my best anyway,this forum was an absolute lifeline for me,

miss flump when are you going to brussels?

will sign off now, bowl of Tomato Soup waiting for me,feel the love,the fox:thumbup::)

Hi Fox are you able to drive yet - do you think you could have driven from the airport home.

Hey Fox,

It's really encouraging to hear that you're improving by the day and that you don't have nearly as much pain as you did.

My surgery is booked for 23rd December, with my flight home on Christmas Eve. I know I'm crazy, but I would have had to wait until the summer for the surgery otherwise, because of my job.

I'm not taking a companion with me, so I am worried about the airport on the way home, but I'm only taking one small weekend bag on wheels, with my nightdress, flight socks, clean underwear, washbag and painkillers. Then I can hopefully focus better on making my way through the airport. :tongue2:

As there are no flights home on 25th, the best date to come home was Christmas Eve and this was mutually agreed between me and Bridget. Bridget said she'd inform Dr Chris about this, so I'm hoping it will all be fine.

I will probably feel like death warmed up, but I don't want to cancel now as I'm all geared up to do this and everything's booked. In 10 days, I'll be banded!!

I will keep you posted with all the gory details!! Also, any other advice from any other bandsters will be gratefully received.

Miss Flump x x

P.S. Do you get to take a shower in the hospital?

Hi there,if you feel you could cope,then go for it,you could always ask for help at the airport when you check in ,just tell them you are feeling unwell( but be aware,we flew from brussels to london,then london to glasgow,but the eagle eyed hostess on the london to glasgow flight,followed us down the aisle to ask my husband if i was ok as i looked terrible,we then said we had flown from brussels and i would manage,she then asked did i have a letter from my surgeon permitting me to fly !!!!!!! well i almost died of fright,:sad:i gave her the gastric band info and she took it to the captain where,they all had a huge conflab about the fat bird in agony in seat 12a,and whether she should be allowed to fly,

in the end( after i had lost about 6lbs worrying) they decided it would be ok:cursing: and off we went,

Let me guess are you a teacher,the girl in the hospital room wif me was a teacher and someone else on here is a teacher and are travelling back the next day also, brave bunch you lot, but thenou would only need to go into a classroom to know that !!!!!

going for ANOTHER SHOWER it helps me to feel better:smile2:

so till next time bandsters,take care,love from the fox

Hey Fox,

It's really encouraging to hear that you're improving by the day and that you don't have nearly as much pain as you did.

My surgery is booked for 23rd December, with my flight home on Christmas Eve. I know I'm crazy, but I would have had to wait until the summer for the surgery otherwise, because of my job.

I'm not taking a companion with me, so I am worried about the airport on the way home, but I'm only taking one small weekend bag on wheels, with my nightdress, flight socks, clean underwear, washbag and painkillers. Then I can hopefully focus better on making my way through the airport. :tongue2:

As there are no flights home on 25th, the best date to come home was Christmas Eve and this was mutually agreed between me and Bridget. Bridget said she'd inform Dr Chris about this, so I'm hoping it will all be fine.

I will probably feel like death warmed up, but I don't want to cancel now as I'm all geared up to do this and everything's booked. In 10 days, I'll be banded!!

I will keep you posted with all the gory details!! Also, any other advice from any other bandsters will be gratefully received.

Miss Flump x x

Hi miss flump, im sure if you take strong painkillers you will be fine and im sure there will be people about at the airport that will help you if you ask.. dont try and be brave an make do, if you can get the help grab it with both hands.goodluck x

Hi Fox are you able to drive yet - do you think you could have driven from the airport home.

Hi mmm, no i didnt drive home from the airport ,had a friend pick me up,im still not driving,thats 5 days after the op,im having a bit of a problem with one of the sites of the stitches,right next to the port,so im off to the docs in the morn,wish me luck,love from the fox:sad:

Hi there,if you feel you could cope,then go for it,you could always ask for help at the airport when you check in ,just tell them you are feeling unwell( but be aware,we flew from brussels to london,then london to glasgow,but the eagle eyed hostess on the london to glasgow flight,followed us down the aisle to ask my husband if i was ok as i looked terrible,we then said we had flown from brussels and i would manage,she then asked did i have a letter from my surgeon permitting me to fly !!!!!!! well i almost died of fright,:sad:i gave her the gastric band info and she took it to the captain where,they all had a huge conflab about the fat bird in agony in seat 12a,and whether she should be allowed to fly,

in the end( after i had lost about 6lbs worrying) they decided it would be ok:cursing: and off we went,

Let me guess are you a teacher,the girl in the hospital room wif me was a teacher and someone else on here is a teacher and are travelling back the next day also, brave bunch you lot, but thenou would only need to go into a classroom to know that !!!!!

going for ANOTHER SHOWER it helps me to feel better:smile2:

so till next time bandsters,take care,love from the fox

Hi fox, omg just read that bit bwt the flight home :tongue2: i think myself, gillian and bigsister will av 2 walk on 2 the plane all smiles so we dont av the same problems as you ad, they should be used 2 people flying home after surgery or mayb it was cos you were flying from london 2 glasgow and the air hostess didnt no what 2 do!!

Edited by wishfull

Thanks for info Fox, Sorry to hear of your problems around port, hoping all will be sorted out for you soon, I wondered why you wer'nt sleeping well. Keep well. Thinking about you.

Hi gang

I am due to be banded in 9 days and have already done almost a week on the liver reducting diet. In this time I have had no alcohol, but with 2 Christmas dos lined up for next weekend, I was wondering what effect this would have on the liver. I do not want to undo all the good work I have done so far, but if alcohol does not make a difference, I would at least like one last drink before a life without it completely.

Another query, do those who have followed a low fat diet prior to surgery have less pain and recover sooner than those that dont?

Well done to Foxy too and thanks for the info regarding the hotel and what they provide, etc. I've booked the Frederik package too and he has said I can pay the entire cost the day prior to surgery. I'm hanging on til the last moment to change my Euros now. Could have kicked myself when I wanted to change at 1.17 and the lady told me rates were on their way up again and I should wait :tongue2:

It's no wonder there is so much pain post-op as I have just seen a stomach operation on TV and they don't look that gentle with you.....

I am now starting to panic big time.....

Sal

Hi tropical lagoon i didnt do the pre op diet at all and alot of the other girls didnt either the day before the op i had choc ice cream burger and chips a moro etc i wouldnt worry too much about it dr chris has never turned away a patient once their there with a fatty liver... and if i had to do it again id stil enjoy my xmas partys and grub cos it'l be the final time u'l be able to gulp it down so really enjoy ur drink and partys

Hey Fox,

Miss Flump x x

dear miss flump

cant remember if i said,i wasnt offered a shower at the hospital,but neither did i feel like one,and i was going home to my hotel,but maybe if you ask, there will be facilities,there is a bathroom which you and your roommates share,well not really a bathroom,more of a large toilet with sinks for washing,in the ward/room,but if you really want a shower just ask,if you dont ask you wont get, good luck and remember to log on and let us know how you get on,our thoughts will be will you,love from the fox:thumbup: