Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi fox, glad everything went ok, im sure in a couple of days you will be up and running about...ok maybe not running. can't wait 2 read your other msgs when your up 2 it, get plenty of rest x

Hi everyone,

I booked through Tullia Law and she gave me a price of £3500 to inc the first fill and the hotel fee. Which is the best price I got....

Myself and my mother are getting the band on (FRIDAY THE 13TH) of Feb. I am very nervous, but also excited. She asks for £500 deposit and the balance to be paid 2 weeks prior to surgery.:wink2:

Hope u dont get ripped off, its only wiv tullie that u av 2 pay anything upfront, im getting banded on the 16th jan and avnt ad 2 pay anything, just pay dr chris the day ov the surgery, i didnt feel easy bwt paying up front and thought tullie pushy. hope it goes well 4 u and ur mum. :crying:

Hi gillian, what av u done bwt insurance? iv got free travel insurance with the bank but is that enough? can u believe it 5wks 2day and we will be banded x

HEY TC27 AND GILLIAN AND ALL THE BANDSTERS,

ITS THE FOX !!!!

ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS, CAN I JUST EXPLAIN TO ANYONE NOT DONE YET OR NOT EVEN CLOSE THIS WAS JUST HOW I FELT,AND SO AS NOT TO UPSET ANYONE, I WAS SHOUTING !!.anyway calmer now,

i chickened out !!!! JOKING, and banded and dusted,back home had a fab sleep in my own bed,and im feeling like ive been hit by a bus,it now feels like a small bus granted, in comparison to an aeroplane,its amazing what a difference a few days can make, ive just come downstairs for some painkillers and couldnt resist signing in although sitting at comp not recommended this early on!!!!!!!!! juast wanted to say thank you for the support girls,everything went fine.except that i had a crazy belgian gereatric patient in my room,but before you panic aparently this is not normal !well gotta go will leave much more details when i feel better, any questions just ask, good night and god bless you all,the fox:thumbup:

HI FOX!!!!..Glad your back and your all banded and dusted!..well, this is it now, you will be getting smaller and smaller by the day..and although your in a bit of pain now, Im sure like all the others next week youll be saying it is well worth it when you get on those scales. hope you just feel like youve been hit by a van today? car tomorrow, motorbike the day after?!..how are you coping with the injections are you doing them yourself? anyway talking of crazy women in your room...ill have 2 there with me i reckon, what with wishfull and bigsister!..nice that well be together though for support, hope your feeling more up to it very soon,and are telling us it was all worth it!!..im sure you will! and all the best of luck with all the weight your gonna lose!! just think of you next year in those little clothes!!..(by the way the one who said your shouting...is a man) Gillian x

Gillian you will be fab, take a photo of yourself in your 'not to be run over by a bus bra', and your 'room for two' joggers and then compare it next xmas when your in Your LITTLE Black Dress that will be a great motivator.

Is Tropical Lagoon the next to go to Brussels? or is anyone else going before Christmas?

Yes im gonna take loadsa photos...but cant post em on here..so ill have to put em somewhere else! darent put em on facebook!..no1 knows im going for it on there and ill give the game away!!..not brill on a computer, so if anyone has any ideas..wonder if i could set a false name up on Facebook and post em there?! Im intending on taking one photo a month in just bra and knickers!..how lovely!..but wanna see the effects! did you see what fox said about being hit by a bus!?..watch me get hit by a real bus in my XXXLLL size joggers, baggy grey bra and big mamma knickers...just my luck!..Gillian x

Hi gillian, what av u done bwt insurance? iv got free travel insurance with the bank but is that enough? can u believe it 5wks 2day and we will be banded x

Bigsister has found out about somewhere where you can get medical travel insurance..Im gonna go for that for myself as our normal insurance wont cover us for anything if they know weve been for surgery abroad..think she said her online quote was about £28? ..Ill let you know. Im bit worried today as the pound is on par with the euro today..making what started out as a 3k op...now a 4K op..hubby got not much work on..and my hours cut at work straight after xmas. if i had to cancel, Id just die. its my focus at the moment..gonna have to sell the family hierlooms on ebay!(if i had any)..whatever..owt to get there..I will have to do it now, Ill be paying for it for years to come, but hopefully happy to pay for it cos ill see i got my moneysworth...so feeling guilty and selfish today..I will put lottery on for tomorrow..you never know, even a tenner would help!

Its ok gillian if i win the lottery i'll pay it for you, i'm not going 2 bother with the other insurance if anything goes wrong it goes wrong, i'll face that when and if. like you said the £ is crap, i hope it will pick up b4 our surgery..so i'm not changing any money yet. it will b worth every penny so try not 2 feel 2 guilty or selfish, its not just for u that ur doing it.. just think how much more energy u will have 2 play wiv ur boys, and b around 2 watch em grow up, keep ur chin up x

Bigsister has found out about somewhere where you can get medical travel insurance..Im gonna go for that for myself as our normal insurance wont cover us for anything if they know weve been for surgery abroad..think she said her online quote was about £28? ..Ill let you know. Im bit worried today as the pound is on par with the euro today..making what started out as a 3k op...now a 4K op..hubby got not much work on..and my hours cut at work straight after xmas. if i had to cancel, Id just die. its my focus at the moment..gonna have to sell the family hierlooms on ebay!(if i had any)..whatever..owt to get there..I will have to do it now, Ill be paying for it for years to come, but hopefully happy to pay for it cos ill see i got my moneysworth...so feeling guilty and selfish today..I will put lottery on for tomorrow..you never know, even a tenner would help!

Hi guys,starting to feel a bit better again,but strangely enough the better i feel the hungrier i get !!! Tomato Soup ,chicken Soup and dilute juice is starting already to loose its appeal,so if anyone has any ideas just to jolly me alone ,they would be really appreciated,oh i almost forgot the most important thing, today i weighed myself, and bearing in mind that my pre op diet wasnt fab, ive lost........wait for it......... one stone,yes one stone,in about 10 days,so its definately been worth it,and im sorry if i scared anyone with the pain description,but i thought it only fair i should give an accurate account of MY experience,in my room was a lovely young girl called saira,who travelled home on the eurotrain to london the day after the op, tho having spoken to her since she wished she hadnt,i left on the thurs,banded on the tues and needed a wheelchair at the airport as i felt really wobbly but on the up side we didnt have to wait in any queues,and received first class treatment at the airport ,so dont try to be brave girls,take any help you can ,you wouldnt have teeth pulled with no aneasthetic,there are no prizes for bravery,oh and i meant to mention i had a filling fall out while waiting to go to theatre,spooky eh,but overall, the best advice i would give would be to check your package before you go i had the frederik package for 4070,hotel,taxis,band,everything but flights,so no worries in a strange land,and can i just say the hotel do a fab steak dinner, the other girl in my room, her mum booked it all herself which is why she went home one day early ,and can i just say ,frederik was not amused,he was worried for her, but they booked the night before the op in the hotel before they arrived,then went to the hospital with all the luggage,and there is nowhere for your companion to sleep, so her mum then tried to rebook hotel for the night of the op and they were fully booked,so had to hunt for another hotel and they booked thro bridget who apparently told them they could leave the day after the op and dr chris was horrified, but they did indeed leave ,and when i left the hospital the poor girl was still vomiting and unable to tolerate even Water, so just please be careful, check everything before you go and check again,well going back to bed now,but promise my updates will be happier the better i fell, tonight i actually fell not to bad,still painfull at the site of the stitches,as expected,but it will only get better from now on,roll on the big weight loss,(although ive got lots to lose)enjoy your xmas dinner girls:tt1: you deserve it,love from the fox

Hey Fox,

Ooh, I'm a bit worried now. I'm coming home the day after the operation by myself, but I wanted to get home to have Christmas day with my family.

Guess I'm gonna have to travel extremely light and dose up on the painkillers. I'm not going to be able to afford extra nights in hotels and possible changes to my flight at that time of year. :rolleyes2:

Thinking of travelling light as possible, can anyone tell me whether the Campanile Hotel and the hospital provide bath towels, or should I bring my own?

Hugest congratulations to you on your weight loss. You've done so well. A stone loss in ten days is FANTASTIC!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

x x

Think it's going 2 b a race 4 the wheelchair's girls... I cant believe your weight loss fox, that is amazing and i hope i get the same fantastic results as u av, thanxs 4 all the info it is appreciated and taken on board.. keep up the good work ur doing great :rolleyes2:

Tullia faxed and e.mailed me today saying the price had gone up to £3650 for Feb, and that a would be paying in euros anyway. So I decided to go with Frederik's package., this works out about the same price but you do get the taxis, hotel, and, support during your stay. I have faxed him to confirm and I've been given dates of FRIDAY 13TH Feb or 17th Feb, I've requested 13th (silly me) and my daughter will come with me. I have also e.mailed the medical info requested, so I'm just waiting for confirmation back. Fingers crossed I will be accepted my BMI is 37 with no co-mobidity, so I'm checking my e.mails every 10 mins for a reply.

Hi Fox, I joined the group whilst you were in Belgium, and have been following your progress. It must be a great motivator to have lost such a lot of weight already although your feeling rough. Good luck with your band and keep up the good work.

Hey Fox,

Ooh, I'm a bit worried now. I'm coming home the day after the operation by myself, but I wanted to get home to have Christmas day with my family.

Guess I'm gonna have to travel extremely light and dose up on the painkillers. I'm not going to be able to afford extra nights in hotels and possible changes to my flight at that time of year. :rolleyes2:

Thinking of travelling light as possible, can anyone tell me whether the Campanile Hotel and the hospital provide bath towels, or should I bring my own?

Hugest congratulations to you on your weight loss. You've done so well. A stone loss in ten days is FANTASTIC!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

x x

OMG Miss flump,sorry to scare you,have you already booked your flights,the campanile will provide towels, if you book the frederik package it takes into account that you will have someone with you ,the only other expense you will have is the flight(which i would say was very worth it !) the frederik package ,you have one night pre op in hotel,one night in hosp then the next night in the hotel again,can i just ask who advised you to travel the day after surgery as my room mate in the hospital did just that and both frederik and dr chris were very angry,because they would not advise travel the day after surgery and you wont feel like it either,(sorry to be the one to tell you this,but this forum is about supporting each other,and id hate to see any one suffer if they dont have to)i used wheelchair at the airport because i felt really wobbly on my feet and lightheaded( no wonder, when all i had was the lovely !!! pea Soup they give you at the hosp)

oh before i forget,stock up on the dutch crispbakes,asda do them,soups and sugar free jelly,for afterwards ans even if not hungry try to eat a little to keep your strength up,( though my appetites just fine, NOTHING like it was,but enough to get by)

im now 4 days post op and i cant believe when i look at it like that,the small amount of pain im in in relation to just after,so no pain no gain girls,(how many times we heard that before) but seriously i feel it really is worth it soooooo far and im still in a little pain,unfortunetly for me a stone (although faboulous)is nothing on the scale of things for me ,but better off than on

oh before i forget,in the campanile provide Shampoo, towels soap,facecloths, handtowels,coffee, herbal teabags ( so if you dont like herbal,best take your own)sugar kettle,i took cupasoup and im glad i did,cos the painkillers were making me feel sick on an empty stomach,so if you can manage even a half a cupasoup it may prevent this,maid service will change towels make up bed replace toilet rolls ect,and there are shops nearby, which your companion could find quite easily should you need anything,

im far from being an expert ,but i can answer any questions if i experienced it,i will try my best anyway,this forum was an absolute lifeline for me,

miss flump when are you going to brussels?

will sign off now, bowl of Tomato Soup waiting for me,feel the love,the fox:thumbup::cursing:

Think it's going 2 b a race 4 the wheelchair's girls... I cant believe your weight loss fox, that is amazing and i hope i get the same fantastic results as u av, thanxs 4 all the info it is appreciated and taken on board.. keep up the good work ur doing great :rolleyes2:

My airport wheelchair is now booked! Hi Fox, we have all been thinking about you. Glad you are feeling bit better now and well done so far! Thanks for the info, even if it's not exactly what we want to hear, we need to know the truth like you say and glad that is what you have given us. We will be eagerly waiting for your updates on your progress which is already off to a great start - well done! G x

Hi

I have a consultation on 18th dec in manchester, i believed it was with Dr Chris however i believe he is doing a clinic in edinburght, a few people have mentioned it will be fredderick, What does this mean.

Anyone help

Hi

I have a consultation on 18th dec in manchester, i believed it was with Dr Chris however i believe he is doing a clinic in edinburght, a few people have mentioned it will be fredderick, What does this mean.

Anyone help

Hi Garry

dr chris and frederik do the op together, so it doesnt really matter who you speak to, ive spoken to both and was told the same by them both,they are both very nice, Chris on the other hand is frederiks partner in ecfs, the after care service,confusing i know dr chris, a guy called chris and a guy called frederik

chris and frederik founded the ecfs company and run it with dr chris as far as i was led to believe,

i had my first consultation in brussels the night before my op,found most of my questions answered right here on this forum, the people here are fab,so good luck in your Quest and just keep logging on the info is sure to just keep coming,as more of us are banded,and dont forget everyones experience is different,but much the same,:thumbup:its all good,love from the fox,ps feeling better again,thanx to the wonder of chicken Soup and a caring husband,:)