Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My positive experience mixing Genepro

I use to follow the manufacturer direction of mixing GENEPRO with hot liquid at the bottom and mixing genpro with cold on top and/or directly into cooked foods. I did read here someone mixed it with a little Water first (thank you to whomever that was). So I have been using this method now for the past couple of months with success every time.

I believer that mixing it with room temperature Water first is best. Once I was cleared for coffee, about 2 months post op, I've started my day with GENEPRO mixed in my coffee. That starts my day off with 30 grams. I now put in my genepro and blend with a fork and a little bit of tap water, just enough to mix it (I don't want to dilute it too much), then I add my coffee. At that point it doesn't matter how hot my coffee is. Before this method, if the coffee was too hot it would not blend the Genepro and I'd have little bits of it that would clump and be disgusting and at the price of Genepro, I'd hate tossing that cup.

I'm not sure I'd meet my Protein goal if not for supplementing still (5+ months out) with my morning Genepro. I don't notice any change in taste of my coffee. You can probably use this method for Soups and such. Just remember they do not advise microwaving Genepro.

I know many aren't sold on this supplement; but I keep reading some newbie post ops complaining they aren't getting their Protein in and just wanted to share my mixing tips if you do use it.

I started with GENEPRO i was extatic over it then the reports of it claiming more Protein than it actually contains started coming out and that they are getting sued. I stopped because i am a newbie and did not want my Protein to be low because of it. But i see where others have tried it and come out okay i dont know i am on the fence with this stuff but i really want to go back to it sonce it was the only one i could really stomach

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I have been using GENEPRO in my coffee in the mornings also. I do follow the mix with a fork using room temp Water then add to hot liquid route. I also warm my coffee with the GENEPRO in the microwave as i like it hotter than it comes out of the Keurig. I haven't had any clumping issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

It's the gene pro instructions that say not to microwave. Not sure why, I believe I read somewhere it will lose the nutrients. There are many topics on the real value of Protein. I log it as 30. I typically have a cooked egg white about an hour after I finish my genpro coffee.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I just purchased my first tub of GENEPRO. I'm interested to find out if it actually has the Protein in it that it claims.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

It's the gene pro instructions that say not to microwave. Not sure why, I believe I read somewhere it will lose the nutrients. There are many topics on the real value of Protein. I log it as 30. I typically have a cooked egg white about an hour after I finish my genpro coffee.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Thanks I have to contact them or see if I could find that cuz I've been nuking it, and I definitely don't want to lose nutrients.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App