Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The need to eat until stuffed

Im so glad i could help! I love the support here. I really need someone to talk to, I'm talking my boyfriend's ear off lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

What I ate today wasn't that that. The only thing I ate that was bad carbs was the multigrain flat bread from subway and I ate HALF of a 6 in. I didn't eat a fruit roll up I had sugar free fruit Snacks that had nothing to them the meatloaf I MYSELF made was a low carb recipe I got from my friends mother who has the same surgery years ago. Which I only had 4oz of. I might not be hitting my Protein and I more than likely should of went to my dietician than this Bariatric"pal" app. But I have NO support anywhere. I'm trying what I can. It seems like a lot of people have a dietician they can call the office I went to is an HOUR and a HALF away from me and when I went threw my 6 month visit I seen THREE DIFFERENT dieticians. Which all gave me different things for BEFORE surgery. Not one of them talked to me about AFTER I figured coming here would be some help not calling out my flaws. Yeah I get it I don't eat enough protein I barley eat carbs. Just because I had 3 bites of oatmeal and a HAlF a 6 in you want to call me out saying "not according to the day you listed above" when first off you didn't even list the **** I ate from my fitness pal appropriately.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wait, whuuuuuuuut?? You asked for advice and support and @@jenn1 was VERY gracious and supportive in her answer to you yet you choose to get snarky with her?

She was SPOT ON and you are being defensive for no good reason that I can see. Either you want help or you don't. Seems to me like you are in that group that wants to come here and ask questions but also wants to put down and reject the honest, factual feedback that you originally asked for.

Looks like another one for the block list.

maybe you are stretching it. you said you feel the need to eat until stuffed. well, that could potentially be a problem. also i think you should avoid carbs more. less than 50g should be your goal! i think you should start by making sure you're tracking EVERYTHING. you say you are- but like realllly track EVERYTHING. and then make sure youre hitting your Protein goal and under your carb goals for the day. losing 2lb in 3 months... yeah somethings really off & makes no sense. that's also messed up about your dietician and surgeon lacking support/communication with you. smh :/

Edited by pleezeSleeve

@@pleezeSleeve I've been tracking everything to the last bone I'm starting to see where I've been messing up I made an appointment with my dietician for Tuesday so hopefully she can help me with something and working around my work schedule. But I am definitely getting less than 50g of carbs I would say it's around 30-35 a day which I think is still high. I just need to find certain foods that are lower in carb. I only get about 46% of Protein I also need help understanding the my fitness pal no one has explained it to me nor do I know if I have all the stuff in there right. I'm just hoping this visit Tuesday helps me

THATS GOOD!!! im glad you made an appointment! It should help! and girl if you need help with the app, I can help you.

Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Remember the scene with "fish are friends, not food!" Well, right now, fish are your friends, AND food. tuna fish is great, it's filling, and has ZERO fat and ZERO carbs (get the stuff in Water, not oil). For dinner tonight - 0 carbs, 0 fat, 26 Protein, and only 120 calories! I added some lite mayo, 1 carb, 3.5 fat, 0 Protein, 35 calories. Also put 1 oz of shredded cheese on top just for taste, 1 carb, 9 fat, 6 protein, 110 calories. Healthy, protein-rich, low carb, low fat, low cal, and I was stuffed at the end. Very filling.

If you're craving bread, I've heard good things about a cauliflower crust pizza - just make the base and don't put any toppings on if you don't want, and you've got a bread-like snack that's much healthier.

For several days in a row I had homemade chicken salad. I put 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot with some low sodium chicken broth and a little barbecue sauce for taste. Next morning they were really soft. Ground them up in the food processor, add some some lite mayo, sweet relish and mustard, and it's great! One 4.5 oz serving (are you ready for this?) - 0.5 carbs, 3.1 fat, 39 (!) protein, and 196 calories. That's half your protein in one meal. And it's filling too.

Just plan ahead, I know it's a cliche but if you don't plan to succeed you're planning to fail.

One last suggestion, I've been eating Shelly's Ricotta Bake almost every day (it's amazing) - one serving is 6.8 carbs, 12.5 fat, 16.3 protein, and 206 calories.

You can do it, just remember why you got the surgery in the first place. Nothing worthwhile is easy, just tell yourself that you WILL do it.

Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Remember the scene with "fish are friends, not food!" Well, right now, fish are your friends, AND food. tuna fish is great, it's filling, and has ZERO fat and ZERO carbs (get the stuff in Water, not oil). For dinner tonight - 0 carbs, 0 fat, 26 Protein, and only 120 calories! I added some lite mayo, 1 carb, 3.5 fat, 0 Protein, 35 calories. Also put 1 oz of shredded cheese on top just for taste, 1 carb, 9 fat, 6 protein, 110 calories. Healthy, protein-rich, low carb, low fat, low cal, and I was stuffed at the end. Very filling.

If you're craving bread, I've heard good things about a cauliflower crust pizza - just make the base and don't put any toppings on if you don't want, and you've got a bread-like snack that's much healthier.

For several days in a row I had homemade chicken salad. I put 4 chicken breasts in a crockpot with some low sodium chicken broth and a little barbecue sauce for taste. Next morning they were really soft. Ground them up in the food processor, add some some lite mayo, sweet relish and mustard, and it's great! One 4.5 oz serving (are you ready for this?) - 0.5 carbs, 3.1 fat, 39 (!) protein, and 196 calories. That's half your protein in one meal. And it's filling too.

Just plan ahead, I know it's a cliche but if you don't plan to succeed you're planning to fail.

One last suggestion, I've been eating Shelly's Ricotta Bake almost every day (it's amazing) - one serving is 6.8 carbs, 12.5 fat, 16.3 protein, and 206 calories.

You can do it, just remember why you got the surgery in the first place. Nothing worthwhile is easy, just tell yourself that you WILL do it.

awesome info!!! thanks!

@@nnagle323

@@pleezeSleeve I've been tracking everything to the last bone I'm starting to see where I've been messing up I made an appointment with my dietician for Tuesday so hopefully she can help me with something and working around my work schedule. But I am definitely getting less than 50g of carbs I would say it's around 30-35 a day which I think is still high. I just need to find certain foods that are lower in carb. I only get about 46% of Protein I also need help understanding the my fitness pal no one has explained it to me nor do I know if I have all the stuff in there right. I'm just hoping this visit Tuesday helps me

Here is a link for a myfitness pal tutorial. You might find a better tutorial if you google:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qecOTWgaYRM&t=50s

(note) Your goals/macro nutrients will need to be set for your bariatric diet. Check with your dietician for your macro goals

example : Goals are set at 1100 calories 50% Protein 15% carbohydrates - 35% fats

@@erica_ozzy73 I'm starting to think a lot of it is all about self control. I can eat 4oz of a Protein filled meal and be stuffed then an hour later I catch myself wanting to eat more. I use to do that a lot before surgery I would eat and eat and eat and not feel completely full satisfied. I'm starting to get the same feeling. Not satisfied after an hour. Just make sure you get Protein in and drink lots of Water. It was a struggle today to stop thinking about food and wanting more. I think we all struggle with that esp after surgery. Foods an addiction and knowing you have a lunch or food you left over from not being able to eat it all has a lot to do with it, atleast for me. I've found that out today.