Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@goldenbarbie

No need to ask anyone one permission for what you choose to eat. Your an adult. You have the information from your surgeon's office to work your plan. You are the only one that has to be happy with your weight loss outcome.

Yes I'm cleared for all foods! ........all foods or solid foods?

Called my surgeon he said it's fine, but to still focus on the Protein shakes as well. So I'll be having my pb&j shortly emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji119.png

You have asked:

Has anyone had banana pudding about 2 1/2 weeks post opp? My mom made some and I was wondering if a spoonful or two would hurt my sleeve

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve?

I'm a bit confuse on why you are asking if its ok -----?? Several times. You seem to already have the answers you're looking for.

No need to ask any of us permission on what you should eat. This is between you and your surgeon.

I find it very interesting how different Dr. allow different foods at different phases. I'm 3 weeks out (second phase). I'll be on phase 2 for the next 4 weeks. I'm on mushy food only. I guess it's all okay considering I had foot surgery two wks prior to my sleeve surgery, so I can't walk pounds off. I'm currently down 30 pounds. Pb& J not for a long time.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Once you are cleared for all foods by your surgeon, there's nothing you can't try. You can choose foods that are compatible with weight loss or not. If you can keep losing weight while eating that many carbs then more power to you!

Personally, I never indulged in non nutritive stuff like bread or jam until at least 18 months out. I figured no sense sabotaging myself until I at least reached goal. And even now a PB&J would be pretty low on my list of foods to eat. But again, that is MY choice and certainly doesn't have to be yours.

@@goldenbarbie

No need to ask anyone one permission for what you choose to eat. Your an adult. You have the information from your surgeon's office to work your plan. You are the only one that has to be happy with your weight loss outcome.

Yes I'm cleared for all foods! ........all foods or solid foods?

Called my surgeon he said it's fine, but to still focus on the Protein shakes as well. So I'll be having my pb&j shortly emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji119.png

You have asked:

Has anyone had banana pudding about 2 1/2 weeks post opp? My mom made some and I was wondering if a spoonful or two would hurt my sleeve

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve?

I'm a bit confuse on why you are asking if its ok -----?? Several times. You seem to already have the answers you're looking for.

No need to ask any of us permission on what you should eat. This is between you and your surgeon.

I know what I posted. You said that already....... thanks

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by goldenbarbie

Once you are cleared for all foods by your surgeon, there's nothing you can't try. You can choose foods that are compatible with weight loss or not. If you can keep losing weight while eating that many carbs then more power to you!

Personally, I never indulged in non nutritive stuff like bread or jam until at least 18 months out. I figured no sense sabotaging myself until I at least reached goal. And even now a PB&J would be pretty low on my list of foods to eat. But again, that is MY choice and certainly doesn't have to be yours.

Thanks

Aww that makes me feel worse but okay. Thanks for the encouragement.

Eat a 1/4 inch of a square for me

The 7th so far I've lost 38 pounds which was surprising but don't worry to much you will deff drop the weight sooner than later

Lmaooo I'm sorry but don't babe!!! Everything will work out

What about making a pb&j Protein shake instead? We have a juice bar near my house that does them, I took a sip of my nephews and it was pretty good. I'm sure from the juice bar it was loaded with tons of sugar and crap but I was thinking of making one myself with frozen strawberries, PB2 and some Protein powder.

Pinterest has tons of fun stuff to try that's alternative to the calories and carbs too. like cloud bread that has no carbs with whipped pb and sugar free jelly, that might curve your craving without indulging too too much.

I wouldn't make a habit of pb&j but making it less calorific might help so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of a treat once in a while.

What about making a pb&j Protein shake instead? We have a juice bar near my house that does them, I took a sip of my nephews and it was pretty good. I'm sure from the juice bar it was loaded with tons of sugar and crap but I was thinking of making one myself with frozen strawberries, PB2 and some Protein Powder.< /p>

Pinterest has tons of fun stuff to try that's alternative to the calories and carbs too. like cloud bread that has no carbs with whipped pb and sugar free jelly, that might curve your craving without indulging too too much.

I wouldn't make a habit of pb&j but making it less calorific might help so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself of a treat once in a while.

Be careful with those frozen strawberries! I personally wasn't allowed anything with little seeds until I was 6 months post op. Great idea for sure, but check with your surgeon.

At this point your stomach is likely healed enough for you to tolerate a PB&J. So you can eat it, but as to whether you should, that really depends on how you make it and your overall dietary choices. Dollops of sugar-laden jelly with processed Peanut Butter on two pieces of white bread isn't a healthy option, but there are other ways to make a PB&J that are more nutritious and will have less of an impact, especially if your other meals are high in Protein and lower in carbs. I always make PB&Js when I'm flying because I've been in too many situations where I've gotten stuck on planes for long time periods. (That just happened last week, actually, when I was stuck on a plane for 8 hours due to the shooting in Florida). I get Peanut Butter from Whole Foods that is freshly made and lower in carbs. There's also a terrific New Zealand brand that I love called Pic's that is really low in carbs and tastes terrific, but it's been harder to find it lately. I'll add a tiny bit of low sugar jam. This past time I made it with Lingonberry jam that has 8 carbs for a tablespoon serving, but used less than a teaspoon. I put it on bread that is higher in Fiber and Protein, like Ezekiel's, and I cut it in half and make it into two servings instead of one. For a while that had been my go-to lunch when I was incredibly pressed for time. I had a healthy Breakfast and dinner, and exercised faithfully, so I still made my goals.

Maybe you should spend some time learning nutrition instead of trolling the African American thread.

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve? Of course it'll be one slice of bread cut in half I can't eat a whole sandwich but I was wondering if anyone has had it???? Just concerned about it being sticky etc. thanks and please don't leave any negative comments. :)

I'm glad you called and checked with your doctor- that is generally the best bet. Beyond that, as someone else suggested, maybe try PB2. One serving has 45 calories, but 5g of Protein. Regular Peanut Butter has too much sugar and even 40 months post-op it still makes me sick. I get hot, sweaty, and breathe fast, which was way worse right after surgery, so PB& J wasn't something I had near the start. I do sometimes have half of one now, or even a Smuckers Uncrustable, which is just enough to hit my sweet tooth, but not enough that it makes me feel sick or that it totally kills my day in calories. If you find that the regular Peanut Butter doesn't work for you, PB2 tastes really good, is not terrible for you, and it also goes really great in a Protein shake.

Maybe you should spend some time learning nutrition instead of trolling the African American thread.

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve? Of course it'll be one slice of bread cut in half I can't eat a whole sandwich but I was wondering if anyone has had it???? Just concerned about it being sticky etc. thanks and please don't leave any negative comments. :)

"Trolling an African American thread" ...... what type of idiot are you? I asked a question in a thread which I am allowed to do..... oh I'm sorry was that not ok because I'm not fully African American? Because my hair is long? Because I have a nice light complexion? HAHAHAHAH please shut the f*ck up

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by goldenbarbie

Im almost 3 weeks out and pb&j would absolutely kill me. No way i would eat bread or thing thick and sticky.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

So you're almost 3 weeks out, good for you! How is your comment relevant to my post and question?

You can't relate because you're not there yet and it seems like your stomach isn't anywhere near healed yet since you said "would absolutely kill me" and you are still in week 2 .... good luck

What about making a pb&j Protein shake instead? We have a juice bar near my house that does them, I took a sip of my nephews and it was pretty good. I'm sure from the juice bar it was loaded with tons of sugar and crap but I was thinking of making one myself with frozen strawberries, PB2 and some Protein powder.

Thank you that's a wonderful idea

At this point your stomach is likely healed enough for you to tolerate a PB&J. So you can eat it, but as to whether you should, that really depends on how you make it and your overall dietary choices. Dollops of sugar-laden jelly with processed Peanut Butter on two pieces of white bread isn't a healthy option, but there are other ways to make a PB&J that are more nutritious and will have less of an impact, especially if your other meals are high in Protein and lower in carbs. I always make PB&Js when I'm flying because I've been in too many situations where I've gotten stuck on planes for long time periods. (That just happened last week, actually, when I was stuck on a plane for 8 hours due to the shooting in Florida). I get Peanut Butter from Whole Foods that is freshly made and lower in carbs. There's also a terrific New Zealand brand that I love called Pic's that is really low in carbs and tastes terrific, but it's been harder to find it lately. I'll add a tiny bit of low sugar jam. This past time I made it with Lingonberry jam that has 8 carbs for a tablespoon serving, but used less than a teaspoon. I put it on bread that is higher in Fiber and Protein, like Ezekiel's, and I cut it in half and make it into two servings instead of one. For a while that had been my go-to lunch when I was incredibly pressed for time. I had a healthy Breakfast and dinner, and exercised faithfully, so I still made my goals.

Haha thank you! Yes I get majority of my things from Whole Foods as well