Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need guidance transitioning out of LB jeans. Who is comparable?

Hi! I absolutely adore the Lane Bryant T3 straight leg, bootcut, and flair jeans that they carry. I wear those jeans from sizes 22, currently in a 16, and bought on sale over the Black Friday sales the 14s, but once I am out of those sizes (yay!), what brand is comparable? I love the tummy support, stretch, and softness of the T3 line of jeans.

Has anyone found a brand/cut that is comparable to point me towards? I don't do skinny jeans -- way too much cellulite to ever look good in them, but the LB T3 straights fit me like a skinny jeans, without sucking me in like a sausage.

Thanks!

I love Women In Control on QVC ... never thought I would buy pants from a TV station -- but these are nice.

http://www.qvc.com/fashion/pants/women-with-control/_/N-13jt0Z1z13j0h/c.html?limit=96&ro=lgltZ1z13j0hZ13jt0&navSrc=REFINE#plModule

I also like Not Your Daughter's Jeans

http://www.nydj.com/

Good Luck!!

those women with control pants are awesome!!! I actually also like the Dream Jeannes by Quacker Factory on QVC (I go for the less blingy ones) just order a size smaller than you think you need with those, they have so much stretch. And I just got a pair of the Isaac Mizrahi 24/7 pants at the QVC outlet near me - and the fit is awesome so those are worth a try too and he's doing a denim version of them now.

I love Women In Control on QVC ... never thought I would buy pants from a TV station -- but these are nice.

http://www.qvc.com/fashion/pants/women-with-control/_/N-13jt0Z1z13j0h/c.html?limit=96&ro=lgltZ1z13j0hZ13jt0&navSrc=REFINE#plModule

I also like Not Your Daughter's Jeans

http://www.nydj.com/

Good Luck!!

For me, I could not get out of them fast enough. About 6 months post op I walked into a Lucky Brand Jean store thinking I would just try a pair for fun and was shocked when I found that a 14 was too big and had to move to a 12 and then ultimately an 8.

They are the only jeans I buy. They are soft, and have movement to them. the more you wear them, the softer they get.

I was thrilled to cut up my Lane Bryant card. I still get mail from them and love to run it through the shredder. LOL

I'm with @Djmohr....Lucky jeans are fantastic! I like the Lolita skinny and the Sweet and Straight/Sweet Boot styles the best. Their skinny jean, ime, isn't skin tight...it's just close to my leg, perfect for wearing with flats, booties and tucking into knee boots and wellies. It's really the perfect jean for me. They also have a legging jean that's VERY snug when/if you want that style.

I also like Vince Camuto, they're soft and yummy feeling with lots of stretch. As I've lost weight and have more skin to contain than fat, though, I find myself reaching for the Luckys more often...the VCs are almost too stretchy plus I'm really a size smaller than the pair I have.

I used to religiously wear Chicos jeans...not the Platinum denim, but the other style (can't remember the name). Very high stretch, with a stitched panel incorporated into the front/pocket area that holds you in a bit. They also come in 2 lengths, which is nice. I'm not a huge fan of Not Your Daughter's Jeans, except for their crops for summer. I think they're WAY overpriced and stretch out too much, but I have friends who love them! Once I get to goal in about 30 lbs, I'm going to treat myself to a couple of pairs of pricey selvage or Japanese denim jeans. I've always loved Hudson and Paige denim, but they didn't make a size big enough for my formerly fat ass :)

@@Heather I I absolutly love the jeans at Maurice's.... they fit great and you can't beat the prices. Most of the time they have a buy one get one half price..... I can walk out of there with two jean... a fitting pair and a smaller "goal" size for under $40

I'm with @bayougirlmrsc. In the past, I wore LB jeans then shrunk out of them and went to Maurices. I love them!

Of course, I grew out of them again and just basically refused to spend money on fat clothes again, so I live in leggings. Lol. Short dresses and leggings hide the many sins of my body and look cute/sexy. However, when I decide to buy jeans again, I'll be heading to Maurices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I agree with the two above... most of my wardrobe is from Maurice's! Love their jeans and their dress pants ( and tops and accessories... [emoji12])

Okay, first, thank you all for the suggestions!

I've been researching all of the brands in between Christmas mayhem. The Women in Control pants look lovely on QVC, but I'm not loving the finish/coloring of the jeans -- but now I know where to find slacks -- so thank you for that!

Lucky jeans DO look awesome, but there's no store near me. The Lolita line looks promising for my shape (total pear with a booty.) Any tips for preferred cuts for my shape? I'm 5'8" and very bubble butt/heavy thighs -- but then thin from the knee down with a tiny waist. Kim Kardashian-ish, minus the butt implants. I'm not totally disproportionate.

Maurice's looks awesome! I have never heard of this store! I'm in the Northeast, so they are not near me (to my knowledge, anyway.) Any preferred style/cut? Do they run true to size? Any good stretch?

I'm going to investigate the Vince Camuto, and Hudson and Paige Denim are only available online for me -- no retail outlets. I don't mind buying online once I find something I like and can reorder it, but I hate totally going in blind with no chance to try them on first.

I'll check out Chico's, too. That we have stores nearby of.

Saga continues!

For your shape in Lucky denim, I think you could try the Lolita Skinny. It's definitely a sexy, curvy fit and a very forgiving jean. The Sweet and Straight/Boot has a leaner cut, IMO...more of a flat stomach/lean thigh fit. I feel GREAT in them but it's a fussier jean to wear.

Since you have to order them, try Zappos. Free 2-day shipping, free returns. I <3 them! They carry some Hudson and Paige denim as well.

Good luck and have fun with the smaller sizes!

I love Old Navy! They used to call it "Diva" now I think it's called "Curvy". I have wider hips and a smaller waist.

Old Navy has several other cuts based on how your body is. But they're inexpensive, last forever, come in shorts and longs. And you can get them on sale for 12-15 dollars. Oh, I forgot the different denim. Usually 4ish shades. I love the super dark wash.

Huge fan!!

Similar to Old Navy; Ann Taylor, Loft and Macy's (Style & Co brand) carry three different cuts of jeans based on your body shape. I find the latter to be a softer denim over Old Navy. They also offer 3 inseams to choose from though tall has to be ordered online. I recommend going to any one of these store and if their curvy fit works for you, then they will all work for you from these three stores.

A tip: curvy fit at AT and Loft is also called Julie and Kate fit.

Edited by erp

@@erp Ann Taylor quit using names for their jeans and now call them either 'curvy' or 'modern'. I liked it when they used the same names as their pants.

Calvin Kline. Never would have thought it. Have a similar shape and they size by waist and inseam Also they ave been less than 30 dollars t the outlet. LL Bean has good options too

Stella