Can't find any exercise I like!

19 posts in this topic

some days I think everyone finds it a challenge to get in exercise, that is just when you have to push yourself to do it. Once it becomes a habit things are much easier.

for now I am focusing on walking. I am doing a minimum of 10000 steps every day, no exceptions. plus I can do that while doing activities i enjoy like shopping or window shopping. my early christmas present was a treadmill so I can do it while watching the walking dead. Plus we just got a tread desk at work so now i do it while on conference calls etc.

Prior to surgery, I had a trainer and I ended up really loving powerlifting. Lifting weights was really fun for me. I also did mma style fighting with jui jitsu. I plan on going back to that once I've healed more.

Cardio kickboxing and boxing is also really fun.

I'd suggest getting a trainer that makes your workouts fun and to achieve small goals along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I want to look into hula hooping. The movements look a lot like belly dancing which is awesome for both exercise and confidence!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@sarahb309 My favorite exercises are pushing my luck and jumping to conclusions. :P Seriously, if you are looking for cheap, it is hard to beat walking. And if that gets to boring, try hiking over rough terrain, climbing, etc.

I have found that I can use my Xbox 360 (with the Kinect) and use the Sports games. With the Kinect you are the controller so you have to jump, squat, etc.

Also, I have a resistance band from when I went through PT for the arthritis in my shoulder and I found some exercises that I can do online.

If you're looking for a more social experience that mixes up workouts, there are lot of class-style places out there that are supposed to be very good. I've heard good things about Orange Theory and Pure Barre, both have lots of locations and look like they give you a very good workout. It takes the thought process out of it, just go in and do what they say. Someone else mentioned Zumba, I haven't tried it but my wife absolutely loves it.