Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Sydney?/

Hi Sades, I'm doing well, I'm allowed to start soft foods after the weekend so looking forward to having something to chew again. I have to go see Sarah again on 9/01 to discuss if I need a fill - haven't really been feeling hungry until yesterday which is why Sarah has said I can move onto soft foods. You seem to be doing well in the weight loss area too.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Merry to Christmas to all the bandsters and soon-to be bandsters as well

Danna

Hi Sades, I'm doing well, I'm allowed to start soft foods after the weekend so looking forward to having something to chew again. I have to go see Sarah again on 9/01 to discuss if I need a fill - haven't really been feeling hungry until yesterday which is why Sarah has said I can move onto soft foods. You seem to be doing well in the weight loss area too.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Merry to Christmas to all the bandsters and soon-to be bandsters as well

Danna

Thanks Danna. it's slowed up in the last couple of weeks but I'm still happy with it.

I have this horrible rash all over my body and face... my face is really swollen and I went to emergency last night and again today... I think it's a reaction to the antibiotics I was on or the Thai food I had... they're not sure. I was given 3 lots of meds to take... hope it clears up before Christmas.

Have a great Christmas & New Year.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your welcome, it feels great to be accepted!

I spoke with my husband this afternoon about having a lap-band. I hadn't mentioned it to him before and assumed he would just laugh at me or tell me just to eat less. I was suprised that he was so supportive of me and even offered to pay for it! I am very lucky, I guess.

Anyway, making an appointment to see Circle of Care (Dr Brancatisano), but will also look at the forums to see who others see and get some feedback.

Merry Christmas!

Jen

Good for you Jen! It's the absolute best decision I've ever made for my health (& all the other great stuff that goes with it - new body, confidence, clothes etc)

So happy for you that your dh is supportive! When I hit rock bottom last Christmas, & told my dh how unhappy & depressed I was over my weight, he was the one who actually suggested looking into lap-banding. I did my research online, & here I am this Christmas - 50kg down, close to goal, & dh getting a little 'jealous' when I get looks from other guys LOL:D

Good luck on your journey:)

I was banded by Dr B Jen. Had no probs but it is busy and on the $$$ side. Good for people who need a lot of extra services(dietician/psych/physio) and have time to go to the appointments. I was lucky that I work only 10 minutes away. Now I've moved, I'm finding it hard to go to my last few appointments.

Feebs 50kg in one year is my dream. I've lost just on 30kg in 6.5 months. I hope I make it to 50. I've heard the loss slows down a lot later however. How frequently to you get adjustments?

Thanks Feebs, the support from this forum has been excellent! I actually just had a reply from Dr Durmush's surgery, they can see me on the 3rd Jan, which is way before Dr B can see me (Feb). DH is very supportive, I am lucky! I am determined that 2008 is going to be my year - I've been on diets for over half of my 32 years and I've just had enough.

Hope it is as easy as everyone says it is - I can't get my head around not drinking diet coke, though!

Hi Insubordination, thanks for replying. Everyone has been very welcoming here, like our owned banded community! Yes, Dr B is expensive and I am a pretty busy person - I think I would find it hard to get to all those appointments!

Thanks Feebs, the support from this forum has been excellent! I actually just had a reply from Dr Durmush's surgery, they can see me on the 3rd Jan, which is way before Dr B can see me (Feb). DH is very supportive, I am lucky! I am determined that 2008 is going to be my year - I've been on diets for over half of my 32 years and I've just had enough.

Hope it is as easy as everyone says it is - I can't get my head around not drinking diet coke, though!

Greeneyez,

Not all Dr's stop you drinking diet coke although you won't be able to drink them for a few weeks after the surgery because of the gas from the op. I'm drinking local cordial at the moment, but I am looking forward to the end of January when I can try diet coke again.

Danna

Phew Danna! I can't live without the stuff! Guess I will have to get used to it and live through the caffeine withdrawals! Good luck with trying it again :whoo:

Hi Greeneyez,

Welcome! I had my band at the end of Aug 07 by Dr R Brancatisano and have so far lost a little over 20kgs. I am so happy with how things are going - I only wish I'd done it sooner! Good luck with your journey!

Nic:)

Hi Nic,

Thanks for that. I went to my GP yesterday and got a referral. The GP sounded very happy with Dr B and I've since found out that an old neighbour of mine (she's not old, but I haven't lived there for a while :rose: works for Dr B as a patient Liaison support person. She is really nice, so I'm even more happy I am going. (Her name is Margaret). I can't wait now, I'm so excited and wish I had done it sooner.

HI Danna, Nikki and feebs,

I have decided to go with a surgeon closer to work (across the road!). He also has a gym at his rooms, with free access. All the extras that Dr B has, but optional.

I"m being banded at Holroyd Private on 15th Jan. No pre-op diet, praise the lord!

Hope you had a lovely New Years,

Jen

Hi Jen,

Congrats on making the decision.

The 15th will be here before you know it!!!

What a great way to start 2008.

Good luck with everything. Let me know how you go!

All the best

Nic:clap2:

Hey Jen,

You'll have no excuse not to exercise will you - wish there was a gym across the road from me, but I will probably join She at Wynyard Station as I have to go through there of a morning to get to work.

The 15th will be here before you know it. Don't forget to stock up on all your post-op needs before then, and get things like changing sheets done before you go into hosp as there is no way you'll be able to do things like that for a while.

Good luck

Danna

HI Danna,

I've already written a list of things to do this week. Lucky my annual leave started yesterday - I was so glad I could fit my surgery in before I have to go back to work. I have 2 weeks off post op, so I should be ok. I had to buy pyjamas of all things! What did you eat/suck in the liquid phase?

No, I can't not go to the gym with my surgeon behind the wall!