Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Sydney?/

Hi All I'm in Sydney...

was wondering if there are any support networks here in Sydney at all for those having or have got de lap band?????

Would also love to here from those in Sydney who have had great doctors do the band etc?

regards,

M:)

Hi,

Dr Taylor at Ashfield did my sugery 1 month ago at the Sydney Private Hospital. Fantastic support and very kind and friendly. Go for my first fill on Tuesday, looking foward to more weight coming off.

Hi,

Dr Taylor at Ashfield did my sugery 1 month ago at the Sydney Private Hospital. Fantastic support and very kind and friendly. Go for my first fill on Tuesday, looking foward to more weight coming off.

ok sounds great - may i ask how much did it cost and which health incsurance co u went thru.

ashfield is close to me.

i rang the sydney obesity clinic in sydney - not sure where they are.

They sent me a huge information package with dv looks very professional.

regards M

Hi Striver,

Have you contacted the groups on Yahoo. In case you haven't I have included their links Lap Band Surgery - Health Message Boards

This is an Australia wide group and

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SydBand/messages

This is a Sydney based group.

I'm from Brookvale (Northern Beaches). I'm not banded yet but am scheduled to see Dr Liebman at North Shore Weight Loss Surgery. They are based at North Shore Pvt - right next door to RNSH at St Leonards.

If you join either of the above groups there are dozens of people that will be able to help you.

Danna

hi thanks so much i have joined up to the yahoo group and the yahoo message board looks daunting but i will keep and eye on it for information. Thanks for your help.

regards M:)

Dr Taylor an SOIS are in Sydney Private hospital in ashfield close to the poilce station, just of the Hume Highway (Liverpool Rd) I have private health insurance- NSW Teachers Federation fund and paid 6500 up front. Received about 1000 back from Medicare and another 350 or so from the health fund. Out of pocket expenses was 5150. Worth every cent.

Mrs Gaspo

mrs gaspo thanks that is close im in the bass hill area so ashfield is not to far - how long ago did u have your surgery? How was after care service and do u return to them for refills etc?

kind regards m

Hi there, I'm also in Sydney and had my band around 4 weeks ago. I had Dr Roy Brancatisano at circle of care in baulkham hills. He and his support team have been wonderful. I know they have several clinics in Sydney. If you want to check out their website, it is Home | Circle of Care

Good luck

Nikki

Bass Hill- I'm originally from Georges Hall! Had surgery August 10th. Waited 3 weeks after consultation to have surgery. Hospital staff were amazing and very kind and helpful. My first follow up was 10 days after surgery. Had lost about 5.5 kg in first 10 days. Was originally 106 and would like to get to 75. Dr Taylor is great and so too are the support people you see. Maria and Anna at the front desk of the office are wonderful and so too is the nurse who is associated with the practice. I'm so pleased with the after support. Went for 1st fill last Tuesday and when weighed was down another 3.5 kg. Hopefully the 1st fill will allow for more weight loss but it appears to be slow. Second fill is in 3 weeks. I'm in no rush. Good luck with making decisions- I would never change my experiences at Ashfield- the best thing I have ever done for myself, except for having my 2 children.

Keep in touch, Mrs Gaspo

Striver, of the 3 people I know that have had it done at Circle of care- all three are having problems of some sort. When investigating, have a closer look at the bands and how big they are. It appears that different doctors use different bands and it might make the difference. I know of one person who has her band completely full and is unable to get another fill. She is nowhere near her goal weight. She may need re surgery.. Just from experience and watching my mother have her banding done 3 years ago at SOIS (and getting to goal and staying at it) for me it was 'better the devil you know.'

Mrs Gaspo

Hi Striver, I'm from Sydney and in the process of getting a band at RNS Private Hospital. I have a meeting with Dr Steve Liebman tomorrow and believe from there should get a surgery date. He is Dr Garrett Smith's colleague. Apparently they do the surgery together. Anyway, will keep you posted on how I go. Have you had your surgery yet?

Hi all,

I'm from South West Sydney and started looking into lap-band. I've tried everything from shakes, pills, Gloria Marshall, SureSlim, Lite n Easy, WW - you name it!

I"m looking for a surgeon in Sydney if anyone has one they can recommend....I have private health insurance and just can't wait to be young again.:help:

Hi all,

I'm from South West Sydney and started looking into lap-band. I've tried everything from shakes, pills, Gloria Marshall, SureSlim, Lite n Easy, WW - you name it!

I"m looking for a surgeon in Sydney if anyone has one they can recommend....I have private health insurance and just can't wait to be young again.:help:

Hi Greeneyez and welcome,

I'm not sure about surgeons from your area, but I'm sure someone will come on line later today that will be able to help you. I'm from the Manly area and I was banded at North Shore Pvt on 3/12/07 so am a fairly new bandit myself.

Danna

Hi Greeneyez, I'm from Sydney and was also banded by the doctors at the Nth Shore WLS. I am now 7 weeks out and have lost 12.6 kilos... very happy with the result so far. Good luck with your search for a doctor.

Hi Danna, how are things going? You look like you're losing well.