Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband says he doesn't like skinny women...WTH!

Yes he does... I am now like 2 1/2 weeks out almost 3 and I'm down to 199 lbs... surgery weight was 219 lbs. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to regain good health. My highest weight was 242 lbs and a laundry list of health problems not to mention depression. But to God be the glory because he afforded this opportunity to me and I have a new lease on life. This has not been a walk in the park for me but I would have done it 3 times over. I feel like I'm going to reach my goal of 150 and I can't wait. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Stay blessed.

Thank you for encouragement. My bible tells me that my God will never leave me or forsake me. So as long as that is true, I'm alone physically yes but God has this all in his hands. I'm noticing strength that I didn't notice before in myself. It hurts but hay, I will be okay sooner than later.

I went through the same thing with my Daughter dad great fully when he proposed to me I didn't accept him as my husband I end up leaving him because I realize I'm doing this for me and my daughter I be damn if any one option stop me or cant accept my decision .so yea I totally agree do what make you happy after all you have to live with you not everyone else my mom does it too sometimes I feel alone but I read my Bible for strength in I keep on pushing baby

. God bless

Sent from my Z981 using the BariatricPal App

Yes and His hands will always have you. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.

My husband couldn't understand how much pain I constantly was in and why I stopped wanting to go out. Then he went with me to the consultation with the surgeon and then a few weeks after he surprised me and took me out for a night in the town but he saw how hard it was for me to walk. A lightbulb went off.

At 5'5 and 237 lbs I hide my weight well but how I feel is a different story. sleep apnea, PCOS and Fibromyalgia are all my new normal, but after turning 40 last month I refuse to live like this anymore. 2/6/17 I will be sleeved. I have always struggled and yoyo dieting so much from WL plans to pills to pills and plans.

I'm praying for you honey because marriage is hard work! But Gods got that too!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey Lady, Happy Holidays! You have been on my mind and I thought I would check back to see how you were doing. Looks like you are doing awesomeeeeeee! lol

I have completed everything and still waiting for slow pokes to submit to the insurance company. I am still trying to drop some pounds before hand anyway.

Keep up the good work and have a blessed, prosperous, healthy, & peaceful New Year!

Yes he does... I am now like 2 1/2 weeks out almost 3 and I'm down to 199 lbs... surgery weight was 219 lbs. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to regain good health. My highest weight was 242 lbs and a laundry list of health problems not to mention depression. But to God be the glory because he afforded this opportunity to me and I have a new lease on life. This has not been a walk in the park for me but I would have done it 3 times over. I feel like I'm going to reach my goal of 150 and I can't wait. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Stay blessed.

Hi @ Chel1... thanks for thinking of me. I'm going well with the weight loss yes but more importantly I'm doing great emotionally. I feel good about myself and my choice to have this surgery. I have times where it's not that easy ( like when I have nausea or can't poop) but I put my big girl panties on and I press forward with Gods help.

The insurance companies are slow as molasses. They don't speed up for anyone.. I pray for your approval and again thanks for keeping me on your mind. Keep in touch.

Hey Lady, Happy Holidays! You have been on my mind and I thought I would check back to see how you were doing. Looks like you are doing awesomeeeeeee! lol

I have completed everything and still waiting for slow pokes to submit to the insurance company. I am still trying to drop some pounds before hand anyway.

Keep up the good work and have a blessed, prosperous, healthy, & peaceful New Year!

The something else that people seem to alluding to that is going on in your marriage. Is something I am familiar with, when a man says "baby I love you just the way you are" and we become bamboozled by this (yes I said we) and ignore what we really want. We want to lose the weight, we want to be healthy and strong, but we fall for the BS of their insecurites, and their sabotage of our efforts. Now it's critical and it is a matter of life and death and you have chosen to be proactive, stick to your decision and find a support group. I know it's hard looking at a break up after 20 years, but DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE BREAKDOWN OF YOUR MARRIAGE. Because that will be next. Prepare yourself and don't succumb to the pressure. Praying for your continued success in your weight loss.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I would be what I've already lost plus his amount of weight down too cause his ass would be out tha door. So sick of broke down busted dusty ass men wanting to talk to and treat us anyway they feel and think we are supposed to suck it up aw hell no wait until I get down a little more and start my strength training I just wish one would I WILL BOPP THE HELL OUTEM....

For years I have felt so bad about myself and I have repeatedly felt that my low self esteem was a direct result of me feeling that I let myself go. I did ignore my weight because my hubby kept saying you look good I like you thick and with curves. Until I really took a look at myself inside and out and I was so mad that I let myself get to that point. Then my health started taking a toll on me. I said bump this I am having this surgery and it still took me almost 5 years to do it from that point. Health became worse and I said now is the time. My husband tried to make me feel bad for doing this surgery. I was said to be vain n I want to look like a skinny white girl and I'm doing this for attention from men( as if I wasn't worthy to look at at 242 lbs) just everything was said to me by him. I pressed forward and my 20 year old son went with me to have my surgery and was there for me the whole time. He was an angel.

Now that I have had the surgery, my husband doesn't say much about it. He tells me I look nice ( I have lost total 44 lbs preop and post op) I am delighted with my second chance at life. If it's in gods plan that I end up alone so be it. I know his insecurities are gonna kick in at some point with the more weight that I lose . If he leaves because of his insecurities, then he will lose the best thing that has ever happened to him. I would never accept responsibility if our marriage fails because I took control of my life by becoming healthier and happier.

The something else that people seem to alluding to that is going on in your marriage. Is something I am familiar with, when a man says "baby I love you just the way you are" and we become bamboozled by this (yes I said we) and ignore what we really want. We want to lose the weight, we want to be healthy and strong, but we fall for the BS of their insecurites, and their sabotage of our efforts. Now it's critical and it is a matter of life and death and you have chosen to be proactive, stick to your decision and find a support group. I know it's hard looking at a break up after 20 years, but DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE BREAKDOWN OF YOUR MARRIAGE. Because that will be next. Prepare yourself and don't succumb to the pressure. Praying for your continued success in your weight loss.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Dknal2

@ scipiobabe... I get the feeling you will bop someone , lol ????????????. Thank you for saying I am beautiful, I appreciate it. I also agree that we as women take way too much from men and we shouldn't . This process has taught me that I am stronger than I realized. I'm very grateful for that.

I wish us both success on this Weightloss journey and if my husband act up and decided to leave me, well that will be his lost.

Dknal2 you are beautiful from the inside out there are other fish in the sea let's get to swimming girl because we are going to hook them sexy make fish like real bait I got yo back

That's great for you.????????

My husband is supportive of whatever decision I also met him about 130 I'm 5,2 I'm now 240 he supports whatever decision but I think he likes me bigger weird but he seems to love the extra weight.

I know that he probably is due to comments he has made. I have lived a good portion of my life putting myself on the back burner trying tonmake sure everyone else is ok. But now it's time to take care of me and that's what I have done . You know what, it feels pretty good to say that I did what was in my best interest for me to do and whoever doesn't like it ..... Oh well ????????

He's insecure. He's worried you're going to find more confidence in yourself. You do what's best for you.

My advocate called Thursday 29th and told me she submitted...called the next day Friday 30th & told me I was approved and she has never seen them approve so fast. #WontHeDoIt

Hi @ Chel1... thanks for thinking of me. I'm going well with the weight loss yes but more importantly I'm doing great emotionally. I feel good about myself and my choice to have this surgery. I have times where it's not that easy ( like when I have nausea or can't poop) but I put my big girl panties on and I press forward with Gods help.
The insurance companies are slow as molasses. They don't speed up for anyone.. I pray for your approval and again thanks for keeping me on your mind. Keep in touch.

Yaasssssss girl .... so happy for you. You will soon join the ranks of fellow sleevers of the world, lol. It's tough at first but press through it with prayer and discipline. I am so happy for your approval. What a great present for the new year. Now go out n but you something like 3 sizes or so too small and make that your short term goal as a treat to yourself once you drop some weight. That's what I did and I look at it all the time and say I'm coming for you. Hopefully by march I can fit it, lol ????. Keep me posted and if I can help with any questions send me a private message and I will be more than happy too.

My advocate called Thursday 29th and told me she submitted...called the next day Friday 30th & told me I was approved and she has never seen them approve so fast. #WontHeDoIt

Have you tried counseling together or having him join you at support group?

Has he gone to any Dr Appointments with you to hear about all of your health conditions? Maybe he needs to hear it from a medical professional.