Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Julie Kilgore - Nicholson Clinic - Plano, TX

Just wondering if anyone has been sleeved by Dr. Kilgore and what your experience was with her & this clinic. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-T350 using the BariatricPal App

I visited the Nicholson clinic and they were not very helpful to me, but they have a great reputation. I ended up figuring out that my insurance recommended the Center for Bariatric Excellence at Plano Presby. I had my surgery there with Dr. Hamn and couldn't be happier.

I hope someone else who have use Nicholson answers you!

I used this clinic but Dr Nicholson did my surgery. He was very excellent. I had no issues or problems whatsoever.

One nice thing is that when it's time for surgery they get all your meds overnighted to you.

I am thinking Dr Kilgore must be a bit newer to this practice, I know she wasn't there in 2014.

I had surgery at Baylor Hospital in Plano, which was amazing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I visited the Nicholson clinic and they were not very helpful to me, but they have a great reputation. I ended up figuring out that my insurance recommended the Center for Bariatric Excellence at Plano Presby. I had my surgery there with Dr. Hamn and couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much for your insight! I had looked into Drs. Hamn & Cribbins, as well. We're lucky in NTX with so many great options!

I used this clinic but Dr Nicholson did my surgery. He was very excellent. I had no issues or problems whatsoever.

One nice thing is that when it's time for surgery they get all your meds overnighted to you.

I am thinking Dr Kilgore must be a bit newer to this practice, I know she wasn't there in 2014.

Thank you so much for your review! I had a bad experience with Baylor Plano when I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago, so I will likely go with one of the other facilities use (hoping for Medical Center of Frisco, but I suppose it will depend on my insurance).

Thank you so much for your review! I had a bad experience with Baylor Plano when I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago, so I will likely go with one of the other facilities use (hoping for Medical Center of Frisco, but I suppose it will depend on my insurance).
That's cool, the other nice thing is that they offer a lot of choices as to which hospital to use!

Thank you so much for your insight! I had looked into Drs. Hamn & Cribbins, as well. We're lucky in NTX with so many great options!

I was sleeved 8/4 by Dr Cribbins, he did my mom on 9/4 and a good friend last week. Love him and his office!!! My mom and I did our research of docs before choosing him, including the Nicholson Clinic, Kim Bariatric and a few others. Drs Cribbins/Hamm came VERY highly recommended. Not to mention several of my patients saw them and had excellent experiences. Even my ortho said he wouldn't send him family to anytime but Cribbins/Hamm. They operate at either Plano Presbyterian or Baylor Frisco.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's cool, the other nice thing is that they offer a lot of choices as to which hospital to use!

Thanks again! :)

I was sleeved 8/4 by Dr Cribbins, he did my mom on 9/4 and a good friend last week. Love him and his office!!! My mom and I did our research of docs before choosing him, including the Nicholson Clinic, Kim Bariatric and a few others. Drs Cribbins/Hamm came VERY highly recommended. Not to mention several of my patients saw them and had excellent experiences. Even my ortho said he wouldn't send him family to anytime but Cribbins/Hamm. They operate at either Plano Presbyterian or Baylor Frisco.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you!

Thanks again! :)

>

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you!

I checked out Nicholson clinic about a year ago and had a bad experience. Also checked out Dr. Kim before going with Dr. Hamn. Dr. Hamn was the best. Ended up having a wonderful experience (sleeved 11/3/16) with him as well as his staff.

On 11/23/2016 at 6:21 AM, Pandorica217 said:

Just my 2 cents. emoji4.png

Hey, there! So, I've decided to go with Dr. Cribbins and am awaiting insurance approval (hopeful to hear something this week). We are shooting for a late May surgery date. Do you mind me asking how you are doing now?

Hey, there! So, I've decided to go with Dr. Cribbins and am awaiting insurance approval (hopeful to hear something this week). We are shooting for a late May surgery date. Do you mind me asking how you are doing now?

I'm doing great!! I'm down 70 from 225. Have had no issues. My loss has all been without exercise because I found out I had a hip issue about 6 weeks after my sleeve (which I had surgery for in January and am still in rehab for) so I wasn't allowed to do any real exercise. I'm still 30 from my goal but I was a size 18-20 and am an 8 now (would be smaller if it wasn't for my T&A) [emoji16]

24 minutes ago, Pandorica217 said:

I'm doing great!! I'm down 70 from 225. Have had no issues. My loss has all been without exercise because I found out I had a hip issue about 6 weeks after my sleeve (which I had surgery for in January and am still in rehab for) so I wasn't allowed to do any real exercise. I'm still 30 from my goal but I was a size 18-20 and am an 8 now (would be smaller if it wasn't for my T&A)

Amazing! Thanks so much for the update! I'm anxiously awaiting my surgery date! :)

Hope your hip is on the mend soon! You have had amazing results thus far. I'm sure once you are able to move around more, they will be even better.