Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did food funerals but I didn't have fatty liver or a pre op diet. I ate the way I normally did 1200 calories a day 60 grams of Protein a day. I just made sure I watched what I ate. I don't really count it as cheating I guess. I did what felt right to me. I have not had most of those foods yet because I haven't had the urge to eat them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I thought I was going to do several food funerals but I really didn't have the desire. My birthday was a couple of weeks before my surgery and we went out and had one nice meal, German food. It is very heavy food, fried meat, loads of carbs. It truly is something I may never eat again.

I only had to do an easy 3 day pre-op diet. My surgeon said I had the smallest liver he has ever seen, in fact I had one less incision because he did not have to use the liver retracting thing on me.

I say pick one nice meal and go have it before you start your pre-op diet.

I didn't do any food funerals.

Junk food hasn't been my friend, in fact it's been my nemesis. My poor choices in relation to this food have caused me a great deal of strife, so why would I Celebrate it?

I don't know what my "last supper" of bad food was. I made an effort, once my surgery was booked back in July, to clean up my eating habits.

I'm not counting on the surgery to fix my mental issues around food. Pigging out on junk food and fast food is disordered eating - it provides virtually no nutritional value, yet we continue to choose junk food over nutritious choices.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say goodbye to Chic-Fil-A waffle fries...

Went on Vacation in September ate pretty well came back started cutting down in October, Said good bye to food on 10/26 joined the gym have dropped 25lbs and I am not looking back surgery 11/29. Mind over matter think positive

I didn't do any food funerals.

Junk food hasn't been my friend, in fact it's been my nemesis. My poor choices in relation to this food have caused me a great deal of strife, so why would I Celebrate it?

I don't know what my "last supper" of bad food was. I made an effort, once my surgery was booked back in July, to clean up my eating habits.

I'm not counting on the surgery to fix my mental issues around food. Pigging out on junk food and fast food is disordered eating - it provides virtually no nutritional value, yet we continue to choose junk food over nutritious choices.

Some good points. But like I had said in my post above, I don't really see a correlation between food funerals and how successful people are post op. Of course, you can be successful and lose the weight and even keep it off and have disordered eating. Or at least SEE food in a disordered way.

How many of us have had food funerals? My pre op diet starts December 2nd so I have about 2 weeks left and mentally I'm like oh no I need to eat all my favorite foods! Chinese, Chipotle, pizza etc.... but my gut is telling me don't do it! So I'm curious how many people felt that way before that they needed to get all their favorites in before pre op and before this life change, and how many people actually gave in and ate those foods? Like yesterday I wasn't even hungry but I passed a chipotle and was like should I go in and get some?! I might never be able to again! and then I was like that is pathetic Marina don't think like that, your not even hungry, so don't eat! so I didn't go but it made me realize my relationship with food and that I'm literally almost scared of that fact that I won't be able to eat this stuff anymore, so I decided that instead of spending money on food, every time I wanna go buy and eat food I shouldn't instead of doing so I'm gonna stand my ground and put that money I would of spent on that food to the side and I'm gonna save up that money and set goals for myself of none relation food items I want and when I save enough money for that item I'm gonna reward myself for not giving into my head hunger, I know to some that might sound dumb but I personally know that will help this food addict over here, anyone else have tips on what helped them? Thanks everyone!

I have already been thinking that and I still have months before my surgery! It's like I'm sad I won't be able to stuff my face again at a buffet or cruise and it's like ending my life's favorite pass time. I totally get you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

@@Missymayor yes that is so how I'm feeling!!!!!! its a little pathetic but we all got to this point for a reason!

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say goodbye to Chic-Fil-A waffle fries...

im not ready!!! lol

One of the women in my pre surgery group admired to having a "last supper" almost every evening for 3 months. She gained 30 pounds...

I was planning one but only had 5 days between my pre surgery visit and my surgery. I decided that shrinking my liver was more important that shrimp scampi and coconut cream pie.

I was to wait for 3 months until I had a hole in my work schedule. My spouse started cooking immediately and started serving all this things he never thought I would be able to eat again. Then we went on vacation and I gained more weight. I was pretty disgusted with myself...and even wondered if my spouse was trying to sabotage me....

I lost it all plus my required on the pre-op diet. I thought about a famous last meal, but decided the "one more" philosophy is how I ended up in this mess. I did go out and have sushi the night before, but I kept it pretty tame. Just a little spicy tuna roll. No beer, nothing fried or creamed. You've got enough to worry about. Keep your eye on the prize.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You all are so right, my surgery is December 16th and a part of me is like how can you do this to yourself around the holidays! especially since in my family Christmas dinner is the best haha but then another part of me is like this shows how much you want it you could of asked for a different date but no you choose that one cause your sick of your weight and don't wanna wait anymore and your doing something about it so don't do anything to mess it up! my pre op diet starts December 2nd so i guess thanksgiving will technically be my last meal but in my head I'm already like don't be a pig have little portions of stuff and just one plate try to take control don't ruin it when your so close, i wasn't told i had to lose anything before surgery they did give me a phase one diet which was to help shrink the liver even more over these past couple months did i really follow that diet eh lol but i know the pre op diet will definitely be important to shrink my liver so i am definitely gonna follow that and not cheat but i don't wanna gain before then either by having "last suppers" all the time even though i really want them haha

Two people in my pre op class put off surgery till after the holidays even knowing that they would have to keep going to pre op classes and appointments. I don't get it.

Two people in my pre op class put off surgery till after the holidays even knowing that they would have to keep going to pre op classes and appointments. I don't get it.

thats crazy! pfft i wish i could but I'm not bettering myself by waiting and pushing it off to be able to eat whatever i want for the holidays

I had a last meal at my favourite pub before I started my 2 week pre surgery liquid diet. All my friends are super supportive, so we all went out to dinner together, then got silly on some bevvies. It was a good time, and I don't regret it. Looking back on that evening though what stands out to me was the company, not the food.