Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months post op and pregnant.. help.

I am 7 months post op from getting a gastric sleeve, this is my first pregnancy and I am freaking out!! I am worried about everything, so I am someone who needs advice in all areas. best prenatals, best foods to be eating... everything!!!

Whoa, sweetheart. You're fine. Take a deep breath before you give indigestion to your baby. If you're freaking now, I'll hate to see you once the new person is on the premises. That's the real freak-out. Pregnancy is a piece of cake by comparison.

The questions you're asking are the things to discuss with your obstetrician all along the way. Plenty of people here will share their experiences and advice, but your own obstetrician is your primary source. Sound familiar? Which reminds me, you'll run all this by your bariatric practice, too. It may be that the ob will want to speak with someone in the bari.

You're great. You're going to have someone new to love.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

Awww, congratulations! I had mine at 39 and 40, and aside from barfing 24/7 for two years straight, perfect pregnancies. Gestational diabetes kept me eating very bariatric friendly, and my friend LOST 40 lbs while pregnant following the gestational diet and had a very happy, healthy LARGE BABY.

They'll tell you no deli meat, sushi, booze, drugs, cigarettes, swordfish, raw meat, and limit tuna fish. Really, it's just common sense.

I'm thinking 7 months out you lost a large portion of your weight. Keep the diet healthy, eat small -- but often -- and drink your Water. You'll be fine!

Congratulations!

@@sydneysue14, oka-a-ay. It looks like @@Heather I has given you some good info. While you're waiting for your appt, see if the office can't give you more by phone. They may surprise you with a response.

All the best to you. Really, take it easy. Easy to say, of course, since you're the one who's pregnant and I'm not, but do try for a little calm. It alone will make a vast difference in the way you're feeling.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

You can take prenatal Vitamins now; generic are fine. Really, you only need an additional 300 calories a day for the baby -- starting in the 2nd trimester, so keep your diet healthy and balance, and it IS safe to keep losing lbs while pregnant in the first two trimesters. Obviously, don't limit yourself to 600 calories -- I'd think 1200-1500 would be fine to keep you going and the baby healthy.