Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT & BL on November 21!

Look at them TATA'S!!! BARBIE BOOBS> LOL You look pretty good my friend. Are you in a lot of pain? Congratulations on your continued journey!!!

Pain has been manageable until last night when I took a sip of Water and it went down the wrong pipe. I coughed and thought I would die. I could barely call my husband for help. He brought me a bag of frozen veggies and I fell asleep with it on me.

Besides that each day gets easier! I'm drinking lots of Protein drinks and Soup. I ate some turkey today which was yummy. I took another shower today but changing my dressings and getting in new garments completely wears me out. Drains come out Monday! Sooooo ready!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by KristenVSG2014

Meanwhile at my second post op appointment...

Nurse: Do you know how to wear this?

Kristen: Yes.

Nurse: OK. I'll leave you to it.

I lied. I really had no clue how to wear it.

post-233184-14803463292023_thumb.jpg

I got 3 of my 4 drains removed. Hurt like hell for 5 seconds each time. I'll get the last one out on Wednesday or Thursday this week when it is draining less than 20cc. She also told me to start taking breaks from my compression gear to help the Fluid disperse. She said I could walk up to 1/4 mile each day. Yay!

Yay! Onward and upward! And ok I give, how do you wear it?

It goes OVER the bra! I don't understand. They're going to pull it down and take everything off anyway. Why bother at all? I at least entertained my husband singing, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty...." from West Side Story.

It goes OVER the bra! I don't understand. They're going to pull it down and take everything off anyway. Why bother at all? I at least entertained my husband singing, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty...." from West Side Story.

Oh! Lol, yeah I don't see the point ha ha!

Makes an adorable skirt tho!

I got my last drain out yesterday. SO happy about that. It was starting to make me miserable since I went off pain meds Monday. I also noticed when I got home later I had bled through my shirt a little. My tape is beginning to wear off in some areas and on my vertical incision is a small area that bled. So I took a shower with soap and Water, dried off, put on some antibiotic ointment and gauze. This morning I removed the gauze. It had bled through about half of the gauze but not to the outside. I replaced it with a new piece of gauze but no more ointment since they said it is best to keep the incisions dry until they heal completely. I really really hope I don't have any others open. I know this is on the area with the most tension so I'm being extra careful not to put any extra tension there as it heals.

Edited by KristenVSG2014

I was so happy because I took a walk yesterday then a shower and put on a clean compression garment. A few hours later before going to sleep I went to the bathroom to pee and noticed I had blood all over my compression garment. When I lifted it my belly button had blood coming out of it so I cleaned it up, put Neosporin and gauze. This morning the gauze barely had any blood so I'm not worried about it but dang it now I have to treat this garment for blood AGAIN.

post-233184-14808627559291_thumb.jpg

HW 290+/SW 261/GW 160/CW 159

Hmmm lol I think I'm glad mine were black!

I find it funny that every time I eat a meal I get so tired I can't stay awake. I dealt with this for a long time after my sleeve surgery too. Every morning my eyes pop open at 4:30. I have coffee at 5:00, talk to my parents then get around to eating a meal around 8:00. Pass out at 8:30.

Since I'm two weeks out today I'll take some pics after my shower this afternoon and post them.

Keep it dry but also call the surgery and make sure your Doctor knows what's happening. Best to be safe than sorry

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

How are you doing @@KristenVSG2014 ?

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I started back at work part-time this week and I'm so glad I'm easing into it. While I have an office job, I have a stand-up desk so after 4 hours I can tell I'm tired and need to lay down and rest. I feel like a stuffed sausage after 4 hours of working.

My glue FINALLY started falling off in some areas and I can see my incisions underneath and they look fantastic. I have an appointment with my surgeon this Friday and I'm hoping he has something that will take the rest of this glue and mesh off so I can see the rest of it.

The area below my belly button is finally starting to heal. It was a scary dark olive green color but they assured me it was simply deep bruising. I still have bruising all over. While my body heals incisions like a champ, it has always bruised easily and takes forever to clear them. I can't complain. I just need to be patient.