Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thyroid cancer and sleeve

Hi guys. I had my surgery on September 2015. I was very happy and lost 40 lb. then this march I found out I have thyroid cancer I had surgery and taking hormones now. I gained 15 lb back. I can not stop eating carb special bread. Last week I had more biopsy and maybe now I have cancer on my lymph. I am just too sad. Help me

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It seems terribly unfair. I've never been given news like this but know your head must be swirling from having been tossed this challenge. I am holding you in my heart and praying for you.

thyroid cancer

@@shokoh

i am so sorry about medical history

when will you find out results about the biopsy??

i hope you have help and support

family member/ friend

take care

positive good thoughts sent your way

good luck

kathy

Hi guys. I had my surgery on September 2015. I was very happy and lost 40 lb. then this march I found out I have thyroid cancer I had surgery and taking hormones now. I gained 15 lb back. I can not stop eating carb special bread. Last week I had more biopsy and maybe now I have cancer on my lymph. I am just too sad. Help me

I just had a thyroid biopsy last week and get the results on Wed. Was sleeved 12/31/15. The radiologist thought maybe my weight loss made it easier for the endo to feel the enlargement. Blood tests indicated changes a few months before sleeve. I'm thinking this might be why I've stalled. Time will tell. One day at a time. I want to lose more weight. What Ive lost has me way down on my meds and I'm thrilled, but I have some more to go. Not ready to be done yet. It seems it's always something when you get to be 71. So glad I had the sleeve, even at 70!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using the BariatricPal App

Biopsy was negative, so good news! I do have a node the size of a gumball, which Dr will monitor. Are thyroid issues common after wls or is it just my age (71)?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using the BariatricPal App

Biopsy was negative

@@beezy8

glad to hear your good news!!

sounds like you have an attentive doc

good to keep an eye on you

thyroid issues common w/WLS?

age??

doc will know

at "our" ages (63 and 71)

we're not getting older

we're getting better

we are improving our weight

getting healthier

your glass is half full, not empty!!!

wishing you well

good luck my friend

kathy

I am just too sad. Help me

@@shokoh

i wish you weren't dealing with these problems :(

good for you on reaching out to OP

that's a start

i can only imagine how you feel

i understand everyone wants/needs to lose weight

the necessary hormones made you gain weight?

that's a bummer after all your hard work

gradually losing weight will help you feel better

mentally and physically

try not to keep bread etc in the pantry

i'm glad you have "some" support

OP must walk in your shoes

then they will know how the situation feels

"maybe" you could find a cancer support group

talking about your feelings/sadness helps

these people have been there/done that

good wishes, thoughts being sent your way :)

kathy

18+ years

proud breast cancer survivor

I am sorry to hear about your current illness. Do know that the Lord is on your side and he hears your prayers I will continue to pray for you and your family that you have a speedy recovery.

My heart goes out to you!

Although I don't have thyroid cancer, I have been suffering from Graves Disease (autoimmune thyroid disease) for decades, before finally being formally diagnosed in May 2015.

As my thyroid was destroyed via radioactive treatment, I later had to go on Thyroid replacement med.

What I noticed was that once my regular dose was decreased by 50%, I slept better, but my weight was staying the same, and my old sweet cravings came back.

So, for me, I am still playing the dosage adjustment dance.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and offer you a link to great Thyroid Support sites, BP permitting.

I belong to few online thyroid support groups, and find them very beneficial.

Here is a link:

https://www.verywell.com/finding-thyroid-support-and-support-groups-online-3233103

Prayers and well wishes to you!