Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just looking to meet my December Surgery Pals

sorry to hear about ur dad. id been going crazy if that was me. i just got home. surgery was Mon. u can do this if u want too! its all about mind power honey. best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone

Surgery on the 14th and I've been very lucky. I had a great over night stay at the hospital. The pain was minimal. I experienced pain and a tight feeling across my chest. I seem to get winded quickly when walking for too long. Other than that, I'm great. No pain meds. The hardest feeling part is trying to be creative with this stage of the diet. I'm allowed puréed foods.

Best of luck to you all

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My dad passed on friday the 16th so I have gone through a lot of emotional stuff, and food has been a big thing here and it smells so good, but I made it thus far and had to pull through it today is my last night

I'm so sorry about your dad. You are totally doing the right thing though by going through the surgery. I had lost 50 pounds when my dad died and kept it off until my mom died less than a year later. Then gained 60 in six months. The surgery should help you not undo all you've already accomplished. I hope your surgery goes well.

Have you tried the Isopure drinks yet? They aren't as "filling" as the Protein shakes. Also - I bought some unflavored Protein and have been mixing it with a low sodium bouillon cube and Water to make my Soup. I only have one a day because even with low sodium, it could add up. But it helps cut back on the sweet stuff.

So excited!!! My insurance approved my surgery!!! Five days away. As of today, I'm down 11 pounds! I'm starting to fit into clothes that haven't fit me for over a year.

I have moderate pain and discomfort but feeling I can get outside of the house and walk and ha e more energy. Getting in all the liquids and Protein takes me every 1/2 hour from 7:30am until 11pm when I go to bed and take my last supplement (iron). It is a major adjustment but my spirits are good and not in too much pain any longer. Still passing a ton of gas.

Hi Mindy - hope you are doing well. I am scheduled for Tuesday (12/27)

HW - 250

CW - 235

VSG date - 12/27/16

good for u-areasyloser. how long did it take for ur incisions to stop hurting?

My incisions took probably 5 days besides the bigger one took 7-8. But the pain was not unbearable before then. Today I am moving normal and have coughed/sneezed/laughed with no pain in my abdomen. Today 3 of my 6 incisions look healed.