Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failure, forgiveness & getting real

I use gene pro and hate it- it is definitely NOT flavorless . It is so gross to me. I have gotten to where I will

Mix it with a very small

Amount of liquid and take it like a shot. Hold my nose and then take a sip of G2 before I let go of my nose - it's an ordeal that I dread every day . Protein is my big problem as well. food still grosses me out so o really have to work to get protein- someone told me unjury Protein Powder is truly flavorless. Trying that next

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Have you tried Premier Protein, injury, Quest, Syntrax nectar, or any of the other supplements? Why force down something you can't stand? How far out are you that you aren't eating food? Have you talked to your NUT about your challenges?

I am ten weeks out. My doctor seems to think I am pretty normal. I went back to Clear liquids and puréed for awhile but recently got back on food. I have tried all the shakes and I hate them- but have been drinking premier occasionally . I haven't found something I love yet but am going to try Unjury next-

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am pre-op and I have tried Premier and Pure Protein. I love Premier, hopefully I can still tolerate it post-op! Pure Protein is too thick for me. I definitely want to go back to real food as quickly as possible!

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using the BariatricPal App

@@Nibbler How often are you eating that you're unable to get enough Protein at 12 months out? I dread the thought of having to continue Protein shakes at that stage.

I'm eating too frequently due to hunger from lack of protein. Problem is that I seem to fill up just after a few bites of protein...however can eat my weight in crackers (shame on me). Its like the protein is too dense. Sometimes I think maybe the repair on my hiatal hernia is too tight. But if i do get it down it often backs up. I can eat veggies good with no problem but not enough protein in that. I had great success with the protein powder this morning, added 30 gm to my Breakfast oatmeal (with a bit of banana and some toasted almonds. Feeling successful today.

Yes I have heard about the injury as well. Have you tried the premier shakes? So far those are the ONLY ones that don't make me sick. 30gms per container. And I have noticed it's the cheapest out there SO FAR. I'm just post op 2 weeks

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Email: mr110726@gmail.com