Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

hi all, this week has been so busy.

I am really excited - next Tuesday night I go to an info meeting at the centre in ashfield in Sydney - and so starts my lapband journey WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

:whoo:

My friend and I are both going to have lapband together and then support each other - we are so excited our hubbies are excited tooo,..

I missed you all this week - i also spilled diet coke on my laptop and some of the letters are sticking making it hard to type..heck

I will let you all know hoe the info night goes.

Hope you are all well

regards M:car:

Hey M,

Great news. :clap2: The info nights are so worth while. Remember to ask questions - no question is too silly to ask either.

Danna

Hi everyone - sorry I've been quiet, we took the kids caravanning for a few days (hence why I started pre-op a week early, so I could have this week off) - so back to the drawing board Monday morning!

Good Luck BrisPenny for the 9th!!! and anyone else this week...will catch up properly soon - just walked in the door, and wanted to let you know, I missed you guys!!! cya luv K

How is everyone doing ? Sorry I haven't posted in a while, back to work last week trying to play catch-up. I'm 17 days post-op down 28 lbs (including the 10 pre-op). I feel really good ! Just alot of on and off fatigue. I'm looking forward to my fill. Right now I do not feel any restrictions ... I am doing all the right things regardless. I don't want to screw anything up in there, but I was expecting to feel fuller. Not having any pain but that port does feel strange. When I am lying down I can feel the hard area in my right tummy - kind'of like I'm giving birth to a golfball. Just so glad it is over ! I got myself in such a state pre-surgery, if it wasn't for you folks I would have had a much tougher time staying positive. Thank-You !

:clap2: Hang In There Everyone, It's Gonna Be Great ! :clap2:

Hello friends,

I am sorry to have been gone so long. I am still awaiting my psych appt., nutrition, consult with doc, and hope to be banded mid November. OK, I have a totally new fear I am hoping someone can help me with. My insurance does not cover this operation or any complications that may arise. That is scary enough but then... I heard someone say that they had lost 100 pounds and had to pay an enormous fortune in plastic surgery to fix all of the loose skin! I don't have an enormous fortune, In fact I am taking out a loan for surgery! Does anyone know anything about this?

K:confused:

honey not everyone needs plastic surgery after, it will depend on your skin, your body, your rate of loss, your rate of exercise etc.............. I think it's great that you are taking the step to stay alive and get healthy - why not cross the fix-up hurdle when you get there? dont put extra pressure on yourself now - it may never be a problem for you, and that fear may take away your chance at a new you now!!! hugs K

Hey Carol - was wondering how your doing...... great loss so far, you gotta be happy!!!! Wow - giving birth to a golf ball...thats gotta be better than 6kgs of baby???? lol......... hugs K

<p><p><p>Hey There Karen ... How are ya doing .... Getting Excited ! I really can't beleive how great I feel and how the weight is really coming off ! It's actually working !!!! Woo Hoo !!! And yes I have given birth to a 9lb baby boy (I think that's close to 5K's in Aussie terms) so not complaining about the golfball ;) but it does feel wierd ! I don't know why I notice it so much ... It's just a little bigger then I expected (Oh well I can live with it !) Hope all is well ... you hang in there. It's gonna be great !!!! What hospital are you having the surgery at ? C

2 days left and a little nervous to say the least. Thanks Karen for your well wishes, I really needed that. :D I know I'm only in hospital for one night but I'm going to miss my little ones, I think I'm getting more upset about it because of what I'm about to go through, I want them to be proud of their mummy. I want to be proud of myself.:speechles Regardless I'm going to do my best.

Hi Karen, I know how you're feelign about the surgery but not to worry..if you follow all your doc's directions I'm sure you won't have any issues with losing the weight after surgery... Where abouts in Aus are you from? I'm in Adelaide

hey guys - I am lucky, my hospital is only 5 minutes from home..... it is the Bundaberg Mater Hospital, in Bundaberg QLD... about 4 hours north of Brisbane............. Glad to hear you are losing so well Carol, it gives me goosebumps!! keep posting..... you know, I need updates...lol. hugs K

hi Karen, I have been to Bunderberg on 3 occasions - it is a really pretty small place with nice kebab shops - there used to be 2 - if i recall ????

its about 5 min to everywhere lol

regards M:)

ha,ha.....when was the last time you visited? we have had a boom here - new complexes everywhere....... we have 4 kebab shops now!! and it takes 10 minutes to get most places.....lol

Hi All,

After just having yet another unsuccessful attempt to lose weight with drug therapy, I've finally started to researching seriously into banding and found this site. Just about the first thread I read was this one and I've read it from beginning to end. I had to register just so I could say thank you to Karen/justwaitin2b! You are an inspiration, woman! I've been tossing up the idea of doing the banding thing for a couple of years now and have always been really scared of it.

Thank you, Karen, for your sense of humour, bubbly personality and considerable cheerleader talents! You have just inspired me to make the appointment with my doctor (on Thurs 11th Oct) and I am going to embark on this scary journey!

Well Fanny - I have goosebumps, and tears in my eyes.... I am so happy, that I have helped you in a small way to follow the path to a new healthier you.......... alot of this thread, has been other amazing people contributing their time, effort and support as well. We are all here for each other.... hugs to you. xxK