Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

Hi Guys - this is a fantastic article that I printed, and read often, its by Robin McCoy - who is banded herself, and now is an expert author on all things lapband... Lapband Lifestyle - We are here to help you in your changing life!

I loved it, and I hope you do too.......... my kids are running riot, so I best go feed and Water them, please let me know what you think of the article............... hugs to all, Karen

Res, thanks so much for the encouraging post about being full. I know it sounds silly, but that will probably be one of those post I will go back to over and over again when I get worried. I'm kind in a stage where need lots of reassurance that everything will be alright. :rolleyes Thanks again.

Hi Everyone!

I just found out today that I will be having my galbadder out on Wednesday,(Sept. 12) and my lap-band may still be on the 18th of Sept.

The doctor wanted me to lose 30 - 50 lbs before my lap-band, and I've only lost 17. I have to go back and get weighed on the 14th to see how much more weigh I can lose. If I haven't lost enough he will re-schedule. It's kinda depressing not knowing for sure.

omg i know just how you feel i am in the same boat as you....sometimes it is nerve wreaking to think all of this and what if it dose not work i know what you mean

Hi Janet, Ask your surgeon if he can take your gall bladder out, the same day as putting the band in.........I know quite a few people online who have had both done at the same time........... the article I posted, is really reassuring about everything too, have a read luvie. Talk soon - big hug Karen

Hi,

I am waiting to have my lap band placed and am also new to this forum just like you. My surgery date is set for October 4th. I am also having a lot of mixed emotions....Is this right for me?? Why can't I just loose weight and keep it off with diet and exercise?? Am I going to be able to eat after surgery and stay on the diet?? etc... Sometimes I even feel ashamed of myself for having the surgery in the first place. I am a registered nurse, so I have had many years of school and know how to teach others to eat properly and exercise for a healthy lifestyle....but cannot reach my own weightloss goals. I currently weigh between 250 and 260 lbs depending on when I weigh myself. I am hoping to get rid of at least 80 pounds with this surgery and keep it off for good.... I do not say loose becasue once the pounds are gone I do not plan on finding them again...ha ha!! I chose this surgery becasue from a healthcare professionals standpoint it is the least invasive, safest, and only "reversible" if necessary option. It is also more pregnancy frindly, and because I have PCOS I hope the band will help resolve the infertility my husband and I have been struggling with for the past five years. Good Luck!!

:nervous new L&D RN

Hey RN, Welcome, and I hope we can help you put those nerves at ease. Even though I am not a nurse, I have probably enough nutrition, diet, and exercise info in my head to be able to teach weight loss to a whole nation...........but it doesn't work for me, and that has been a long and frustrating challenge. All this time I beleived it was me, I must be doing something wrong, I must be harder on myself......... and those thoughts still break through, they are just hiding under the guise of pre-op nerves...... self doubt and fear! I loved it when you said you are "getting rid of lbs", instead of losing them.......... a sentiment we all share - good for you!! My surgery is booked for Oct 29, and my pre-op diet starts 4 weeks b4. Where are you from? Cheers Karen

Congratulations on making the decision. I am just out of the week one from surgery. i have absolutely no regrets. The weight is dropping off and my blood pressure is down.

You can do this. You will feel so much better. i just can't tell you how wonderful it is to not want to eat all of the time. I feel delivered. Take care and write if you want. Michelle Norfolk USA

Hi Nitenurse and Michelle, Thanks for sharing, I am feeling so much better, and much more confident that so many people are having the same feelings, and are having the surgery with great results - please keep chatting, it's great to hear from you all. Cheers Karen (australia)

Good morning, How is everyone feeling today? Would you beleive I have an appointment with my surgeon today, and thanks to all the support and advice on this site - I don't have any questions for him!!! Might have to work on a few, so that he doesn't feel bad...lol!! Only 6 weeks and 6 sleeps to go now................ have a great day - Karen

Hello all,

justwaitin2b (Karen), I am from the US, I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I can't post for very long tonite becasue I just worked a 12 hour shift and have another one to look forward bright and early tomorrow morning. So goes the life of a busy L&D nurse, but I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world. Havent had much time to feel anxious about surgery next month becasue I was very busy at work. Hope everyone is well!!

B) Twyla

Hi All! Brand new to this site and really glad I found you! I've been banded 4 weeks tomorrow, and am really pleased with the whole thing. That's after shedding an ocean of tears through fear and shame and just plain being emotional before the surgery. It really is magic. I can eat virtually anything I want, to the point where I feel like I'm pigging out again, but sure enough, I lose a steady 2 pounds every week, just like the book says. I haven't even had a fill yet. To be in this position so soon after being emotional rubble is nothing short of a miracle.