Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

Hey justwaitin2b, I have the exact same concerns. I have been debating this for weeks. No sleep, nervous etc... I have my surgery booked for Oct 19. I want it to come sooner! This forum has really helped me though. I am much more confident and knowing that others are feeling the same make me feel a little more at ease. By the way I am from Canada.

Cool, Crispy...we will only be 10 days apart. How much do you have to lose? Tell me about yourself.......... do you have kids? Do you work? How much does the banding cost in Canada? I'm just full of questions now - I don't have time to wallow in my fears............. I will just spend that time getting to know you guys instead!! Cheers Karen

hi Karen,

Well your town maybe known for it's rum, but mine in known for country music. You know, that good old cowboy music. Have you ever heard of Buck Owens? He was born here and became very famous. He was on T.V. for a while, and made lots for records. Then, when he got old, he came back here and opened a dance hall / restaurant. I know. Pretty exciting. Hey, I still wear white shoes with all my pants. I thought that was a really good trend.. lol.

I am going to see my doctor tomorrow. He is going to give me some definite dates for my surgeries, I hope. I was supposed to have my lapband on the 18th, but now it's up in the air because of my galbadder. But on the up side I did lose 4 lbs on the liquid diet. Yea for me!:bounce:

I love Country music - like Trace Adkins, Sugarland, Joe Nichols, Keith Urban (oh-yeah he's ours) Lonestar, not quite...........old Buck Owens, but at least it's country!! Hey maybe you'll get the same date as mine, and it is all destiny, that we started chatting.......lol, as I write this it is 4.30pm in the afternoon, what time is it there? cheers Karen

Hi Janet! HI Karen!

Ladies you are going to be the happiest ever after surgery! I had mine June 1st and although I have been a slow loser, I wouldn't trade this for anything! I was just at the Dr's yesterday and had a fill. He thinks I needed a little more because I lost 1 pound this month. It was a struggle. So NEVER be disappointed about your loss. That's why the appointments are so important. The fills are "reality checks" for you mentally too. It brings you back to the begining afterward with liquid only for a couple of days. That alone gives you energy and sets you on the right path again. Hang in there. I love going in the closet and picking out ANYTHING and it fits! I found this website yesterday and I know I'm going to love it. Keep positive!

Res:clap2:

Karen!!!

I eat steak, just not as much as I used to! Actually, I have not had trouble with anything. You just have to REMEMBER, eat SLOW and CHEW!! 3 cherries and I was full! Watermelon, couple of pieces and FULL! I think the more fiberous, the faster it will fill you up. Steak was no problem. You might find that food tastes a little "off" after surgery. Don't be too put off. That lasted about 2 weeks off and on. And oddly enough, my sense of smell was really heightened! It was very unusual, but it passed. Hang in there ladies! Everyone is different. Put the steaks on ice until your able to try them. Then just go slow...

Res:hungry:

HI Karen

I feel the same way- so maybe not good support. I am being banded on Monday (10th sept) so hopefully I can let you know how it goes.

Maxine (scotland)

Thanks for the reply ... it's comforting not to feel so alone. BTL not BLT (ha,ha that cracked me up !!!) Actually btlbailey is my nickname, it's short for Beetle Bailey Beetle Bailey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - a cartoon from the 1950's. In my case my friends call me Beatle Bailey because I am a mad Beatles/Paul McCartney fan. I am from just outside of Boston, Massachusetts USA. That's funny you mentioned steak, my most favorite meal in the world. Yes I have all the confidence in the world with my surgeon although every one of his patients that I have spoken to winds up having their gall bladder taken out as well (what is up with that ???) I think it's not just the physical surgery that's is scaring me (although that is the big one) but I think I'm a little afraid of what is ahead. It's been a long time since I've been at a normal weight. I am 40 years old and now at 275lbs (124 kgs ?) and I know I cannot continue at this weight and not start running into health problems. Weeks ago I couldn't wait for the surgery date to get here and now I wish it wasn't coming so fast .. I am really starting to freak out. I even went to Church last Sunday and started crying during Mass (ridiculous I know) Well I know we are all going to be fine, I just need to keep telling myself all of the good things there are to look forward to. I'm glad I found this forum. I will definitely be needing support over the next 2 weeks. Best To All Of You - We deserve it !!!!

I too am scheduled to be banded in October. The 5th! Just a few more weeks to go. I too am reading thread with great interest as I am also scared and nervous. But excited as well. I don't want to fail or have issues. My DH is very supportive and I'm grateful for that.

Hi Btbaily,

Wow, I could have written your last post word for word, about the being nervous part anyway. I've written a few post on this site asking people, how will I feel, when will I know I'm full, how to avoid throwing up. I'm really scared about all that. I start to cry nearly every time I tell some one about the surgery.:think This is such a huge life change. Every time I get a little scared and I have no one to talk to I came here and look at all the befor and after pictures as well as all the positive posts, and then I feel better. I just have to remind myself that this will be a positive change in my life. Also, I really like the Beatles too! lol.

To ALL the ladies ( and gentlemen ) who are waiting for their surgery date and are nervous and concerned and wondering if this is what they really should do... YOU'LL BE FINE!!!

I think most everyone goes through this. Picture yourself thinner and healthier! AND... do not let anyone rain on your parade! This is not the cowards way out. That's what I thought for so long, or that I was a failure at dieting or not as strong as those who have lost weight and kept it off. Deal with those thoughts and then push them aside. You will be amazed at how wonderful you're going to feel. How eating healthier is going to make you feel so energized. All that you will go through will be rewarded with a healthier you, with more confidence, and those with children, how wonderful that you will be thin enough to join them in all of there activities! Be nervous, it's okay. You are all going to start looking in the mirror and loving the person you see. After all, you're doing this for YOU!!:bounce:

Karen, I usually get on the computer at night, after everying is done around the house. So that's about 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. I keep telling myself , I must go to bed, I have work tomorrow. But lately I can't seem to stay away from the computer. I have found too much support and inspiration. But now I have to get off so I can go to work!

artzygirl!

Believe me when I tell you, you will know when you are full. The trick is to eat S-L-O-W. That way, the fullness will not be abrupt, which is a reality check immediately! You will really have to over eat to throw up. I had my surgery 5-29-07 and have never thrown up. I've come close! But that just reminds me to slow down and CHEW CHEW CHEW!! I just had a fill last night and I feel like I have eaten a Thanksgiving dinner after some Carnation Instant breakfast! It is wonderful NOT to feel hungry. Also, if you are going to try Carnation Instant Breakfast, go to their website and get a coupon for $1.00 or $2.00 off. And, don't forget, when you make your drinks, for extra Protein, put a serving of instant milk in. Make sure you get as much Protein as possible. Hope this all helps!

Res:whoo: