Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal delivery services

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:21 AM, Inner Surfer Girl said:

I used a local meal delivery service years ago for a while when I live in Atlanta. It was expensive but pretty good. What I learned was that it is fairly easy to put together a nutritious meal. Just focus on a delicious, high quality Protein and add a vegetable to make a meal post-op. Occasionally, add a piece of fresh fruit.

was it pete's paleo?

I had my surgery 1/30/18. I use both home chef and plated. I have been using them before the surgery and after. We have my husband, and two boys, ages 7 and 17. The boys and my husband love the meals and I eat only a small portion of whatever we pick for the week. We do the 4 meal plan twice a week at both places. I just started doing plated this last few weeks to try it out at a discount. So far I love plated too. Both offer options for low carb, calorie aware meals and I feel they are way healthier than the food I would of used to have cooked plus it allows us to not waste food and stops us from going out to eat as much. I am the only one sleeved in my family and my kids still love all the bad foods unfortunately. This is my way of trying to get them to eat healthier and with fresh, home cooked meals. I love the convenience of both of them. It works out well for us because if my oldest and my husband want a little extra they can have mine that I don't eat.

My rule of thumb is I don't eat anything larger than the palm of my hand. I keep that divided among my Protein, veggies, and carbs. I like the new lunch salad options. Those work well for my lifestyle change now. It also forces me to try new veggies and different things. My biggest vice was going out to eat large, high calorie restaurant meals, pastas, potatoes, carbs, etc. I love to eat good food. I have really had to learn moderation after the surgery. So, in short, this helps me stay on track and helps my family eat better. I think it saves me money in the long run because I am not wasting money on ingredients that I will never use again, lots of leftovers that get thrown away or wasting money on meals going out to eat. Plated pics didn't look that good at first but omg after about 3 weeks of trying them out I am definitely impressed. I almost like them better than home chef. I did try Marley Spoon, definitely not impressed. One new one I am interested in is Gooble because sometimes it sucks to cook from scratch every night. Gooble sent me a free meal to try but we ended up not making it in time. I definitely plan to try them in the future really soon.

Check out Chef'd! They have a huge selection and no monthly subscription. Plus, they have special meals for your needs, like Atkins & diabetes friendly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app