Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's everyone's weightless so far?

HW = 428

Preop = 419

Day of Procedure (9/19/16) = 392

10 days post-op = 383

Today = 378

Total of 50 lbs.

bodyweight.png?ts=1476385411

Edited by RonnieBob

My highest weight was 385, just before preop diet. Surgery weight was 359. Left the hospital at 369. Current weight 8 days post op is 351. 34lbs in 22 days.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

Edited by QueenOfTheTamazons

Hi everyone, I had my RNY on July 2, 2013. Here are my STATS: HW (this time I was 285) 249 SW 232 LW 117 CW 125#'s. I lost 132#'s in 6 months but I did gain 8#'s back. I can't tell you much those 8#'s made me feel so much better. So I have maintained my 124# loss for 2 and 1/2 years. I feel like I owe this to my exercise. I walk 4 to 5 times a week 4 to 5 miles each time. I have been pretty consistent in my exercise. I had to stay in a Hotel the first week after my surgery because I lived 2 hours from where I had my surgery. So even tho I started walking right away I couldn't do too much but like I said I have walked and increased my exercise all along. When I had my RNY my Surgeon and Nutritionist both told me this, Now I'm not saying this is the way everyone should do but this has worked for me. I was told in time there are NO FORBIDDEN FOODS. You have to learn to eat everything in MODERATION. I can tell you this much it has been an AMAZING JOURNEY!!! And I hear people say they wish they had done it sooner but myself, I really don't believe I would had been ready before. I know of 3 family members who had WLS. My cousin had her surgery almost 30years, when it was called stomach stapling she has gained every bit she lost plus more. My Niece had the same thing and she has been successful keeping it off but she is sick all the time. My friend had her's done 20 some odd years ago she has bad anemia and needs Iron infusions all the time. When they had their surgeries there weren't things like the internet or even support groups to attend. They were not told to take their Vitamins They had to pretty wing it!! That is why I am so glad I waited until I did because look at what we have at our fingertips!!! We have DR that are better-educated and realize what it takes for our success!!! This is a GIFT that we are given so that we can take back our lives, but it's not a CURE ALL. It is a TOOL, we have to use it to help us but we also have to work for it too. Good Luck with everything and keep us posted on your SUCCESSES!!!

HW=260

Surgery weight=245

CW (9 days post op (Oct 4))=237

So 23lb in about 3 weeks including the 2 week pre-op liquid diet.< /p>

Its been 10 days since my surgery and I am down 22 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Highest weight 236

Pre-op weight 223

Surgery weight 212

Current weight 200

So excited to be able to lose weight and confident that I can keep it off!

While I am so happy for everyone, this is totally depressing for me. I had surgery on 8/23 at 311, almost 8 weeks out and am at 280 now, that's a total weight loss of only 31 pounds. What am I doing wrong!!!! Any advice?

While I am so happy for everyone, this is totally depressing for me. I had surgery on 8/23 at 311, almost 8 weeks out and am at 280 now, that's a total weight loss of only 31 pounds. What am I doing wrong!!!! Any advice?

Frankly, without knowing what you are doing it is impossible for us to know what you might be doing "wrong" if anything.

Are you:

following your program?

Tracking your food?

Getting at least 64 oz Fluid?

Reaching your Protein target daily?

(What is your Protein target?)

Avoiding added sugars (especially high fructose corn syrup), starches, and fried foods?

Eating mindfully?

Taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

Exercising?

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

While I am so happy for everyone, this is totally depressing for me. I had surgery on 8/23 at 311, almost 8 weeks out and am at 280 now, that's a total weight loAss of only 31 pounds. What am I doing wrong!!!! Any advice?

I think your doing great, when you can lose 15 lbs per month back to back that's a good thing! Keep your spirits up if you continue to lose at that rate you will be at goal in no time.