Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-band weight loss history

Weight loss history  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Weight loss history

• Have lost 100 lbs at least once in my lifetime.
    • Have lost 50 lbs at least once in my lifetime.
    • Have lost 20 lbs at least once in my lifetime.
    • Have never lost weight. Only gained in my lifetime.
    • Nobody's business but my own how much weight I've lost.

I was courious to know how many people have lost a significant amout of weight and gained it back. I have never lost more than 20 pounds before I gained it all back, so I was surprised at this sight how many people have had great weight loss success prior to getting the lapband.

I was courious to know how many people have lost a significant amout of weight and gained it back. I have never lost more than 20 pounds before I gained it all back, so I was surprised at this sight how many people have had great weight loss success prior to getting the lapband.

It's KEEPING it off, not losing it!

I have lost over 100 pounds FIVE TIMES in my lifetime, but the ONLY time it STAYED OFF was with the Lap-Band!

I lost 60 pounds once and 50 pounds once in my adult life. Those pounds came back quickly and with a vengence, delivering more fat to my butt and belly than before I lost it in the first place *sigh*.

In 2000 I went from low 300's to around 230. Lets just say in 7 years I gained it all back and over 80 lbs more. Loosing is easy, its the keeping it off that sucks.:faint:

My highest was 355 in 1998. I got all the way down to 245 in 2002 and just as that happened I got pregnant.

I did settle at around 260 which is when I decided to get the lapband surgery. I always seemed to gain and lose the same 20 lbs.

I did get my act in shape and I actuallly was down to 231 for surgery. So far so good. I am now at my lowest that I know for my adult life. Now if the scale would just start moving =)

I've lost 20lb maybe three or four times. That's all I needed to lose at that stage. But it didnt stay off. Once I began to really gain in earnest after my second baby, I never really lost significant weight.

I did Atkins about 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs. That was the most I ever lost. After I quit I gained back 50 within a year. I then did it again and lost 15 and I lost around the same on fat smash and gained back around 40 lbs.

This is the first thing I have done where I haven't gained back weight. Even when I didn't get an adjustment I still didn't gain any weight back.

I lost almost 100 pounds on Atkins (93 or so pounds - I voted '100").. I decided to really buckle down that time and devote a whole year of my life to nothing but weight loss.. Worked my arse off, exercised every day, and went from 270 to 177.. I probably would have lost more but I got "greedy" and started to starve myself to lose weight faster (my wedding was coming up)... suffice it to say, I fell off the wagon and gained a lot back.. not all of it thank goodness!

Even though I'm not on atkins anymore and never could seem to get fully back on, it did teach me a lot of new healthy eating habits, like choosing high Protein meals before eating sweets.. and even though I went "off" I never went back to mcdonalds or french fries, pizza, or things like that... and I never went back to soda either... Don't ask me how I gained 45 pounds back, I have no idea!! Sorry if I was rambling there lol. Thank goodness for getting the lap band - i was at my wits end trying to lose weight, this has got to work!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I lost 80 pounds on Fin Phen. Then they took it off the market. I gained 10 pounds per year after that,,,, and uhhhh.... that was 10 years ago! LOL

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

75 on medifast gained 100; lost 65-70 on phen/fen gained 75; lost 60-65 on a metoblic diet gained 70; lost 40 with diet pill gained 50 all of this was in the past 20 years i have been banded for 14 months only lost 50 lbs but the best is i haven't gained any in 14 months and i eat what i want just not as much. its cool to be losing and not really dieting!!!

Yes-- I have lost >100 pounds four times with a max of 160. I wholeheartedly agree with the statement that nothing tastes as good as being thin (or "reasonably normal") feels, and each time I vowed to never go back, but each time I gained it back and more. At the moment I am at 375 (nearing all-time high) and planning to be banded in January. In a way it feels like admitting defeat or weakness or whatever, but desperate times call for desperate measures I guess, and it's so encouraging to read all the success stories and words of HOPE on these boards. I will do my best to do my part and look forward to having a "helper" in my band. I can't wait!

Jim

Put me in the 100+ pound weight loss and gained it all back plus column. I did it on my own then and kept it off for 5 years. When the weight started coming back I did Pnen-Fen. That was good till it was pulled from the market and I gained even more. Here I go yet again. I have spent the better part of the last 40 years battling this and I hope that the band will be the answer to my prayers.

I've lost 20-30 pounds dozens of times. Two years ago, I lost 60 pounds through a doctor/nurse monitored weight loss plan. (Slim 4 Life, here in KC). However, my body seemed to be stretching like a rubber band. The more I lost, the tighter the rubber band stretched. And then one day, (this sounds silly, I know) the band just snapped and I went on a 3-day food bender.

Gained it all back QUICKLY after that. Took me 6 months to lose, 3 months to put back. Sucks.

Looking forward to the band where LOSS means LOSS... :clap2: