Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You lied again lol

So today I told a girl ik about gastric bypass meeting. She has never been to one and I go to both nights and days. So she tells me this.. I went last month with a friend. I told her I didn't see you!.... Oh I was texting another person too... YAH RIGHT!!!!!! Like I feel like if you can't come to a support group meeting then you shouldn't get surgery anyways! There has been excuses for 11 months now.... I just can't stand her lies and negative this, negative that... I will actually be shocked if she ends up getting the surgery bc it should have been done in May.... Not that I am being rude or mean but I'm sick of hearing the circles she speaks....

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I haven't been to a support group since I started this process. It just doesn't seem like something that would work for me.

But my parents and my brother have all had one procedure or another over the past several years (Dad had bypass; Mom had sleeve; Brother had Lap Band). They live 8 hours from us, but I talk to them about it at least once every week. So, they are my support group.

And it doesn't hurt that my partner is awesome and supportive, too!

Well idk who goes to yalls support groups. But the ones here are really good it's only a hr and you get info from others. Everyone is very nice and help you feel good about yourself. And truthfully it gets annoying that she says she will go then not that was for the gym too months ago...

I went to 3 in person support groups and decided that the only support group I wanted to leverage is this one.

I have found there is just too much whining and negativity in the support group meetings that was connected to my clinic.

I have turned out ok so far. 2 years post op this month and at goal and maintaining well.

Some people just struggle in those environments.

I loved WWs, I hated the meetings. There was always one person who made the entire meeting about them to the detriment of the rest of the group. Sometimes she was the know it all, who wasn't actually successful, but had been going the longest. Sometimes it was the whiner who failed week after week and blamed the system not her actual actions. Sometimes it was the newbie who wanted to be spoon fed every detail instead of opening up her materials and actually reading them. Every week, every meeting, every time slot, one of the above existed. I gave it a chance, too. I gave each location at least 6-8 weeks and I shuffled the time slots. I found leaders I loved and groups I adored, but there was always that one person who didn't allow actual learning to occur because they monopolized the entire 30 minutes.

I went to two support meetings and saw that fatties/former fatties are the same everywhere. I don't have extra hours to spare in my life for that nonsense.

At least here, I can click on a different thread and "ignore" those that make me grit my teeth.

But I am still wondering why her attendance at a meeting would bug the OP so much.., No one's participation (or lack thereof) has any bearing on my results. :D

Bc she makes it my business always talking about it and what she has left to do blah blah it's annoying! And whines about how she needs new friends get ur A$$ off the couch where a hole is!...

Just smile, nod and move on with your day. :D

This and Baritastic Social are my support groups. Because of my work and school hours, I don't have time to attend in-person support groups. Granted, she shouldn't lie but why are you worried? Not trying to be mean but everyone becomes successful in their own way.

Sent from my LGMS428 using the BariatricPal App

I've never been to a support group either. None close enough to me to warrant me going. But I'm doing well. Do you. Don't worry about her. And if you're worried about her negativity and stuff and you're not too close to her, don't worry about associating with her. Do you.

~~ LadyDarkness415 ~~

Went to one support group. A waste of time. 1hr meeting and there was a jeopardy type of game played for 40 mins and jabber for 20mins. Got zero out of it. I personally dont care who goes and who doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Ha! We must have gone to the same one!

If the people that were in my pre-op class are the kind of people that will be at the support groups, not interested.

Never been to a support group.

This chick sounds like a twit, ignore her and stop talking to her. Some people are not worth knowing.