Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op feeling of FAILURE

@@LipstickLady that was perfect!!!

I had my surgery three weeks ago and can't say that at some point I didn't feel everything you are feeling ..... My relationship with food was so unhealthy and I can already see that only after three weeks:) good luck to you. I hope you feel encouraged and hopeful after reading these posts

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes, I certainly do! I'm so thankful that I found this app! This is providing a kind of support I can't get from friends and family because they just don't know. Thank you all!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

That thing about floating better in the pool is absolutely true. It's really hard to float now, my legs completely sink, and I have to keep air in my lungs to stay above Water.

I think this is a really under discussed part of massive weight loss ;-)

Yes. I feel cheated. It really should have been in the disclosure package.

Jane,
This is so funny as I was just talking the other night about fastin. (Didn't realize they still make it) I was 26 yrs, weighed 127 @ 5'6". Not a fat on my body. But I ate and ate and.....so I worked in a hospital kitchen where we knew Drs pretty well. One day, I asked mine, is it normal to eat like this (other people were always surprised at how much I ate). he says you don't seem to be putting on weight. I'm like, no I' not. (Duh) but I felt heavy. HE GAVE ME FASTINS. I had a plant in my window that was all rooted and had been wanting to part out for a couple of years. At 3a.m. My hubby comes downstairs and says what r u doing? I had newspapers laid all over the floor. 23 pots of dirt and plants sitting on floor with me. I did not take another one. But now as I think back, what was going on? Why did I feel that way? It was 20 yrs before I started to gain weight and gain and gain and... You get the picture. So was I predisposed? Or because I was in abusive relationship, or was it from childhood when food was tight and we ate our "filling" meals? I never gained till I was out of abuse. Anyone have similar or ideas on this. It still bugs me. I felt fat, but omg, I didn't even know the definition.
I am into 2nd week of my 6 mo. Pre- op, looking at July or August. I am so looking forward to feeling better and if the only benefit is making my knees and back better I'll be happy, although I do have cad and type 2 diabetes, copd. So I will be sharing my journey
Best of days
Sissie

I wish I embraced the body positive movement more!

This surgery is not a tool. Your not buting something from a hardware store to help you lose weight. Your significantlyaltering your gastrointestinal system to solely lose weight.

If you don't have significant comorbidities than I would suggest you reconsider the need to do this.

Eating no more than a cup of food for the rest of your life is a sorry way of living.

Living with the possibility of complications at anytime as we age is a sorry way of living

Living without certain foods cause your stomach can't digest them and not taking NSAIDS for pain is a sorry way of living.

I too, have struggled with my weight for now going on 30years. I lose weight, I gain weight, lose it again, only too come back twice as much. I always feel hungry. I am always thinking about my next meal. My dad, brother, and I all love too cook and share our meals with family and friends. food is what we talk about when we call each other. However, my brother and dad have never been overweight. I cook weight watcher meals and they cook recipes that could be straight from the butter queen of cooking!

I'm now in the process of trying too change my relationship with food. Using WLS as a tool to help curb my appetite while learning to see food as fuel only. I will have grieving pains, but I'll get over it. I've got to or I will die early like my mom. I have 5 grandkids to watch grow up! I want to walk my dog again, and garden, and ride my motorcycle again. I want to travel to every state in America and hike in the rocky mountains. These are all things that should be and will be more important to me than the momentary enjoyment of too many bites of food.

I can not be body positive while overweight because there is nothing positive about it. It's killing me.