Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wasn't allowed raw veggies for six months post-op. Definitely check with your bariatric team for guidance.

At three weeks out, your stomach is not completely healed yet. The advice to check with your bariatric team is wise.

At three weeks out, I was still on pureed foods. In weeks 4-6, I could have mushy steamed vegetables. Be kind to your new tummy and don't rush it. Your tummy needs to heal, and rushing it could make you sick.

I'm six months out, and I can eat raw veggies slowly. I have to chew them really well or they upset me. But so far, so good. Kale still gives me trouble as does fibrous, raw pineapple. But all other fruits and veggies have been great.

Take your time. Check with your bariatric team.

You've got this, and you will be so happy with your results.

Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing great!

It seemed like forever before I started eating anything resembling a salad, and I missed them terribly! It was probably 6 months before I ventured into that territory, mainly because I always ate my Protein first at meals and rarely had room for anything else. Now almost 2 years out, I can/do each a very small salad (if you can call it that) with some Protein for supper sometimes. I will usually only use a couple or 3 leaves of romaine lettuce, a little Tomato and cucumber and dressing. It takes very little to fill me up (about 1/2-3/4 cup), and even less if the food is very dense, like steak, chicken, pork. One egg fills me up, almost, and I can usually eat 1 or 2 slices of bacon with it if I choose to.

Like others have said, don't rush into the raw foods. You have the rest of your life to enjoy them again. It's more important you give your stomach the time it needs to heal properly. I missed my dinner salads (greens+meat) the most in the early stages, but they are worth the wait. Hang in there!

Edited by MrsSugarbabe

I am 4months out and find salads are easier on me now than before the surgery. They used to send me running for the bathroom. I love them with all the veggies I can pack in them.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

No way I'm five weeks out and still on soft puréed foods. The most important thing you should be thinking of consuming is Protein. Aiming for at least 65g a day. This helps keep you healthy and boosts weight loss. You don't need empty calories foods anymore. Weight loss is better wen consuming nutrient rich foods. Best wishes xox

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started hitting the salad bar at work for lunches somewhere around 3 months.

I get a side salad and it's without lettuce. I'll put a thin layer of spinach and then add eggs, chicken, cheese and etc. Newman's Own light vinegarette dressing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches