Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am post op i had my surgery on 6/29

I am having a really difficult time now i have this horrible little bump on my stomach that hurts really bad i went to the er and they said i was fine and i havent digested food in 2 weeks the protien makes me gag so i dont drink it .. And my glue came off my wound and it doesnt looked healed to me .. And i have been chewing food and spitting it out .. My cravings are uncontrollable !!!

So i am starving my wound is open and i am in pain post-297762-14705540965239_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When you say you haven't digested food in two weeks what do you mean?......in the title of your post you say your surgery was 6/29......so you're almost 6 weeks post op??? If you are 6 weeks yes I agree your incision doesn't look as healed as it should......but if what you meant was your surgery was of 7/29 I think it looks pretty good for being about 2 weeks....but I am not a medical professional, but I agree with what they told you at the ER.

If you are about 2 weeks post op and what you mean by not digesting food you mean you're constipated you should contact your doctor for suggestions on what you can take for that.

Also if you're having trouble with your Protein drinks, it's very common for your taste to change after surgery, so what you liked before surgery you may not like afterwards. Try some different brands......if nothing else try some Fair Life milk....but you have to figure out a way to get some protein....and stop with the chewing up food and spitting it out. Focus on what's on your prescribed eating plan and find something that works for you. There is unflavored Protein powder you can add to broths and Soups.....and thousands of different types of Protein Drinks.......this takes work and you can do it....

I wish you the best. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Thank you so much .. I really appreciate all you said i think i just needed to hear someone say it directly to me... I have always known what i need to do .... But i just havent been doing it ... Thank you

Your right i honestly have always been a picky eater ... I would rather starve than eat something grose .... The week before surgery my husband had to force feed me 1 a day the Protein drink and the rest of they day i would starve because i couldnt stomach the taste ..

@@Urgurllizc09 It sounds like you know what you need to do......so go do it! Not eating will not only make you sick it will prevent you from loosing weight.....Our bodies are amazing and will shut down and go into survival mode. You don't want that to happen. You're feeling hungry and craving food because you are hungry! Find a Protein powder that will work for you and make sure to get the proper amount you need each day............that's your job right now. .........focus on getting in all your Fluid, and work on getting your Protein up to where it needs to be.

Thank you so much ... I feel so alone sometimes everyone around me just eats and eats and i habe even been fighting for bites of peoples food .... I feel like i am losing my mind i wanted to go see a therapist but then I figured they wouldnt understand unless they have experienced it or something similar

@@Urgurllizc09 Your bariatric surgical team can suggest a therapist for you that has experience with eating disorders and weight loss surgery patients. ......call them tomorrow!

In the meantime make sure you are not eating anything that is not on your prescribed eating plan....You can do serious damage up to including life threatening damage by eating solid food too soon! You just had more than half of your stomach removed and it needs time to heal......make sure you are only eating/drinking things that are on your plan.

Feel free to reach out to me. Get your material out and follow you plan! Call them tomorrow and get the name of a good therapist.

Take Care,

Kathy

Your surgeon's office should have given you a 24-hour phone number. I highly suggest you use it. It sounds like you need to have your surgeon (or PA) look at your incision and to have a serious talk with your NUT. If they have a psychologist on staff please make an appointment with him or her as soon as possible. If not, see if you can get a referral to someone who is experienced working with bariatric patients.

You have got to get on your Protein and fluids. You need both for healing.