Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asheville North Carolina?

I am finding a huge lack of information on Mission Weight Management and the surgeons they use (Edwards, Soosar, Alan ??). The practice is with Mission Hospital. Has anyone had experience with WLS through this practice? I cannot even meet the surgeon until after four months of hoop jumping, so cannot ask questions, discuss surgery types, etc. Very frustrating as I attempt to make the best decisions for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in the middle of the process with Mission. I know how frustrated you are, I was in your shoes 6 weeks ago. I went to their information session, but could not find any info online about the doctors or the practice. The only way we got any info is by word of mouth. Luckily my wife is in the medical field, not at Mission, but was able to hear first hand from colleagues about Bradshaw and Edwards. That's the only reason I felt comfortable enough to start this process.

It truly sucks that there is no interaction between surgeon and patient until you're already 4-6 months into the process. The practice has a doctor, Hathaway, who can answer any questions you have. She handles all the pre-op and post-op physician appointments. During your first Physician appt, you can ask all your questions and she'll be able to answer. It just stinks that it's not the surgeon giving you the info.

If you have any questions, or would like to talk, feel free to message me.

Thanks! I'm on my third Hathaway appt and have done all the rest except the second grp dietician visit. I am still hesitant about using these docs - I'm glad you were able to get the info you needed to feel comfortable to get it going. I'd just feel better if I knew more, or could find more indicating they are really experts. Thanks for your encouragement; that helps

Their process was too convoluted to me. I decided to go to Charlotte. Novant Bariatrics. Had I started at Novant from the beginning I would probably have a surgery date by now. Mission wasted about 7 weeks of my time.

-Christy in NC-