Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I am doing it! 1st stop, Brachioplasty

I cannot contain my smile. I had a consultation yesterday with my 1st choice plastic surgeon here in Delafield Wi.

She had great reviews, is board certified, has a great team including her assistant and most of all she is also a woman and totally gets it. Even my husband who is very over protective, loves her.

Every plastic surgeon I called would set up 1 appointment for each possible surgery charging a fee each time. I thought that was crazy given I wanted larger game plan for myself but I set up appointments anyway. I found her last and called her assistant who promptly told me that when they are speaking with someone who has multiple concerns they will book more time and provide all the time we needed. If you mentioned real self where I found her, they would do the consultation for free. She just transferred from another clinic so she has some open time much sooner.

Anyway, she was awesome and I loved the way she was thinking about the work I need done. I never felt uncomfortable with her for even a second and let me tell you when you are standing there in their tiny little panties in all your loose skin is hanging everywhere for everyone to see......making one feel comfortable is important.

My number 1 priority is having a brachioplasty because I have huge arms (yes, I will post some pictures soon). Then I wanted to discuss an Abdominalplasty and a breast lift with augmentation. She suggested that she would split them up exactly that way given my priorities and my current health issues (my bad back). She also wants my orthopedic surgeon to approve a small implant which we both agreed was reasonable but I do not want more back pain. Today, the girls are hanging low and pulling on my neck and back so even just putting them back where they belong would help but I really want some of my volume back, I chose a 300 gel implant.

My appointment started at 9:30am and we left there at 1:00pm. Both my hubby and I had a million questions, then they did a photo shoot (my least favorite part), then her assistant went through the option and pricing. My brachioplasty will cost 5950.00.

Then we went to scheduling and I knew I would get in quickly because most people have this type of work done in the fall and winter. So we asked for the soonest available appointment and they set me up for July 28th. On the way home her assistant called me back, they had a cancellation for this coming Thursday morning!!!! So this Thursday morning I will have what we have lovingly called my Grandma arms removed. My granddaughter will be destroyed, she always loved playing with my squishies as she called them.

I will be thrilled!!!!

Down the road, about 3 or 4 month from now, I will have the other portion done.

I know several of you have asked about whether or not I would need to wait until I was a year at a stable weight which was one of my questions to her. She typically would like to see 6 months at a stable weight so we pulled up my tracker and I am nearly 5 months within the same 3 lbs, she was comfortable given I am just having the brachioplasty now. We will then wait for the next surgery at least 3 months.

They would like you to not gain or lose anymore than 10lbs. If you have surgery too soon or lose too much, you could be looking at revisions. I am not planning on revising anything. One and done so I need to work hard to maintain.

This gives me another reason to keep driving forward.

That's my update...... Am I nuts or what?

I am excited mostly, the only nerves that I have currently is because I have such terrible back pain but that is not going away any time soon. We both thought maybe getting some of this weight off my shoulders would help too.

That's awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Congrats, that's wonderful how everything fell into place. Keep us posted on how it goes and we look forward to the before and after photos.

Wow! This is going fast!

So excited for you. I know you really have wanted this brachioplasty work done.

Break a leg! (Well, maybe an arm.) ;)

I am attempting to share my before pics:

post-237953-0-03545400-1468441193_thumb.jpeg

Gosh, I swear they look even bigger on a picture. Looking forward to sharing the smaller arms when I am up to it.

@@Djmohr

So excited for you! I'll be thinking about you on Thursday. Keep us posted when you feel up to it on how you're doing! Congrats!

So excited for you!!! I hope you are as happy with your new arms as I am with mine!

Happy you are having your body shaped how you want it ... And dare I say.. How it used to be? Ahhh youth.

Glad you found someone you trust and yikes. It is soon. Less time to worry I think..

Best of luck!!