Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@dccarite Nice job stopping smoking! My surgery date it the day before yours - we've totally got this! I also have a two year old (and a four year old) who I have to cook dinner for every night - my plan is to use the kid plates and give myself the same portion size that I give them (of the protein).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@dccarite Nice job stopping smoking! My surgery date it the day before yours - we've totally got this! I also have a two year old (and a four year old) who I have to cook dinner for every night - my plan is to use the kid plates and give myself the same portion size that I give them (of the protein).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks!! Good luck to you. And good plan with the kid plates.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

Got a provisional date of Oct 18th which will be confirmed after I see the surgeon again next Wednesday. I'm pretty nervous about it. Questioning whether I'm doing the right thing but dieting has not been successful as I put back on everything I lose once I stop dieting. I suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and my greatest concern is the impact the surgery will have on that, at least in the first weeks and months after surgery. Best friend doesn't think I should do it, but partner is supportive as are other friends.

I don't meet the usual BMI requirements but surgeon is willing to do it because of my fatigue and general inability to sustain a big increase in exercise as that causes my CFS to relapse. I'm only BMI 32 but it has been higher and need to lose around 60 pounds or so. Originally considered a gastric band but didn't like the idea of a foreign object inside that could go wrong and which needed adjustments for however long it remained inside.

Hoping that I can lose the excess weight but more importantly give me a tool to keep the weight off rather than yoyo dieting. Had a bowel cancer scare a few months back and with my mother having died of cancer 2 years ago now gave a family history of cancer and being obese increases my risk of cancer which is anther motivator to shed the weight and keep it off.

Just hope I don't permanently make my CFS worse by having the sleeve...

Imagine I will get my pre op duet details next week, if indeed I have to follow one at all given I'm only 32 BMI.

I can see there are a few of us on the 18th. Good luck everyone.

Neil.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My last weigh in with the NUT is 10/3/16. The paperwork will then be sent to the insurance company for final approval. Tentatively my surgery will be 10/24 or 10/26. I have stopped drinking all sodas but will occasionally have a cup or less of coffee. I am trying smaller portions and giving myself more time to chew up my food. The biggest challenge I see coming is not drinking before/with/after meals. I love my water!!! With a smaller stomach, it might just prove to be the easiest!

My last dietician appt was yesterday also. And my surgery is Oct 24 also, as long as no ins issues. Tomorrow is pre op day testing. I'm new btw lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

My last weigh in with the NUT is 10/3/16. The paperwork will then be sent to the insurance company for final approval. Tentatively my surgery will be 10/24 or 10/26. I have stopped drinking all sodas but will occasionally have a cup or less of coffee. I am trying smaller portions and giving myself more time to chew up my food. The biggest challenge I see coming is not drinking before/with/after meals. I love my water!!! With a smaller stomach, it might just prove to be the easiest!

My last dietician appt was yesterday also. And my surgery is Oct 24 also, as long as no ins issues. Tomorrow is pre op day testing. I'm new btw lol.

I am super excited for you!! I am playing the waiting game now that the patient care coordinator sent off my information today. I want to know NOW!!!! I have been saying from the very beginning that my surgery will be on Oct 24 or 26 so hopefully that will come true! Let's keep in touch! Wishing you the best!

I am super excited for you!! I am playing the waiting game now that the patient care coordinator sent off my information today. I want to know NOW!!!! I have been saying from the very beginning that my surgery will be on Oct 24 or 26 so hopefully that will come true! Let's keep in touch! Wishing you the best!
Yes definitely, keeping in touch would be great! I'll be next door to my other 2 women that are having it the same day. I have to stay 2 nights per ins ????. What are your stats? I'm 5'3 or 5ft 3.5in. Had shoes on and guess it gave me a half inch lol. My first day I was 249 and yesterday I was 233. Not trying to lose anymore lol. I start my low carb high Protein diet nect Monday. Grocery shopping this weekend.

Got my approval today so Oct 24th is still my date. Yay,

Had my sleeve on 18th oct in the evening. That night and the next day were really rough, so much nausea. Discharged home on 20th and nausea pretty much gone and feeling much better. Just had first night at home. Difficult night, writing this at 5.40am as awake from pain and can't get back to sleep. Now the real work begins with trying to ensure sufficient Fluid intake. So strange not feeling hungry despite so little food since the 18th. How are others doing?

Had my sleeve on 18th oct in the evening. That night and the next day were really rough, so much nausea. Discharged home on 20th and nausea pretty much gone and feeling much better. Just had first night at home. Difficult night, writing this at 5.40am as awake from pain and can't get back to sleep. Now the real work begins with trying to ensure sufficient Fluid intake. So strange not feeling hungry despite so little food since the 18th. How are others doing?

I had mine on the 12th, and today is the first day I've felt decent. I still have pain at the larger sites. I was sent home with one drain in because the Fluid hadn't drained to expectations. That finally came out after a week this past Weds. Each day I've gotten better, but in no way am I one of those who bounced right back and was exercising immediately. I have one more week of liquids.....and while not entirely bored with broth and shakes, I find I do not like the pre-mixed shakes at all. I hope you have a speedy recovery and have the time to take to do so (I'm not working right now on purpose, just because of this very reason)!!

Tomorrow I start full liquids. And it is quite weird not feeling hungry. I didn't get anything from Sunday night @ midnight until Tuesday morning 9am. My doc requires a leak test to be passed before he allows fluids. It was so gross. Worse than the barium!

Looking forward to some sort of shake or whatever. I had not even 2 teaspoons fill of Jello and I couldn't try anything else.

How are people doing? I took 3 weeks off work to recover and then went back working part time as I tire very easily. Had 2 weeks of part time but seeing my doctor on Monday to request a further 2 weeks of part time working. Eating soft foods now but not reaching the levels of Protein needed yet. Feeling pretty good and lost 30 lbs in 5 weeks (including the one week pre op diet). Already half way to my goal. Just need to lose another 30 lbs and I'll be at the weight I'm hoping for. Weight loss is slowing now. Was losing 1 lb per day which slowed to 1 lb every 2 days and it's more like 1 lb per 3 or 4 days now. I'm sure it will continue to slow further since I didn't have a huge amount to lose in the first place. But very happy with my progress and being able to fit into medium sized clothes now rather than large or extra large.