Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Headaches during liver reduction

I can still have coffee just no milk. Is that unusual?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Nope... not unusual... we were allowed to have coffee and tea and sugar free soda.... we even were allowed to have a small dash of milk if ee wanted to.

Plans can be different depending on the surgeon

Phew :) thanks for the reply. I have been having a black coffee or diet coke as my 'treat'

Yeah i think that surgeon's here are a little bit more relaxed than other places.... i suggest trying to cut back on the diet coke though.... its better to cut it out now... cause you won't be able to have it later.

Even without sugar, you’re still consuming something sweet and your taste buds will be used to that level of sweetness.

Better to withdraw now, than withdrawing as well as recovering

Ok so I was talking to another sleever today and they were strictly on shakes pre op. I am allowed 100g of Protein. I triple checked this was correct. But why why why do some allow it an not others. I feel worried that I've had it when others can't.

With our clinic it depends on the persons starting weight....

basically the assumption is.. the bigger the person the more liver shrinkage required.

Is that other sleever bigger than you?

If you are allowed to have it... be thankful...i reckon some pre op people would sell their children for some chicken hahaha.

As long as your surgeon allows it... then you are doing the right thing... you should be fine.

Oh its a HE! Boys lose soooo much faster than us!

5 sleeps! How exciting! How are you feeling? Have the crazy thoughts kicked in yet?

Yeah he has done really well. Though he is very casual about it. Won't even take his Multivitamin or go to his follow ups. At this point I just want it done so I don't feel hungry. Thank god I get that 100g of Protein. My biggest worry is paper undies and sleeping in a hospital but I guess that part will be over quick. I am also looking forward to loosing enough weight to get into 'new' territory having lost and regained and lost and regained on my own these last few years.

Which hospital are you getting your surgery done?

We didn't have to wear paper undies... we were allowed to wear our normal ones.... lucky i didn't pack anything fancy... just standard ones lol

sleeping is fun post op... the drugs they give you are awesome... i loved pressing the pump ans getting a hit lol i was such a junkie for the two days lol

What everyone else said

I was a ridiculously heavy coffee drinker and finding out that I had to give it up was initially devastating....

I literally have an 8 foot coffee bar in my house with a tassimo, a keurig, a rivo, a nespresso, and a cuisanart coffee system on it.

So if anyone can relate, here is how I tackled it....

Pretty much as soon as I had my first consultation I bought some half caff coffee and replaced all but my morning cup with half caff. I stayed on this until I ran out of full caff pods....

Then I bought a bunch of Decaf and replaced all the half caff except my morning cup with decaf until I ran out of half caff pods.

6 months later and I'm 100% decaf - though if I go to Starbucks or Dunkin (which is a rarity) I'll still have a regular cup

You know - I thought I would be devastated and I'm really just not

Thinking about selling off all but two of my pots....